44 coaches online • Server time: 08:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Animal2020

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2004 - 03:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Battle Bowl Update

Another country has surfaced to prove its power

Land Down Under

its leader is Fletch the coach of Love&War

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2004 - 04:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Fletch has brought it to my attention that the leaders role has not been clearly outlined. i thank him very much for that so i have put in what it is exactly the leader does. you will find it on the battle bowl page. if there is any other questions please feel free to ask . i dont want to leave anything out that is not clear

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2004 - 07:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Ho-kay time for the rules quetions/comments/etc.... I am well known for my long winded-ness, and attention to rule details...... So we will start with questions and clarifications....

Quote:
"the team will be a new team. i will accept any team. yes even ogre."

Quote:
"the general can be any player without neg trait. the commander can be any player."

All Ogre's have neg traits, so I assume there is an exception for BG teams.

Quote:
"all challangers must try and look for teams that are within a 20 point difference either way. in the case there is none then you must take on the strongest one to you."

Are you refering to TR or ST rating here? also, please clarify the second half of the rule. By strongest one to you... do you mean you must play the enemy with the closest rating to your own, but higher? This can lead to potential conflicts as well.

Quote:
"if your gen and your com are missing the next battle you still must accept any attacks brought to you. unless either another team mate or ally can stand in your place. "

If you accept an attack that is brought to you, are you considered to have played the match and then conceeded? Mainly the question is, will it cleary your MNG players. So you can play the next match... and if so, how do we inform fumbbl so the roster is updated properly.

Quote:
"if another team stands in the attacker must face this noew challanger or suffer the same as a refusal to battle."

Similar to the above question. If the Country leader substitutes another player for you, are your players still considered MNG? If so, this would reduce the usefulleness of sub'ing a player, unless it is specifically to prevent one country from receiveing points, and giving those same points to another country later. Ie... if there is no way of clearing the MNG's... there will at some point in time be an automatic lost game recorded.. so someone will definately be getting the points for it.

Quote:
"if you have the cash to replace a killed General at the end of a match then you can do so."

Several Questions:
1. Can this also be used to replace commanders?
2. Does the commander/general have to be the same player type that he is replacing?
3. Are there any other restrictions... ie.. they can only be replaced in the same game they were lost?

Last question:
When you discuss taking a country out, is this done by killing the com/gen of every team of that country? Or are there other provisions to winning a "War" that do not require the complete elimination of a country. ie.. negotioated surrender, etc....

OK.... enough questions, now for my humble suggestions Smile

::Diplomacy
We have the basics for it. In my previous post, I metioned negotiated surrender. Also should be rules in place for negotiated truces, peace treaties etc... What I am suggesting is the following.

We already have a point system in place, I assume the ultimate goal in this league is to be either the last country standing or the one with the most points. Last standing would NOT be easy Smile

I would like to suggest using the points for diplomacy as well. Have each country start with a certain number of points that they can spend for whatever is needed.

Things to spend points on...
1. Bribes... of course.
These can be transfrered directly to another country for whatever agreement the two countries wish to negotiate (peace treaties, allied attacks, non-aggression treaties, etc...) All treaties should be PUBLIC knowledge. for the following reason.

2. Breaking Treaties.
This could cost a small amount of points. They would not be transfered, just lost. This makes it possible to break treaties, but at a cost. So it would encourage more strategical desicions on the part of our Glorious Leaders.

2. Recruiting.
If you country is short a team or two, due to elimnations etc... you can recruit new coaches to your country by spending some points.

3. Rest and recuperation. (R&R)
Possibly your country can spend some points to allow one of thier teams to "Rest and Recuperate" This would clear up any MNG's they have. This would give the Leader the option of either spending some of thier own countrie's points to recover a team, or allowing that team to take a loss against another country. Thus denying that other country the opportunity to gain points.

4. Possibly we may want to charge a variable amount of points to declare war on a country that is smaller than your own. Smaller being defined in either points, or overall strength rating, or some kind of average. This would make "Bottom Feeding" less attractive for the already strong nations.

5. We could give bonus points for succesfully attacking a stronger nation as well.

All of these would allow the leaders to make some strategic decisions concerning the operation of thier country based on whether or not they are willing to spend some extra points... and must be balanced with the fact that the same points are required to ultimately win. Of course these suggestions are based on the assumption that the points gained that are listed on the chart are "country points" not "team points"

That's it for now ! Feel free to comment/flame/ignore, whatever Smile

-=+BlackBart+=-
Animal2020

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2004 - 08:42 Reply with quote Back to top

wonderful lets adress these shall we ok first

the ogre team is allowed goblins so if you are to play this team then you are willing to use a goblin as your general. i believe that evens out for the power of so many ogres. i just dont believe in the act of fairness that if i allow the ogre to to have a neg trait general then i have to allow all teams the same option. so to put it simple if you want to shear power of the ogres then you have to deal with one of the weakest generals on the field. i think it is a fair trade off and it is going to take a good coach to run them.

second ? i mean st only the 20 point diff is either over or under but as close as you can get it. and yes by strongest to you i mean the strongest one in the country that you are at war with. example if there is a st 110 team and a st 140 and you are say 150 then you are to attack the 140 team over the 110 unless of course you can not get ahold of the 140 team then that leaves the 110 team open for your attack so then you take them.

ok next ? if both you ranked players are takne out *mng* the victor chooses a memeber of his team that the looser has to has to auto conceed to so that is what i ment by the loosing team must accept the next attack brought to him. the way to dodge out of that is for another team to take the loosers place for that attack. this denys the victors team that free concced but of course that team is going to have to conceed to someone. so what do you think about this if the team that stepped in to take the loosers place if he wins then the loosing team can conceed to them kinda as a reward for putting himself in the line of fire. now if the team that stood in looses as well then the victor teams gets to choose who gets both concceds. the winning team could even take both of them.??
maybe by using this rule it will take care of your next Question.

next ? yes you can do this to replace commanders also and yes you have to be able to replace your general at the end of that match if you can not replace him then your team is out. i wil say yes at least the general has to be the same tyep of player that was killed. but the commander can be any player you can buy. since a missing commander does not keep you from being taken out of the battle

ok now to address your suggestions,

yes the goal was to take out each teams gen in a country, commanders do not matter you dont have to do anything with them

yes i do agree that your country leader can spend any points he earns for deplomancy

all of your suggestions sound pretty good and well thought out. my only one that i think that wont apply is number 3 since we have disccused what happens to a team that has mng leader players

oh and the points list i have in place is for countries not teams it is the teams who earn the points for their country.

oh one more thing i will also make a little clearer is that a team that has to conceed its next game. is that the team it conceeds to will get the points for a win.

oh and i didnt put in a point victory becuase i wanted it to be hard to take out a country. your goal to take out a country is to kill eight generals.

i love all the imput fellow teamsmates keep them coming . i think this is shaping up to be so much more then just a boring old tourney. this will be one you really have to think about before you make your moves.

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2004 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Battle Bowl Update

the Red Ribon Patrol has sworn its loyality to the Midwestern Terrorism

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2004 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Da Chumpgrinda's pledge to Midwestern terrorism
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2004 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh.. guess I have to copy my diplomacy-proposals to this thread... I´m joining in, btw...
Animal2020

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2004 - 06:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Battle Bowl update

Fungle Jungle coached by Glutton has sworn his team loyality to the Land Down Under

Welcome aboard logic glad you could make it today is the 3rd so i am asking for your help we still have alot of spots open. there is only one more day to sign up so we need to get as many teams in as we can. tomorrow i will finalize the rules and fill up country slots with teams who have not told me otherwise. so if you have any more rules suggestions now is the time or forever hold your peace.

logic do you wish to lead a country or join up with one????

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2004 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

It depends on how many countries we have and how many players each...
I should bring up one friend for sure and I will ask the other german coaches... but as we tried to mix up the time-zones in one country, so that most of the time, one member is present, I guess makin up another country with mainly german coaches to fill up the slots doesn´t make too much sense, does it?

Oh.. and go through the dip-suggestions at the war-thread again and think about the dip. I guess this will be an important thing for the whole league.
Animal2020

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2004 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

as of right now we have three countries thoundermountain islands with eight teams,,,, midwestern terrorism with seven teams. and Land down under with only two teams. today being the last day for sign ups. i have taken into account one of three possibilities. one i could extend the sign up time. this one i am not really favoring becuase i dont think it is far to keep the folks waiting who have signed up so far but i will if everyone agrees to this in order to get more teams signed up. second cutting down the number of teams in each country in order to make more countires. but in order for that to work then i will need some of the other team coachs to step up to be leaders. or third go with what countries we have even them out with teams and just allow others to join up as we go and when a country gets its eight coachs then toss them into the fray. so i want to hear everyones ideas on this

so calling all coaches of battle bowl ound off on what youthink the route i should take remember majority rules. so if you dont say then the ones who wil be the ones to decide.

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2004 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

oh and black bart is suspossed to redoing the rules set for me so that it will be easily more understandable. and he is including for the dep section the list that is posted here on how to conduct depolmacy. so if there is anything you wish to suggest we add to this or take from this then plase say so now so i can consider them and add them or not. because if black bart does not get to this tonight i am going to be going back over everything and set the rules as they are

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2004 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Battle Bowl Update

Oden's Revange coached by redwolf has sworn his teams loyality to the Thundermountain Islands

GO ISLANDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2004 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

BattleBowl Update

The team Violent Punks coached by Bardo has pledged loyality to the Midwestern Terrorism.

this gives the Terrorisms only one more slot to fill.

news update

Blackbart has informed me that he will have the rules updated on monday
so i will hold off and let him do his work.

so that all understand he is not changing any of the rules he is only updateing them to make them easier to read and understand.

so logic if you want to invite your other german teams to join up under your country then please do so that way i can use the few loose teams i have to fill in some blanks ok

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2004 - 05:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Battle Bowl Update

Chaozic Killers coached by Goldfish has sworn his loyality to the Midwestern terrorism. this has filled up all the slots for that Country.

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2004 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Battle Bowl Update

the team Rough Cut 1 coached by Moebious has pledged his teams loyality to Thundermountain Island

also the teams of Krakingets coached by KinkyWinky , Ariel Avengers coached by BigDogBill, Vanity Dancer coached by Satanboy have been drafted into the The Land Down Under.

thank you for your time coaches the battles will start tomorrow

Circlular untill i hear different from yo i have placed your team in the land down under . i am still looking for a couple of coaches to fill up the last couple of spots for that country.