53 coaches online • Server time: 13:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nighteye

Post   Posted: May 13, 2009 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Operating system: Windows XP SP3

Java Version
java version "1.6.0_11"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_11-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 11.0-b16, mixed mode, sharing)

Bug problem: If Thick Skull saves a player from being knocked out, the knocked out sound is still played.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 13, 2009 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

this new client really has some improvements....nice...
Christer

Post   Posted: May 13, 2009 - 10:41
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Well, this is apparently something that people have differing opinions on. Bug (16088), which was resolved for 0.2.1 said the exact opposite which is why it was changed.

I'll mark this bug as in need of feedback and hope that your guys will help out trying to find a good solution to how this should be handled.
Nighteye

Post   Posted: May 13, 2009 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Earlier, there where no sound played at all, no "stunned" sound, and no "knocked out" sound. Now its simply playing the wrong sound.

If a player with thick skull suffers a roll of 8 on injury, the normal "stunned" sound should play. If the player suffers a 9, it should play the "knocked out" sound.
zakatan

Post   Posted: May 13, 2009 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Nighteye wrote:
Earlier, there where no sound played at all, no "stunned" sound, and no "knocked out" sound. Now its simply playing the wrong sound.

If a player with thick skull suffers a roll of 8 on injury, the normal "stunned" sound should play. If the player suffers a 9, it should play the "knocked out" sound.

I think so too. The sound should reflect the actual output of the injury roll
Khudzlin

Post   Posted: May 13, 2009 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
Nighteye wrote:

I think so too. The sound should reflect the actual output of the injury roll

i'll third that: otherwise, it would be confusing

when ball & chain is implemented, the KO sound should be played for any roll up to 9 on a fanatic (since they are all treated as KO)
maysrill

Post   Posted: May 13, 2009 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe someone could find a good "bonked on the head" sound effect to be used just for this purpose. I'd think something classic/corny like from the Flintstones or Looney Toons or something.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
 Jump to: