18 coaches online • Server time: 03:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2009 - 16:17
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Reisender wrote:

btw can you confirm that Fleetwood's Revenge I is already through in the finals? - There are still 3 days left if i got it right???

Yes, and yes.

As to the whys of this specific case, you have all the information i would like to divulge, as always we handle such things between those that have a direct involvement.

But Fleetwood's Revenge I have won Qualifier I

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2009 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

ok thats all i wanted to know

cheers
p4m

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2009 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Reisender wrote:

cheers

he doenst believe me *sniff*
Malmir

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2009 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Cribbleobblepie wrote:
WG|Dark_Angel wrote:
I am not amused...
Dropping stuff to meet another spot's TR requirement seems hardly reasonable to me... at least for my own team, that is.

To be honest, its what I expected all of us to do. That's why instead of dumping 70K after qualifying I bought 4 coaches and 3 cheerleaders. This was I know I'm safe getting rid of as much or as little as I need to move into a better 'slot'. Nothing in the rules saying you can't (PC - feel free to correct me), and in my opinion this isn't even that 'gamey'.

I don't understand what you gained in terms of tr by dumping cash for cheerleaders etc - don't they still count one towards tr?
p4m

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2009 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

yep - you shouled reread the procedure Smile
lower TR means higher chance you will be the one who is able to pick your favourite opponent...
WG|Dark_Angel

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2009 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

What Malmir asks is what you gain in terms of TR, since one CL = 1 TR and 10k gold = 1 TR. Incidentally, I'm wondering the same... but I filed it under "whatever" by now.
p4m

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2009 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

ah... *sorry* misunderstood...

the difference is: you arent able to apply with 70k cash but you are allowed to hire 7 CLs and drop them if you need/want to
WG|Dark_Angel

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2009 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, yeah... well, that's pretty obvious... I was thinking for a second it would be something more impressive.

@ Cribble
That isn't "gamey", that's just normal.

edit:
Oh, now I see how this whole thing was sparked. I didn't mean it like I wasn't aware I could hire the CL's, I meant it doesn't make sense for the teams further down to drop stuff to move up a spot since you probably get scheduled against the usual suspects anyway. It might be a noticeable difference if your spot is the third or the fourth, but at spot fourteen I'm really kinda indifferent to it.
Cribbleobblepie

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2009 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Glad everyone understands everyone else now. Yes, it means less to you as you are one of the top dogs. for me, it *may* mean the difference of one or two picks, but I'm waiting on other warm up games to see if it makes any difference at all!

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2009 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

p4m wrote:
Reisender wrote:

cheers

he doenst believe me *sniff*

i did not really understand what you were talking about...

however, how can i trust a man who can not count up to 14? (check your predictions, man) Very Happy
p4m

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2009 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Reisender wrote:

i did not really understand what you were talking about...

however, how can i trust a man who can not count up to 14? (check your predictions, man) Very Happy

allready wrote the "reasons" - recheck Razz

and i assume they will get at least 14 DEs in 2/3 games... which isnt that unlikely
Malmir

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2009 - 08:46 Reply with quote Back to top

If two teams have the same tr, how is it decided who picks first? Rules don't appear to say, although I was in a rush so may have missed it.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2009 - 09:01
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

In cases of Challengers with the same TR

If it doesnt self solve, IE neither team on the same TR is picked before it is their turn to pick, then Shadow46x2 will roll a D6 and 1-3, 4-6 decides whose list will be read first.

In cases of challengers not sending Challenge lists.

They will wait until someone picks them, if at the end we have teams left over unpicked, random rolls will be made.

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2009 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Well i dont expect to get the chance for a pick. I^m really sure to be picked before by a basher and i will prefer that!
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2009 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok here is my look into the crystal ball....

I was going with the set up as it is currently set. Obviously things can and probally will change before the actuall draw.

I made a few assumptions for the coaches on the match ups.

1)They would not want an even TR match...looking for that juicy 26+ tr range to get 2 handicaps.

2)They would look to choose an opponeet who favors their strengths.

3)That the elves would not be the ideal first match, because IMO the first game out of the Box the elves will be at full strength. And thus in a one and done scenario that is not ideal.

4)I also assumed coaches would conclude like me that the WhiteKillers and Fleetfoot are the front runners. So they would purposly avoid them even if it meant a little tougher road to make sure those two teams get matched up in the first round and knock one of them out, Hey that is what I would do. Get rid of the "big boys" early when you can control their destiny.

So that being said here are my picks/predictions.

Dark Hill Miners VS Reavers of Babylon

Short Wild Purple VS Por Tutais!!!

Empire Strikes Back Insanity VS Flachpfenins 4th try

Two Thunder VS Darkness Divine

Big Hats FTW VS Deaths Angels

Karond Kar Poetry VS Higgis Haubencenter

Jerusalem VS Falling Down

Whitekillers VS Fleetfoot Revenge.

Well those are my picks and lets see how close they are. The beauty of this is IF the first 3 picks dont go as I think then I will probally not get any of them right due to mathmatics.