18 coaches online • Server time: 04:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DoubleSkulls

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Ug wrote:
I got turned down for a Tr100 vs Tr100 new team game because my FF was too low...

On average a FF of 9 (instead of my 4) would have added only 10,000 to the winnings.

Don't forget that's an extra 50k spent on players/rerolls so you are more likely to beat him too.

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I refuse to play coaches with mush higher coach rating then me. And I have geting alot of lip from some of them when I turn them down Sad .
I know I am no good at this game so it's no fun to be outsmarted and outplayed (seams to happen to me alot duuuh).
I do not mind playing higher TR teams tho, since when you have the basic skills block/dodge etc the extra skills the other team might have does't make such a hugh diffrence.
DoubleSkulls

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Megamaw wrote:
I refuse to play coaches with mush higher coach rating then me. And I have geting alot of lip from some of them when I turn them down Sad .

Confused The best way to improve is to play people who are better than you.

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Coach ranking is absolutely not telling how good a coach really is. I for once am not interested in ranking or trying to excell at it - my only ranked team are my gobbos. Of course my ranking is lower than it would be if I'd ranked all of my teams (not saying that I would be anywhere near the top - quite the contrary).

And well, what DoubleSkulls said - if you are hanging onto and valueing you coach ranking as important there always is the option to create some unranked teams and play anybody using those.
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Mnemon wrote:
Coach ranking is absolutely not telling how good a coach really is.

This is only half true. Someone with a high ranking is going to be a good coach or have insanely good luck. However, someone with a low ranking could either be a bad coach, or could just be one of the many, many people who just don't care at all about ranking, myself included.

The Finishing Touch
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

"Your coach rating is too high," is one I have heard before.

I gave a reason once for refusing a game with my high elves is that I was pissed at them for rolling 4 1/1's (a game versus Mully btw) on the same drive and I was punishing them by not palying them. Still haven't played them yet either....

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I had someone turn me down beacuse my team's Fan Factor was too low. Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel. Smile

BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2004 - 02:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I wont even consider playing a bashy team with a ff less than 5. I'm a greedy pig.

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2004 - 02:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it only makes sense. Why risk losing players AND settle for less money?

The Finishing Touch
Thadrin

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2004 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Last night I was informed that my Dwarf team had too much Block (13 players, and both runners have picked it up).
Hmmmmm....

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2004 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Mmmm best reason i got turned down.... lemme think... I still love the youve got too much foul appearance on a rotter team... well DUUH!
Then there was the you won too many matches, while our str and tr were both 5 apart (i had 5 tr more he had 5 tstr more) and offcourse the old i dont like dp... you will hurt me (me offering skaven vs chaos with 2 claw guys... go fig...)
Gimoboy

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2004 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

My hobbit team was turned down a game agaisnt an elf team because i had a ogre that was nasty he said.
I mean 15 flings and 1 player thats nasty lol comon get a grip!!!
Parallax

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2004 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I was turned down because my opponent claimed he only lfg'd to see if his team was approved ^^
Bretter

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2004 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

DoubleSkulls wrote:
Confused The best way to improve is to play people who are better than you.

This is all fine and dandy, but I played an obviously superior team and coach (based on ST and Coach Rating) only to be ridiculed for winning. I was told that it was ridiculous how my terrrible play wouod be allowed to win.

Now I know that a lot of good coaches out there will spend time with a poor coach like myself and give some pointers, but that was just lame.
chunky04

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2004 - 03:00 Reply with quote Back to top

lol, sounds like all my games with canibal Bretter.