17 coaches online • Server time: 03:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Exempt teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Naru1981

Post 9 Posted: Jul 01, 2009 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

i take on average around 3 mins a turn depending on the situation, Yet still some ppl ask me to play faster. I can understand if i was using the extra time alot but i rarely touch it.
Should i hurry as asked or just carry on playing as normal?

If i hurry im prone to make mistakes as trying to rush. Sad
Aecrylis

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2009 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

play as normal. If you rush things, you make mistakes you wouldn't normally make.

the turn limit is 4 min, people just have to accept that. You are within your right to do 3 min turns Smile
Bram

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2009 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

play as normal. If you rush things, you make mistakes you wouldn't normally make.

the turn limit is 4 min, people just have to accept that. You are within your right to do 3 min turns

What he said.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2009 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

bram wrote:
Quote:

the turn limit is 4 min, people just have to accept that. You are within your right to do 3 min turns

What he said.

absolutely

Very slow players often say it in their personal or team bios. But 3 minutes per turn isn't even particularly slow...
def909

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2009 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, for me I can sometimes get a little lost in my strategic thinking, especially after using certain herbal products so it´s ok if an opponents nicely asks me to play a bit faster (if it´s 3+ minutes every turn and no complicated situations). Some coaches play very fast and I can understand that they can get impatient. 3 minutes _do_ seem pretty normal to me though

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2009 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

4 minutes is when you have to calculate everything yourself. Here, the client is doing that for you, and 4 minutes should never be exceeded.
3 is fine.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2009 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

3 minutes is normal? Sorry, I can't agree with that.

An average turn should be around 90 seconds in my opinion, but I'm willing to fork out more for, say, OTT attempts.

I would appreciate if you added to the bio you are as slow as you say, since that would help me avoid you when making game offers.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2009 - 01:49 Reply with quote Back to top

there are some VERY slow players out there. I just wish they would avoid B - cos you can't avoid them. R is fine, as you can choose - if they alert you to it in their bios, as said above

the ones that really annoy me are the slow-java crew, who refuse to uninstall it!

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2009 - 10:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Angel that is quite rude sorry to say! You would appreciate if i added it? sorry but why should i? if i often go over 4 mins i could see how that is annoying but at only 3 mins a turn IF Its a tricky situation! I will never play a game if im in a rush! You have to remember not everyone can play as fast. I wont enjoy game if i have to rush every turn just to please the other coach.
You could always ask a coach when a game is offered if they play fast!

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2009 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:

the ones that really annoy me are the slow-java crew, who refuse to uninstall it!

QFT

FMSTAN wrote:
Angel that is quite rude sorry to say!

Which part of expressing his opinion in a civilized way was rude?

Last edited by Fela on %b %02, %2009 - %10:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2009 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

4 Minutes is the rule, so as long as you are under that, then you are fine.

I tend to take about 40 to 80 seconds for my turns, but my opponent can take as long as they like under the 4 minute rule.

The only time I make any comment is when a coach goes over 4 minutes a couple of times, when I ask if they can try and keep their turn within the 4 minute rule and even then I don't mind if they go a little over on a very tactical turn.

You could put something in your bio I guess, but since this is Blackbox, there seems little point.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2009 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

3 minutes is fine. Once you get more experienced you will play faster.

@WG|Dark_Angel: 90 seconds? That is slow man... will you please say that in your bio so I can avoid you?
koga49

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2009 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

i wouldn't have problem playing you if you took 3 mins a turn - when an oppenent gets the time out whistle a couple of times i will probably comment on them needing to speed up.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2009 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

It's easy to get impatient when playing, I prefer a fast game rather than a slow. But having experienced really slow TT games (my opponent using 10-15 minutes a turn), I've grown used to it. Anyway, play the speed you want to, and as long as you keep within the assigned 4 minutes, noone should have reason to complain.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2009 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm also not the quickest player, and I think it is really annoying when people ask me to hurry several times during a game. I almost only play private League games and R-tournament games, so it doesn't help much if I write in my bio that I'm a slow player.

If the R-tournaments are only supposed to be for very quick players, then set the time limit down. Otherwise please let me use the 3-4 minutes per turn that I'm allowed, and that I will need until I get more experienced.

I understand that some players want to play fast normal Ranked (not tournaments) games, but if it annoys you to play slow opponents then you could ask your opponent if he's fast before you set up the game.
 Jump to: