33 coaches online • Server time: 13:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2003 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking that one of the areas not fleshed out in stunty are the high AG teams. Yes, players mostly start with dodge and stunty, and Skinks are certainly very fast, but no one really plays the passing game in stunty on a regular basis - and certainly not with newer teams.

So, here is my preposal for another team that I think would be balanced and very different from other team types.

0-16 Pygmy Elves 5-2-4-5 Stunty, Frenzy, Right Stuff 50K Ag
0-2 Wood Elf Wanderers 7-3-4-6 70K Gen, Ag
60/120K RRs

Now, frenzy is normally a fairly valuable skill, at least once you get block. However, these guys can only get block (or tackle for that matter) on a double, making throwing blocks much more unpredictable, and they get frenzy *instead of* dodge to start with.

They also have no big guys, no secret weapons, no dauntless, and very low armor so they will have to play the traditional elven dodgey type game. Presumably the WEs will be used as passers since they don't have the stunty throwing penalty.

Thoughts?
AcheronStyx

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2003 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

the WE warderers ( wardancers? ) could have stunty still, the AG 4 would offset the stunty penalty nicely
other than that, i like the idea because they are suitably squishy as all elves are
elara

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2003 - 01:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Immediate thought is "this team is toast" Smile
av5 and no dodge will lead to a lot of casualties. (50% chance per block dice to knock over / 33% ignoring "both down").
frenzy will get you into a lot of trouble as you guess - especially with the amount of sidestep players in stunty.

another way to avoid the stunty throwing penalty is the strong arm trait (subtracts 1 range band which balances the add 1 for stunty).
extra arms gives +1 to catch rolls which is a way to give them a good passing game without the huge dodging benefits of AG4 + stunty across the board.

The wood elves are rather unfluff like for stunty

Try something like this maybe:
0-2 blitzer 6 2 4 5 stunty dodge leap frenzy 70k Ag
0-2 thrower 5 2 3 5 stunty dodge strong arm pass sure hands 60k Ag,Ps
0-4 catcher 5 1 3 5 stunty dodge extra arms catch pogo stick 60k Ag
0-16 lineman 5 2 3 5 stunty dodge strong arm extra arms 40k Ag
Grod

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2003 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Throw in some treemen or dauntless. With armour value 5, and no dodge, these guys are far bigger liabilities than even snottlings, and snottlings only cost 20k, have regen
and have thickskull, and dodge on 2+ just like the pygmies. The team appears a little weak. Still it seems an interesting new idea.

Also how about knocking down the wood elf wanderers to 6-2-4-6 and giving them poisoned daggers or something similar? The movement is a little too high with
ag 4 and strength 3 in the stunty league?

Just my thoughts.

Oscar Wilde
Kaz

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2003 - 02:07 Reply with quote Back to top

But there's a reason that there's no AG 4 in stunty, Stunty Leeg isn't about fancy Ball handling, it's about little people... being crushed.
Wombats

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2003 - 02:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea - Though with av5 you need at least two Treemen.

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2003 - 03:03 Reply with quote Back to top

more stunty teams! That's my battle cry.
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2003 - 08:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
the WE warderers ( wardancers? ) could have stunty still, the AG 4 would offset the stunty penalty nicely

The WE are intended to actually be WE linemen, who as wanderers/explorers brought the joys of bloodbowl to the savages. Seeing as they don't have anything in the way of fancy armor in the hinterlands though, I gave them -1 av.

Still, the advantages of a normal sized player on a stunty team shouldn't be discounted, no stunty injury penalty, no range increase on throwing, and very high ma (by stunty standards).

I envisioned this team playing offense with the WE lineman back with the ball while a horde of pygmies run to the end zone.

On defense, the pygmies will just avoid the other sides's BGs, and once they get 1 skill (dodge) be pretty much automatic in doing so and surround the ball carrier.

Quote:
Immediate thought is "this team is toast"
av5 and no dodge will lead to a lot of casualties. (50% chance per block dice to knock over / 33% ignoring "both down").
frenzy will get you into a lot of trouble as you guess - especially with the amount of sidestep players in stunty.

Like elves in general I intended this team to *not* be good at bashing.

After one skill these guys dodge on 35/36 though tacklezone.... They catch on 2+. It should be nigh on impossible to stop 11 of them from scoring, much like WE in open.

Maybe they would get squished too much - maybe they should be ma6, av6 or 40K, but I want to avoid overpowering them ala the WE they are modeled on.

Quote:
But there's a reason that there's no AG 4 in stunty, Stunty Leeg isn't about fancy Ball handling, it's about little people... being crushed.

All the current teams are either bashers or tweeners (by stunty standards). So, the point seems the opposite to me - why not add a flashy team to the mix? Aren't more choices better?

Quote:
I like the idea - Though with av5 you need at least two Treemen.

I think treeman would just make this team far too strong. With ag4 they will be easily the best scorers. That means they should clearly be the worst bashers too.
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2003 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe their is already a stunty team that is modeled after wood elves, fairys. Unfortunatley they have recently been weakened horribly by the rules review making hypno gaze useless. I think the answer is to go back to the drawing board with the fairy team and get them to where they are actually playable again, they were weak to begin with but now they are just awefull. Besides elves with frenzy? Doesn't seem right to me. Fairys make slightly more sense fluff wise than pygmy elves imo. Perhaps if you were to give the fairys someone with acess to passing skills to compensate for the loss of hypno gaze they would do a little better. It should be priority one to get the teams we already have in stunty to be more balanced after that adding more teams would be fun.

On a side note, what ever happened to fixing the skinks, if the fairys and the skinks were both balanced out with the field stunty would have plenty of ball handling teams in it for the moment without having to add more untested ones.

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2003 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea of a passing stunty team, but ag 4 is just out of the picture, the idea with strong arm is a good one, wonder if it combined with the dump of of the ratling team would be to powerfull, or to weak if one was to remove the ROs =). Its a good idea, it just needs to be expanded/incorperated.

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2003 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Towards the passing comments...

All the guys with chainsaws make wicked passers in stunty leeg. They don't have stunty skill so they can pass as a normal sized ag 3 player. Juts use one for ball handling and the other for shredding Smile