81 coaches online • Server time: 21:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Fresh

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2003 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I was refused a game by an Orc player many ranks above me with a Troll and 4 BOBlockers and a load of other positional players, because he said my 5 game old dwarf team (no slayers at the time) was too strong. He said he would play my brand new human team though, because "that would be fairer on him". Confused
Thadrin

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2004 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:
I had my Dwarf team turned down because my potential opponent didn't want to play a "mirror game" - he had Dwarves as well and even though they were closely rated, he didn't want to play against the same race...

I can't fathom that - it's the ultimate coach challenge. Two teams grinding it out with the same strengths and weaknesses....

Fair play...dwarf mirror is not generally a hugely exciting game. Its not like the elf mirror...it tends to turn into a shoving match decided by the dice rather than ability.

Just in my experience anyway.
Jugular

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2004 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

He was playing orcs and the other guy dwarves. Thats not a dwarf mirror!!
R_Spiskit

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2004 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I have challenged any amazon coach to play my 161/162 dwarves, and no one will, cos they are all wimps.

I also challenged a coach who had 2 teams that had the exact TR & TS as my 2 teams and said he could chose who plays what. He refused saying that we had no teams that were close enough. When I highlighted the fact that my 2 matched 2 of his, he got in a huff and disappeared. LOL
Mully

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2004 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow challenging Zons with your dwarves .... what a brave coach.

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I got turned down for a Tr100 vs Tr100 new team game because my FF was too low...

On average a FF of 9 (instead of my 4) would have added only 10,000 to the winnings.
Mezir

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 02:42 Reply with quote Back to top

If you consequently turn down people with a low ff, over 10 matches your net gain will be 100k. That's an extra Chaos Warrior. Big difference.

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 03:06 Reply with quote Back to top

If you don't play earnings = 0K. Smile
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 05:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Ug wrote:
I got turned down for a Tr100 vs Tr100 new team game because my FF was too low...

On average a FF of 9 (instead of my 4) would have added only 10,000 to the winnings.

I have to agree with Mezir here. Playing against teams with a high FF your first few games is simply the smarter way to go.

It means more cash, even if you lose, which in turn makes surviving the first few games much more likely.

The difference between the extreme of 20 FF combined and 10 FF combined is 20K per game at TR 100-125, or specifically an average of 70K versus 50K.
Matt_wyeth

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 06:15 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah and the benefits of playing vs low FF teams isn't too good other than at the kick off
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 06:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Thadrin wrote:
ClayInfinity wrote:
I had my Dwarf team turned down because my potential opponent didn't want to play a "mirror game" - he had Dwarves as well and even though they were closely rated, he didn't want to play against the same race...

I can't fathom that - it's the ultimate coach challenge. Two teams grinding it out with the same strengths and weaknesses....

Fair play...dwarf mirror is not generally a hugely exciting game. Its not like the elf mirror...it tends to turn into a shoving match decided by the dice rather than ability.

Just in my experience anyway.

What game isn't ultimately a shoving match decided by dice??

I have seen a myriad of different strategies for the same race... the way one coach plays dwarves versus say my method of playing dwarves (which is crap!) would produce a good game...

No one plays the same and no one makes the exact same decision in any given scenario...
Diamond5119

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 07:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I too got turned down because i had a ff of 8. My would be opponent said that elves are expensive (he has HE) and that he plays only agaisnt those that have a ff above 10 for the first 5 games, in case something happens to his beloved elves... Now that's that spirit of competition and bloodbowl now isn't it?? NOT!!!!!!!!! Whimp! I was offering to play his HE against my DE at the time....

I also got turned down once by somebody who told me that I would probably win against him because, at the time, I had a winning record. He also told me he only plays against those he thinks he can beat without too much trouble. Got a love a good challenge now, don't you?? Some people sometimes....

When a challenge is fair, you shouldn't be able to refuse it....honestly......

Diamond
Jahira

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 07:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I have had a coach turn me down becouse i was too bashy.. (now the funny part is that it was my humans with barely 1 casualty avarage) and said he didn't like getting slaughtered (even better HE WAS ORC)!
Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

All know your evil mind. Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 10:15 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:

What game isn't ultimately a shoving match decided by dice??

OK...more so than normal in this case.

It CAN be an interesting game, but it can just as easily be a festival of yawns. I'll play Dwarf mirror - I'm known as a dwarf player above all else, and love trying out unconventional stuff with them - but I'd rather play against other races, because it DOES produce a better game.

On the other subject - playing only high FF may be sensible...but it is somewhat Beardy as well.