40 coaches online • Server time: 10:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RubenG

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2003 - 02:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to see level 3 become the qualifying level where people can develop teams and get REGULAR games against equal str opponents.

Seems to me Level 3 is very hard to find opponents and then have a relatively even match. Personally I'd rather just drop back to qualifying so I could get some decent games.

I'd keep level 2 because it has a purpose and that is to ultimately get up to the top Level 1.
Jugular

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2003 - 04:25 Reply with quote Back to top

if we carry on in this direction RubenG we'll have another Open division........we have already merged 3 and 4 or however you want to describe it.
Rennigeb

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2003 - 06:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe a solution is to have the option to not move into level 3 when you can qualify. Voluntarily staying down to continue to build your team.
RIPNE1

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2003 - 06:46 Reply with quote Back to top

why don't we just merge all the divisions... so you can play anyone you want! that'd mak it a bit more... well... open...
AcheronStyx

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2003 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL....at one point there were 5 faction tiers....now with 3 + qualifying it is much better. Rennigeb has a great idea with the "opt out of advancement" but it would take too long for all of the coaches that qualify to say yes, or no, and therefore would cause a bottleneck at the beginning of each faction reset.
Faulcon

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2003 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I played one game last round in qualifying, and now my 108/104 lizards are spending a couple of weeks relaxing cause there is no way they're playing 200 str teams in level 3 Razz

That doesn't really worry me though cause I think the whole faction concept is flawed. If you want a tournament play a tournament, if you want open, play open, faction is the lost one in the middle trying to be both and succeeding at neither.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2003 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Faulcon, Factions is lost on me... My long suffering Dwarves have made 3b, yet can't get a match as I am in the Aussie timezone and whilst I know of one other Aussie, he and I have never been on simultaneously...

I say that the "Monthly Winner" and the overall champion in the Stats section should be given more praise and kudos... therefore, we can have the "Overall Best Open Team" and do away with Factions...

Perhaps if there was an annual championship based on Ranking (kicking off next week) we could have a 2004 Fumbbl Champion this time next year.

Now that would be impressive.
Mully

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2003 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

That doesn't really worry me though cause I think the whole faction concept is flawed. If you want a tournament play a tournament, if you want open, play open, faction is the lost one in the middle trying to be both and succeeding at neither.

Quote:

I agree with Faulcon, Factions is lost on me... My long suffering Dwarves have made 3b, yet can't get a match as I am in the Aussie timezone and whilst I know of one other Aussie, he and I have never been on simultaneously...

Well the anti faction masses are growing. How long before some long overdue improevements are actually made? Right now we might as well call factions "Open division with limited opportunities to play".

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2003 - 03:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully wrote:
How long before some long overdue improevements are actually made?

Lets go over that, shall we?.

For starters, It's the holiday season. We aren't paid to work on this site. Most people have other obligations this time of year that are more important than sorting out what changes might be needed to the faction system.

As for "long overdue", I should remind you that this is a free service run by people in their spare time. If you think you could do it better, faster, or whatever, you are more than welcome to set up your own site and do so.

The Finishing Touch
Mully

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2003 - 05:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Well Klipp I dont have the near the technical expertise to offer such a service as very few people do but I have offered (as well as some others) some suggestions for improvements and would be willing to outline them in some legible detailed form if wanted.

Quote:

If you think you could do it better, faster, or whatever, you are more than welcome to set up your own site and do so.

That's a BS response. I won't comment on it 'cause it would serve no purpose and only derail us from the original issue at hand.
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2003 - 07:04 Reply with quote Back to top

The issue is that *we don't have time* to be working on rewriting large sections of code to change this, even less so at this time of year.

My problem isn't that changes are being suggested, but that the tone seems to be that we are somehow slacking by not having already perfected this.

If people are going to do nothing but complain that a new feature has problems and that they aren't being fixed fast enough, we are just that much more likely to not bother creating a new feature at all next time.

If someone expects something done when they want it as opposed to when we can get around to it, then they should also expect to pay ~50$ an hour for the work instead of the current 0$.

The Finishing Touch
Mully

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2003 - 07:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Klipp - understood - Christmas makes me cranky - call me Mully Grinch

Thanks for all your hard work.

Jump to: