46 coaches online • Server time: 14:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DoubleSkulls

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Ug wrote:
I got turned down for a Tr100 vs Tr100 new team game because my FF was too low...

On average a FF of 9 (instead of my 4) would have added only 10,000 to the winnings.

Don't forget that's an extra 50k spent on players/rerolls so you are more likely to beat him too.

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I refuse to play coaches with mush higher coach rating then me. And I have geting alot of lip from some of them when I turn them down Sad .
I know I am no good at this game so it's no fun to be outsmarted and outplayed (seams to happen to me alot duuuh).
I do not mind playing higher TR teams tho, since when you have the basic skills block/dodge etc the extra skills the other team might have does't make such a hugh diffrence.
DoubleSkulls

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Megamaw wrote:
I refuse to play coaches with mush higher coach rating then me. And I have geting alot of lip from some of them when I turn them down Sad .

Confused The best way to improve is to play people who are better than you.

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Coach ranking is absolutely not telling how good a coach really is. I for once am not interested in ranking or trying to excell at it - my only ranked team are my gobbos. Of course my ranking is lower than it would be if I'd ranked all of my teams (not saying that I would be anywhere near the top - quite the contrary).

And well, what DoubleSkulls said - if you are hanging onto and valueing you coach ranking as important there always is the option to create some unranked teams and play anybody using those.
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Mnemon wrote:
Coach ranking is absolutely not telling how good a coach really is.

This is only half true. Someone with a high ranking is going to be a good coach or have insanely good luck. However, someone with a low ranking could either be a bad coach, or could just be one of the many, many people who just don't care at all about ranking, myself included.

The Finishing Touch
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

"Your coach rating is too high," is one I have heard before.

I gave a reason once for refusing a game with my high elves is that I was pissed at them for rolling 4 1/1's (a game versus Mully btw) on the same drive and I was punishing them by not palying them. Still haven't played them yet either....

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I had someone turn me down beacuse my team's Fan Factor was too low. Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel. Smile

BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2004 - 02:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I wont even consider playing a bashy team with a ff less than 5. I'm a greedy pig.

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2004 - 02:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it only makes sense. Why risk losing players AND settle for less money?

The Finishing Touch
Thadrin

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2004 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Last night I was informed that my Dwarf team had too much Block (13 players, and both runners have picked it up).
Hmmmmm....

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2004 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Mmmm best reason i got turned down.... lemme think... I still love the youve got too much foul appearance on a rotter team... well DUUH!
Then there was the you won too many matches, while our str and tr were both 5 apart (i had 5 tr more he had 5 tstr more) and offcourse the old i dont like dp... you will hurt me (me offering skaven vs chaos with 2 claw guys... go fig...)
Gimoboy

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2004 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

My hobbit team was turned down a game agaisnt an elf team because i had a ogre that was nasty he said.
I mean 15 flings and 1 player thats nasty lol comon get a grip!!!
Parallax

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2004 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I was turned down because my opponent claimed he only lfg'd to see if his team was approved ^^
Bretter

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2004 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

DoubleSkulls wrote:
Confused The best way to improve is to play people who are better than you.

This is all fine and dandy, but I played an obviously superior team and coach (based on ST and Coach Rating) only to be ridiculed for winning. I was told that it was ridiculous how my terrrible play wouod be allowed to win.

Now I know that a lot of good coaches out there will spend time with a poor coach like myself and give some pointers, but that was just lame.
chunky04

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2004 - 03:00 Reply with quote Back to top

lol, sounds like all my games with canibal Bretter.