34 coaches online • Server time: 10:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MaG

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2003 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi
I´m quite new here, hope I don´t screw it up Smile

I got one question, and I don´t know if its a bug or my fault in interpreting the rules.

Situation :
Two Ogers standing side by side, both "bonehead". Behind them a Halfling with the ball. My Elf runs around the Ogers, cause they dont have a tackle zone, I did not need to dodge. Then I tried to blitz the Halfling, but suddenly both Ogers could assist Exclamation Instead of STR 3 vs. STR 2, it was STR 3 against STR4 Shocked Very Happy
So both could assist, withouth having a TZ.

Now : Bug or not ? My point of view is, that you cant assist without a TZ. Then it would be a bug...but am I right ?

Can anybody solve this problem ? I played with Version 7.0a.

Thanx a lot, MaG
Mordachai

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2003 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

According to the rules assisting a block doesn't require a TZ. Cancelling opposing players assist does however.
I.E a player with no TZ can assist a block - a player can assist a block standing beside a player with no TZ.

It is actually very clearly written out on page 21 in LRB.

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2003 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, thank you.
Although it´s clear, it does not make sense to me why there is one special example of the quite difficult but very logical TZ-Rules, but I don´t want to start a discussion here Smile

Thanx again.
 Jump to: