47 coaches online • Server time: 16:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
treborius

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2009 - 08:20 Reply with quote Back to top

hey, i've noticed that one of my skilled Orc-Linemen with Block and +MA has the exact same profile as a rookie Orc Blitzer.

The Lineman is valued 10.5 TS, whereas a Blitzer is valued 8 TS - does anybody know why that is?

i yet haven't fully digested the TS-formula(s) and there's surely room for improvement, but my understanding is that
every player should run through the TS-rating-algorithm the same way and 2 players with identical profiles
should thus come out with equal TS?

ideas? Confused
Soranar

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2009 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

not really

since orcs are supposed to only have 4 ma 6 players, if you forget gobbos, having a 5th one is more valuable than simply having another positional
treborius

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2009 - 09:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Soranar wrote:
not really

since orcs are supposed to only have 4 ma 6 players, if you forget gobbos, having a 5th one is more valuable than simply having another positional

i shoulda been more clear, i guess: i'm not concerned about whether or not that evaluation is justified or not (in the case of Orc-Linemen and Blitzers i'd probably be on your side, actually), but would just like to learn where (which TS-rule) it actually comes from, because with my current understanding of the rules i have no clue Wink

also, i've just stumbled upon this and am not sure, but i guess the principle applies to other races and positionals where it might not be justified?
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2009 - 09:15 Reply with quote Back to top

+MA is counted as a skill as well as a stats increase. That means the TS is increased by the base 2 and then even further for the increase in the stats grid. As +MA is a skill, the second skill also gets 0.5 more expensive - so block for the lino as second skill costs 2.5 while it costs only 2 (because it`s the first skill) on the blitzer.
treborius

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2009 - 09:19 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
+MA is counted as a skill as well as a stats increase. That means the TS is increased by the base 2 and then even further for the increase in the stats grid. As +MA is a skill, the second skill also gets 0.5 more expensive - so block for the lino as second skill costs 2.5 while it costs only 2 (because it`s the first skill) on the blitzer.

dang, i looked at the TS-rules again and i guess here it is:

Spikes, +MA, +ST and +AG have already been taken into account in the above tables, but still give the "default" 2+Cumulative addition to the player value.

...had overlooked that before Very Happy

thx, CL
 Jump to: