17 coaches online • Server time: 04:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BunnyPuncher

Post 18 Posted: Dec 02, 2003 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Argh! December in Norsca! Can't go raidin, can't go sailin, can't even go piratin. Nuthin to do but drink mead and sit by the fire. Or is there. ...

This tournament is to be a cheap rip-off of the highly fun and successful Waaaagh! Challenge http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1303&start=0

This will be a last-man-standing tournament with Norse instead of Orcs. So it should be even quicker and bloodier than the Waaagh! Arrr me matey's.

However,

A few differences...

1. Teams must be norse/viking or nautical themes. All team names must start with HMS, USS, HMCS etc. (various countries have various designations) or Dragonship Something (Dragonship Nuffle for example) or be the name of some historical War or Pirate Ship.

2. You have two (2) leaders... a Captain and a First Mate. They must be clearly identified as follows... example: Captain Skipper and First Mate Gilligan would be a nice Gilligan's Island USS Minnow themed team. THEY MAY NOT BE A BIG GUY!

3. When both your Captain and First Mate are disabled (SI/RIP) you are eliminated from the tournament. Your Captain and First Mate must be on the field at all times unless KO'd or Badly Hurt. Fouling out with both players will also result in elimination. Niggling out will also cause elimination (a minimum of 1 of the two must be able to take the field at the start of every game).

4. Wizards, Star Players and Apothecary's are not allowed.

5. You may not replace players or purchase new ones at any time after your first match. So plan your team wisely from the beginning. I will be relying on on the honour system here and other coaches to report infractions.

6. You may purchase additional re-rolls.

7. My goal is to make this a fast gore filled tourny. If you do not play a minimum of 1 game per week. You will be eliminated

8. The final two teams will face-off in a winner take all game. If neither team manages to eliminate the opposing leaders, The team with the highest score in this game wins. Scoring for this game is as follows: TDs + Cas (all inflicted cas).

9. Obviously... teams must be rookie T Norse teams.

The winner of the tournament will be presented with the highly coveted SkullFace Trophy graphic, which they can display in their team bio or coach info page. The real nice thing about the ol' SkullFace is that you can use it as an emergency beer stein (its Olaf's skull, hollowed out and gilt in silver!)

So sailors, marines, pirates, vikings, sea dogs, old salts and privateers hasten to add your team to the tourny.

JOIN! click on da link below....
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=629

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2003 - 03:29 Reply with quote Back to top

*bump*

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2003 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

The Norsca Challenge Has Officially started.

Post Eliminations in this thread.

If both your leaders die/si you must immediately concede the game.

Play as often as you want but you must play 1 game per week (starting right now!)

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2003 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Clementus has eliminated Mephist

Mephist bought & used an apo on one of his leaders, so was thus booted.

Shame the nancy norseman who needs to bring his doctor to the pitch!

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2003 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

<<Or as it really happened. hehe>>

The Jolly Roger 1 (Captn. Blue Beard) : 1 Ghost Ship (conceeded, used
apoth)

Being the first boat into Black Cat Bay the crew of the Jolly Roger took it easy, well easy enough, hard without any women on board, well one. But anyway... Twas not long till a strange ship was sighted upon the stormy seas. And so it was set up, the pitch was cleaned/cleared/disinfected ready for the upcoming brawl/game. The Crew of the Jolly Roger lay in Ambush and before the ghost ship crew had settled down they were being blitzed, bashed and gnawed, and that was just Wily Kat the First mate.

Twas not long til the Ghost Crew took the first casualties, being bashed around the head with a cannon ball. And so the game went on..... blows dealt by both sides.... and the game went on..... Captain Blue Beard scored a touchdown just for the Ghost Ships First mate to retaliate in short time... but then!

...twas an odd move by Wily Kat, removing all armour she charged head first at the Ghost Ships line bashing all aside before her, until she reached their oversized baboon (ogre). Hitting him square on with a large headbutt there was little Kat could do but be carried off the pitch on a stretcher, a broken neck to blame..... And so the game came towards it end both sides taking Casualties, though with a final Cas score of 7-2 the Rogers crew were happy and proud. And so the game ended..... except off to one side..... Twas a giant blitz and then a seeming pile on...... and one emerged... or was it two.... the Captain of the Ghost Ship had called an end to the game asking aid from a doctor nearby... the coward had shown his weakness and so distressed and disturbed the remains of the Ghost Ship Crew left the bay one man short and with a new Captain.... and the Rogers waited for their next challengers.

Flings Rule!
Grod

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2003 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Rrr ye hearties. The Sea Dragons will fight yers all, even without a dumb fat oaf of an ogre or an uncontrollable Minotaur. Damn we wish we had one now though...
borderline

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2003 - 01:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Gods are so fickle! One moment they want to play, the next they don't... Just got eliminated by Clementus. A quick and painless skull-block killed ol' Captain Oden, and seconds later First Mate Thor got sent to the sick bay by one of Clem's blitzers....

Anyway, they're all back in Valhalla for the eternal feast.

(And I had a beautiful foul on Clem's Captain going early on, which would have won me the game, but he only went KO...)
Clementus

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2003 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Jolly Rogers 1 : 0 Dragon Ship of Oden

And so the next team stepped forward relishing the weakness of the Rogers crew while the teams "psycho" was out. Without their first mate they knew they were in problems and so deployed to protect their Captain. And the game began with the Dragon Ship crew taking the first play and blitzing the Rogers crew with devestating consequences Koing one of the Triplets. And so the brawl continued, with each side trading blows until the Captain of the Rogers crew was taken off, but only Ko'd. Was this the end of the Rogers? Unlikely, the triplets fought on with berserk courage and after the Dragon Ships captain made a challenge it was gladly taken up by the oldest of the three, and after a quick trading of blows the Dragon Ships Captain was lain out dead and their First mate who had stepped in was carried off upon a stretcher leaving the Rogers Crew nothing to do but bludgeoun the other side as they ran. Another team gone and a ship taken now under the flag of the Jolly Rogers.

Flings Rule!
Clementus

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2003 - 02:36 Reply with quote Back to top

And so it goes on.....

Jolly Rogers 2 (Captn. Bluebeard) : 0 HMS Mary Celleste (conceeded)

Quick, yet brutal, the way the game was intended. The Rogers crew showed their intent the instant the ball was booted down field by their kicker and after a failed block from the Cellestes crew they were all over them. The First mate was dispatched quickly by a pincer move, co ordinated by the Triplets, and it was not long after that the Cellestes crew fell apart under the firey blows of the Rogers Crew. And so their Captain was left alone to face the fury of the triplets as well as Aaarghh the Parrot. And so the light fell on the field leaving another dead captain and another crew setting sail under a new flag, the indomnitable Jolly Roger.

Flings Rule!
Grod

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2003 - 03:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Erm so to clarify... I havent played any games yet... is it too late to change my team or is the tournament structure fixed now... It would be very easy and quick for me to change the team if i was given permission...

Oscar Wilde
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2003 - 05:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod: no... but I will change it so that your Captain and first mate are not positional players...

just send me a pm assigning captaincy and first matedom to other players and I can change the names for you.

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2003 - 06:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Arr me Captain and Mate wont trade der places with no one. Thanks for that offer anyway though.
McCloud

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2003 - 06:18 Reply with quote Back to top

In their third match the HMS Revolutions finally put some hurt on someone. LOL.
HMS Revolutions 1 | USS Missouri 0
The game was a fairly bashy one from the start.
The Missouri crew thought fouling would be the way to go, but weren't too adept at it. They did get the ref's attention a couple times though and got a couple players ejected for their efforts. I decided to take advantage of the ref keeping his eye on them to do a little bit of fouling myself. My 1st victim was his big Ogre guy. I slipped up and fouled him ever so gently, resulting in his timely demise and the ref never even took his eye off of the Missouri team.
A little while later his 1st Mate was on the ground so I decided to try my luck at fouling again. Another death was the result of my efforts.
Later I tried fouling his Captain as well, but all I got for that effort was a Badly Hurt out of it.
I tried my best to eliminate the USS Missouri, but came away short. I guess some one else will get that effort.

A note to Bunny, I don't think the group page is tracking points correctly as everyone still seems to have 0 points.

See the rest of you on the high seas!

McCloud
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2003 - 06:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Points?!? Points?!? We dont need no stinkin points!

I just kick teams as they get eliminated.

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2003 - 09:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Just curious... what if the cap or his 1st mate have a niggle and actually DO niggle, does this count as a SI or not?

Jump to: