27 coaches online • Server time: 11:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2003 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone have any idea's on how to convert these players to function on javabowl with the current skills implemented. Some friends and I are starting a league of our own and want to try rosters with these players included.

Young Dragon 6/5/2/8 sure feet, *wings*, wild animal, non-ball handler

Harpy 6/4/2/7 claw, leap, *wings*, *uncontrollable*

*skills in need of conversion to fit java client*

Here's links that explains how these skills should work:

http://www.blood-bowl.net/GWTeams/DarkElves.html

http://www.blood-bowl.net/GWTeams/HighElf.html

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2003 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

You could possibly use Bonehead for the Uncontrollable trait. I would say ball and chain, but it wouldn't quite fit and I'm not sure if this would also cause her to have a penalty roll ither.

Wings is tough, I'd say think about substituting breaktackle and forget about the leaping. Doesn't seem much else to do here. Might as well take leap off of the Harpies skills also as it seems to be there to combine with wings anyway.

Hope this helps, anyone else have any ideas?
UberEvil

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2003 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

OFAB could substitute for... wuncontrollable... if there were any thralls around. Otherwise I'd go for Bonehead too. Wings... hmm.... pogostick?
GreenHulk

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2003 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I though about both OFAB and Pogo Stick, but OFAB would only require her to inj. her own players which wouldn't work, and doesn't having the pogostick cause a penalty roll? Is the penalty roll based on the weapon in the skill section or the players position? I'm guessing it's based on the skill/trait listing.
SamSagace

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2003 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Non ball handler can be taken with the no hands skills (look in the read me.txt for the correct spelling).

Don't forget you can roll dice with the client. Your "uncontrollable" could be used just like that except the part that he throw a block when entering an occupied square. The command is "/dice".

And for wings, just give any "wings" player +2 on AG and when he tries to do anything else than leaping, be sure to see what score he got on the dice and if he was supposed to fail, just make it fail by repeatedly retrying it. Example: If you try to doge and got 3 on your dice, just run around tackles zones until you failed. If you got the ball and wasn't supposed to, then pass the ball on the groung near you.

Of course, it's far from perfect and will sometimes don't make the exact result it should do, but i don't see any other mean to play it... other than changing these player's skills to make it fit with the client.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2003 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

SamSagace has some good suggestions, although I'd lean towards trying to adapt your players to vanilla LRB skills only.

Maybe say that BB players get their wings clipped before entering or something. Then give them Break Tackle to represent a short burst of flight for a single space. Either that or give them Pogo Stick and say that flight is illegal on the pitch (hence the penalty roll). Maybe a higher AG, leap and no-hands (do your harpys have arms or just wings and legs?). Higher AG flubs Hypnotic Gaze, but how often does that come up? How about a free Pro trait and a gentleman's agreement only to use it on leaps?

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2003 - 02:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Any other suggestions out there?

Jump to: