35 coaches online • Server time: 14:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Zero1BB

Post   Posted: May 22, 2009 - 09:43 Reply with quote Back to top

No one wants to be forced to use a team they don't want to.

/thread
Skolopender

Post   Posted: May 22, 2009 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Brother-Fu wrote:
Rebholz wrote:
Meech wrote:
This thread...

Make me feel like that.

agreed. Box needs less restrictions, not more, in order to get more coaches activating. Also, what is that? Cause now I want one.

Me wants too!! Razz

What is it; eggs in some pork-thingy Question

Hey people stop that jabbing about Blacbox and stick to he real subject!

What is this thing? It looks seriously unhealthy... and so Yummy!

Post   Posted: May 22, 2009 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually it looks like one of those ads for what the inside of your lung looks like if you're a heavy smoker.

Not so tasty now, eh? Smile
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 22, 2009 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Out of my 62 Blackbox games, 27 have been against Chaos/CD/Dwarf/Khemrian/Ogre/Orc. Which is really correct.

For you, it's 53/112. It's a bit more but I don't think there's an huge issue on variety now in the Box.

It's was at the start, when some lamers wanted to prove that the system would collapse thanks to mauling. But a majority simply left, making the box healthy enough (even if it should be slightly more crowded).

Post   Posted: May 22, 2009 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

5 Bloodbowl races make up around 50% of the number of teams in the BBox.
The variety ain't that good yet.
Meech

Post   Posted: May 22, 2009 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Skolopender wrote:
Brother-Fu wrote:
Rebholz wrote:
Meech wrote:
This thread...

Make me feel like that.

agreed. Box needs less restrictions, not more, in order to get more coaches activating. Also, what is that? Cause now I want one.

Me wants too!! Razz

What is it; eggs in some pork-thingy Question

Hey people stop that jabbing about Blacbox and stick to he real subject!

What is this thing? It looks seriously unhealthy... and so Yummy!

Sausage Fatty

A giant Jimmy Dean Maple Sausage filled with bacon, cream cheese, mushrooms, jalapeños and Colby cheese.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2009 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Reisender wrote:
ok people although many might not accept the suggestion made by the guy who started this thread, it is (as so often) a brilliant reaction by the "community".

the suggestion is not that bad, at least it doesnt deserve this kind of stupid bull...

No actually the suggestion is not that bad. It however has been discussed before (the OP wouldn't have known that) and dismissed there. Hence why the first post shooting it down says "never will happen, big C dismissed it".

A future post by spooneh, while horrifically phrased for the thin skinned, shows why it was shot down.

What his idea does, is say that if you want to play B, you must have certain teams. It will force people to play with a team they might not want to play.

That is a horrible way to build the box back.

As for the ham/cheese thing.... my god I want. Very Happy

__Synn
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 22, 2009 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

VampyrSlayer wrote:
5 Bloodbowl races make up around 50% of the number of teams in the BBox.
The variety ain't that good yet.

But those numbers simply doesn't take the active part in account.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2009 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

By the way, to the active Boxers and of course, except à high TR/TS were low AV teams can't stay that long, do you really have the feeling the box lacks of veriety today?

Post   Posted: May 22, 2009 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm totally against that idea! I only got skaven and gobbos in B, and I dont feel at all the need to play any higher AV teams. I just love the sound of my players going squish all the time too much.

Even though I've played 44 of my 91 games vs Orcs, dwarves or khemri. The rats are doing just fine.... Ofcourse there is some rebuilding phases every now and then. But that's just the price you have to pay for having a fun team Very Happy
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: May 22, 2009 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

treborius wrote:
VampyrSlayer wrote:
...a bit more variety in the teams that frequent the box rather than seeing predominately dwarf, cd and khemri.

i don't agree - i've played less than 30 games vs. the 3 races you're mentioning in over 150 Box-games with my active teams - that's even less than 20% Wink

congrats for being the exception and not the rule...

in my 53 games of blackbox, i played 6 dorfs, 10 khemri, and 9 orcs...

that's just under 50% of my matches played against 3 races...

nice variety there....

TheSpoonyBard wrote:
If I have a team I like, I shouldn't be able to play that team at will, I should have to make 2 other teams and be forced to play them just as often.

i'm sorry, but if you can't find 3 races that you enjoy playing, then maybe you should just change your coachname to 'maxblb' or 'kfoged'

Rebholz wrote:
Box needs less restrictions, not more, in order to get more coaches activating

uhhh....blackbox has restrictions?....since when?

people don't activate because the division was destroyed by douchebags who played only to wreck teams, or people exploiting flaws that used to be in the TS system....also due to the lack of variety(ie: only playing the same few races over....and over....and over....and over...) *hint hint*

Synn wrote:
As for the ham/cheese thing.... my god I want. Very Happy

...and you call me fat?....fattie...

--j

ImageImage
Archevol

Post   Posted: May 22, 2009 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a veggie, and even I want a sausage fatty... 8,(
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 22, 2009 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a random thought (I fully realise I play no [B], so it's not really my business), but if you come across a situation where you have 2,3,4 coaches and it doesn't throw up any matches, why don't you just get someone in main to note which two + coaches activated, go to their coach overviews and pick a fair [R] game?

Same difference, isn't it? I can't imagine a wise old head in main chat would come up with a worse matchup than the bot, actually, quite the reverse.

Just a thought...
Rebholz

Post   Posted: May 22, 2009 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
Rebholz wrote:
Box needs less restrictions, not more, in order to get more coaches activating

uhhh....blackbox has restrictions?....since when?

I still would like to see the minimum coaches dropped from 6 to 4, even though it seems that's never going to happen

Purplegoo wrote:
Just a random thought (I fully realise I play no [B], so it's not really my business), but if you come across a situation where you have 2,3,4 coaches and it doesn't throw up any matches, why don't you just get someone in main to note which two + coaches activated, go to their coach overviews and pick a fair [R] game?

Same difference, isn't it? I can't imagine a wise old head in main chat would come up with a worse matchup than the bot, actually, quite the reverse.

Just a thought...

I've done this and there's nothing wrong with it per se, but it takes away the randomness that makes box fun. Box is basically gambling, which is what's so cool about it.
Synn

Post   Posted: May 22, 2009 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Rebholz wrote:

Purplegoo wrote:

Just a thought...

I've done this and there's nothing wrong with it per se, but it takes away the randomness that makes box fun. Box is basically gambling, which is what's so cool about it.

Trust me.... nothing could be more random than two people approaching someone like Cloggy or Purplechest and saying "choose a match for us". 9 out of 10 times they will pick a better match than the box would.

Thats actually how Stable worked and the matches were fair up until some dooshes decided to try to hire stars or weasel out of a game.

__Synn
**Shadow.... you are still teh fats
 Jump to: