17 coaches online • Server time: 08:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2003 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Factions should be about the best coaches in the highest factions right? As it is now, people in general dont play nearly all there matches, and as a concequence who goes up and who goes down is diceded mostly by who play the most matches. I realy think that is a shame.

But maby there is just no room for coaches playing at a moderate rate in factions? I surely hope there is? Wink

ps. I would have moved down this round, even if I had only needed to play two matches to stay. And it is the first time I dont play 4+ games in a round. Even the first ones where u only needed to play two games.
Just pointing out, to Avoid things getting personal Very Happy
Beater

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2003 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like a higher amount of games with a longer time period, say min 8 / max 16. This would cure "gamepicking" strategies and at the same time give the seasons winner a longer time to gloat.
Daragor

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2003 - 03:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally think say about 10 per month. We don't have to all fill the top rank in 1 weekend and we can get some games out of the way with our other teams.
Christer

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2003 - 03:56
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
say min 8 / max 16

So, we double the round time to 4 weeks and have 8 games min.. Oh, wait.. That makes it the same rate as now with 4 games in 2 weeks.

Quote:
10 per month

This is roughly the same pace as we're running now.. Min 4 games per two weeks.. 4 weeks is slightly less than a month (usually), so we're still at the same 4 games per two weeks minimum.

Essentially, I'm fairly happy with the pace we're running at now. I've been more or less busy for the last two rounds but have still been able to get in my minimum of 4 games.

For now, I don't see any reason to change the pace of the games.
Mully

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2003 - 04:55 Reply with quote Back to top

The current min of 4 games per 2 weeks is a joke with the current system. Trying to schedule games against other time zones just isn't happening. I estimate 40-50% of the teams will get relegated this period due to not meeting the minimum requirements.

Well, that's a shame and not the sign of a system that works. "Then don't play factions", you say, "If you cant get the games in". Well I havent and I think alot of other people are feeling the same way. Good initial idea that still needs some adjustments to make it work.
Quote:

For now, I don't see any reason to change the pace of the games.

For such an intelligent guy (no sarcasm) , I'm not sure why this isn't obvious. I'd put up a poll to get a consensus but I hate polls.
Jugular

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2003 - 05:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I have found it pretty difficult fitting in four games this time round. Mainly cause I have only seen 4-5 coaches in my faction online regularly. Of those, two coaches have never replied to my offers for games or replied at all in anyway at any time. How about only teams with no games get immediately relegated those with only a couple of games played are unlikely to rise very high in the list either. Actually I dont really mind but i think the current system needs tweaking somehow (not sure there is a solution though tbh).
I have lost a little interest in factions mainly because my Star Rat Ogre was made pretty useless by the RR and I think i'll find it hard to get over the loss of this great player.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2003 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm people sound like they cant find opponents to play in factions.

this suggestion WILL be written off but ill say it anyway!
there could be 2 conferences... one for USA and one for europe. you could call it east and west if you like. would solve the problem of not enuff coaches being online at one particular time.
FLo711

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2003 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
there could be 2 conferences... one for USA and one for europe

What about those of use that dont live in europe of america? Wink

I must agree though that getting games is definetly a problem, I managed ot get 6 games in the last 2 weeks, but thats only cause i was online practically all of thetime, and hassled and faction 3a coaches that were online at the same time.

My suggestion is that coaches be allowed to play interfaction, ie. teasm in 2a can play those in 2b, 3a can play 3b & 3c & 3d etc..
This will expand the player base that you can potentially play and thus make it easier to play the required number of games.
m0nty

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2003 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I speak on behalf of many non-US and non-European coaches when I say FLo711's idea is a pretty good one.
DoubleSkulls

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2003 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I think there is a problem - I mean I played ~6 games in my conference last time round - and I think out of all of us only about 5 managed the 4 games. Maybe its a problem with the 3xxx factions. Qualifying is quite big so its easy to get a game and at 1 & 2 you probably have more dedicated coaches.

Something to either increase time per game or the pool of opponents is necessary IMO.

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2003 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer, as your penetrating gaze revealed, I'm pleased with the game frequency but would like to see more games per season.

I've been playing +25 - 50 STR games from the beginning and it's still hard to find games for a normal CD team.
Sutech

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2003 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

A problem I've encountered is that even though people in my faction are logged in on fumbbl.com, they don't show up on the IRC channel and don't reply to PM. There's seldom more than three personons on the channel (in any of the factions I've been in; q, 3c and 2b) even when almost half the faction is online according to fumbbl.com.

I think a solution that would benefit both faction games as well as other tournaments would be some sort of challenging system on the website.
Mully

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2003 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

People who are logged onto fumbbl.com may have the page up at work but are not avalable to play. Don't assume that because they are logged on that they are in a position to accept your challenge and play right away.

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2003 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

nono, of course I know that and don't expect anything else. And knowing that, I still think a challenging-system on the site would help a lot (or at least somewhat).
Mully

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2003 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

A challenging system would be interesting but would still not solve the main problem which is availability. I could accept your challenge and offer to play you any night at 9:00 PM (-5 GMT). But (if you are in the UK) unless you want to stay up to 2:00 am chance are we will never meet.

The issue isnt as bad for euro fools since I think most of the fumbbl players are around the 0 GMT time zones.

Jump to: