50 coaches online • Server time: 23:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nighteye

Post   Posted: May 13, 2009 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Realized i never adressed some of the questions you asked about in this thread.

Game statistics is very nice, its a great overview of what has happened so far.

In regards to the context menu where you select what action to take, i have very often accidentally clicked end turn instead of say going for it. This might be one of those thing you just need to get the hang of, but the two buttons are very close to eachother, and its easy to missclick. Some kind of line separator, separating the end turn action from the other actions would be really nice. If you missclick any other action, you can just deselect the player and start over, but not so with end turn.

We already talked about overflow, and its not working yet.

I like the ball animations alot, however they are a bit slow. If you make a long kick, it takes quite a while for the ball to go all the way. Seems like an unnecessary long waiting time once you start playing alot of game.

One last thing. volume. Could you please incorporate some way of controlling the volume of the client. It was a godsend when it got introduced to the old client, and it would really be missing from the new one if it didnt get implemented.

Otherwise keep up the great work.
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: May 13, 2009 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

yer I've clicked standup and end turn instead of move a couple of times
Khudzlin

Post   Posted: May 16, 2009 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I just noticed that the opponent is not notified of which action players are commited to: when you see a player moving, you do not know whether he is going to blitz, foul or just move. I think it should be logged.

There's a little typo in the failed regeneration message: the space before "does not regenerate" is missing.
BlackBart

Post   Posted: May 16, 2009 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

If you add in the hotkeys, please make them customizable!

Post   Posted: May 16, 2009 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be nice to see in the chat log when it's your turn to place players or kick the ball, etc. Also, I assume settings like whether sound is on or off, will persist between games at some point?
oryx

Post   Posted: May 16, 2009 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

if possible, a chat log that is separated from the main window (such as in the lrb4 client) would make it easier to follow the thread of a conversation during an action packed turn.
Ludovicious

Post   Posted: May 16, 2009 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Am I the only one who's having sound issues?

I will try to describe it to ya:
* the sounds apply a little to late to the players movement, the balls kick, etc.
* the sounds are played with a shorter lasting time than in the old client, as if i hear half of a boo or half of a footstep sound.
* if a player moves to fast, the two above mentioned become even more problematic, at times the sound doesnt even appear. As if it is cut or removed to make place for the new sound bit, that is then again, cut off.

I hope you can picture this. kinda hard to explain.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: May 16, 2009 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

kalimar....out of curiosity...since some coaches around here tend to do this more often than they should *cough*...

will coaches be able to spectate their own matches?

--j

ImageImage
Kalimar

Post   Posted: May 16, 2009 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
kalimar....out of curiosity...since some coaches around here tend to do this more often than they should *cough*...

will coaches be able to spectate their own matches?

--j

Short answer: no. At least not under the same Coachname / Password (and the alternative og having multiple logins is prohibted per site rules anyway). You may join every game only once (regardless of your role).
Kalimar

Post   Posted: May 17, 2009 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Dear fellow gamers,

I have heard close to nothing about the latest client features such as extra chat window (configurable) or spectator handling (/spectators command, spectator joins and leaves). I'll just assume that you all like it, otherwise I would have heard about it for sure Wink

Greetings, Kalimar
Mnemon

Post   Posted: May 17, 2009 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
I put together a really quick mockup of a layout that could work:

Mockup 1024x768

This layout would easily be adapted to smaller and larger sizes.

I really, really like this. If some graphics person (no that's not me :/) would be working on a UI following that mockup - do you think it'd be possible updating the client, Kalimar? Or would that require a lot of code work?

(I'd think re-rolls close to the team icons would be better - keeping the information important during a turn grouped close together.)
BroadAsImLong

Post   Posted: May 17, 2009 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

the extra chat window is nice, specially as im still getting used to the new combat log Smile i like having them separate though, and the option for either is good for all. two thumbs up.

seeing spectators names can only be good i think.

i like the mockup christer did. but would it be possible for a scaling ui? ie you can maximise your screen? cos i for one have a much bigger monitor, and like the game to take my full focus.

Broad
Ludovicious

Post   Posted: May 17, 2009 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

What would be really ace would, be a theme selector for chat and log.

I have a dark theme om my comp and so the colours (look, an u. ref. to a previous thread) of the fonts look like distorted neon, only readable if my eyes are at the excact level of the line im reading.

One more thing, why is "going for it" topmost when you have clicked move? wouldnt it be more natural to have "end move" there?
Kalimar

Post   Posted: May 18, 2009 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Mmmh. PathFinding and Automove in the client, new iconified Popups and Passhandling closer to the rules and not a single comment on it? Just wondering ... Smile
zakatan

Post   Posted: May 18, 2009 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar, Christer,

I tried it out yesterday (the pathfinding and automove) and i think it's an excellent feature. I had my doubts when i read it on the release notes but after trying I think it's a great improvement.

Regarding the new separate chat window, an always on top option would be great (at least one level higher than the client). On small screens you can't play and chat at the same time like in the lrb4 client.