17 coaches online • Server time: 06:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2009 - 10:48
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I presume that just because you blacklist somebody dosent mean you wont get scheduled against them. Just wanted to check?

Could this be implemented? Or would it just be used to make the glorious [B] to much like wussie [R]?

Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2009 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

This will not be implemented for the reasons you describe and for the risk of abuse.

M

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2009 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

It could, but it shouldn't be done. The hole point with the box is that you cant dodge anything.

If some one fouls and bash alot, well that is the point with the box. Coaches should play like they whant to play and still get games.
If you dont like it, go and pick some games in R.
If a coach is using abusive language, report it to the admin.

The sweet thing with the box is that all those mean bashy teams will sooner or later get to play another mean and bashy team. Then it whont be so fun for them anymore and they will go back and pick in R.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2009 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

stupid idea

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2009 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Were_M_Eye wrote:

If some one fouls and bash alot, well that is the point with the box.

I thought the point of B was to try and make a real competitive enviroment. Not sure if we managed though Razz
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2009 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

So the argument go: Pickers play in R

Then I guess most people on fumbbl are pickers since most games are played in R

But I would like to see a B coach play in R with his elves that would keep on playing claw&razor&tackle teams all the time. But I guess it wont happen for those hardcore loving B coaches. Because B is the only division where pickers are not in.

So yeah I will keep on picking in R. But maybe the correct word is not picking, but choosing your matches? Just a thought for those B coaches that think that R is the picker division.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2009 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Being able to blacklist 1-3 coaches wouldnt be a bad thing. If you think you're going to be able to dodge all the fouling metagamers in the box by blacklisting three coaches... well.... Very Happy

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2009 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Ehlers wrote:

But I would like to see a B coach play in R with his elves that would keep on playing claw&razor&tackle teams all the time. But I guess it wont happen for those hardcore loving B coaches. Because B is the only division where pickers are not in.

So yeah I will keep on picking in R. But maybe the correct word is not picking, but choosing your matches? Just a thought for those B coaches that think that R is the picker division.

Bah Ehlers, most know that one can play different gamestyles in R. Most B coaches simply don't want to choose (pick is the same no?) game in R.

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2009 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

By the way, I am against a blacklist that would affect B games.

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2009 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
Ehlers wrote:

Bah Ehlers, most know that one can play different gamestyles in R. Most B coaches simply don't want to choose (pick is the same no?) game in R.

Well if thats so, then why do people keep saying that people in R pick?

And no picking and choosing is not that same, well atleast not for me.

Pick:
Is where you pick a weak oppounent and only take those games you will win

Choose:
Is more loose then picking. You can say that you can choose to take only easy matches. But I would say that when you choose, it is wheather or not you think the game is fair.

I am just tirred of the attitude of people who says that people in R only pick.

The reason I think why lots of people dont play in the Box is because of the current system it works under.
A few reason why I dont play in the box.
1: Cant play with the team I want to play with if I have more then 1 team.
2: multiplied same race games. (I got tired of getting only orcs in a few games)
3. How teams are matched. They are not always fair, which something you actually can archieve in R
4. If I need a recovery match for my team. I could end up playing against someone who just want to kill teams (I am not a pixel hugger. But not having the chance of getting a fair amount of recovery games (if needed) seems to me just not right)
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2009 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

you forgot:
5. no point in developing teams since 6. there are no tournaments and also not planned either (if then only TR capped)
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2009 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Were_M_Eye wrote:

um..no...

the "point" of the box was to create a competitive environment free of some of the flaws that ranked has...

of course hindsight being 20/20, with some of the attitudes and intentions of some coaches on fumbbl, it's impossible to create that environment...

Ehlers wrote:
But I would like to see a B coach play in R with his elves that would keep on playing claw&razor&tackle teams all the time.

true story...

if all of you B coaches are so high and mighty, then why not prove that you're such a hardcore coach, and play an open schedule in ranked?...it's actually quite easy to avoid the few coaches who look for unfair matches....

and if B is so "picker" free....then why did most of the original B coaches(myself included) quit playing in B when the 0RR+Leader exploit was running rampant?....

if i may present one example....oh, and the coaches words regarding said team is fairly accurate to the mentality of such coaches...

<lawman> the TS formuala got changed, so I don't play the norse there anymore as it has no personality, no fun for me

if i may present a translation to the comment -> "i couldn't exploit the system anymore, and i couldn't get anymore unfair matches, so i quit playing the team"....

but that translation is just speculation...

long story short...

the same out of "picking" goes on in B...it has just evolved into a system that is effective within the blackbox....so get off your high horses, people

SillySod wrote:
Being able to blacklist 1-3 coaches wouldnt be a bad thing. If you think you're going to be able to dodge all the fouling metagamers in the box by blacklisting three coaches... well.... Very Happy

well seeing as how there's only 4 or 5 blackbox coaches that play.... Wink

--j

ImageImage
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2009 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, there will be people that like the Box and there will be people that don't.

[R]anked is a great division and has some amazing tournaments, but I kind of got bored of the 'negotiation' that goes into every game, which become quite tough to get when your CR passes a point. With [B]lackbox I get a game straight away and it always seems to have that 'edge' that's missing outside of non-tourney [R] games.

There were some things that annoyed me, but the DP TS and the 0 RR reroll adjustments have been made. All I need is the ability to rest a team and maybe a Major and [B] will be almost perfect.

However, [B] was never really supposed to be for everyone, if people like [R] then great, if they prefer [B] then great. At the end of the day, [B] is as popular as [L] so it is a success. As for the number of active [B] coaches there are at least 20 most night, 8 players often get scheduled while 6 other games are in progress.

As for the subject of the post I think no-one should be able to avoid any games, for any reason.
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2009 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

odi wrote:
Were_M_Eye wrote:

I thought the point of B was to try and make a real competitive enviroment. Not sure if we managed though Razz

yep... i'd say the "lets cram it full of bashing and fouling" was more of a forseeable and inevitable consequence rather than a deliberate intention.

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2009 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

paulhicks wrote:

yep... i'd say the "lets cram it full of bashing and fouling" was more of a forseeable and inevitable consequence rather than a deliberate intention.

My teams seem to do okay, and they are all AV7 Wink
 Jump to: