36 coaches online • Server time: 09:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Flynn

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2003 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I you or someone you know has turned down a game against an equal str stunty team in open or divx divisions, please post your name or theirs here so that those of us with stunty teams can save our time and not ask

Goodbye Cusi

Last edited by Flynn on %b %27, %2003 - %11:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
gorritakid

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2003 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Great, another witch hunt post.
banana_fish900

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2003 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Thrall, maybe people are reluctant to play you because you brag about the number of teams you've retired in your team bio. This is a rough game and people do lose players but people also invest time (precious for all I'm sure, including you) and may not want to see that go down the toilet to a team that (albeit by inference) is out to retire theirs.

Take this all with a grain of salt though, I'm a little put off by the Scrambled Eggs because my team shaft) played up 41 TR and 12 STR, with 11 players--had one KO due to a thrown rock off the bat, and in the first two blocks had a BH and SI--still managed to tie the game and keep you out of the end-zone (as long as I fielded more than 5) and were placed on your "wall of shame."
odi

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2003 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Ofcourse some teams are afraid of stunties, they are very dangerous Smile
But if you can't seem to get any games, I'm sure some khemri or CD teams are always available, and why should the teams be equal in str? If there are 2 teams, andd they are equal in str, I'd say the stunty team is propably stronger, because the gobbos or flings aren't really worth anything in the str calculations.

And yes, I do have two stunty teams in open.
AeoN2

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2003 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

and sometimes numbers don't exactly match up even teams either... my khemri has to play up for it to be even, and my dark elf team with only skills like diving tackle and stuff that helps against elves gets usually only offered games by (equal str) bashy teams... when 3/4th my skills won't come into play the equal strength teams aren't equal anymore...

oh and some of my elf teams have bad experiences with stunty teams, so still staying a bit clear of them often...
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2003 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty disrespectful post Thrall. Lets start a thread about coaches who turn down games versus 1 turners, or a post about coaches who turn down games with their Amazons versus dwarves and chaos dwarves. I expect a mod/op in the Irc to act a little better than publically shaming others.

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2003 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't understand why people are afraid of Witch hunting, if people walking around are no serious enough to play and face the consecuences of a game, we need to know them in order not to play with them, is annoying seeing how they shut off the game because they lost a player or the game, evade you from playing, only because they only lurk for easy games and don't want to face a serious one and such things.

Remember this is blood bowl, with some violence implicit in it.

Well done Thrall, i'm tired of playing against all type of teams and rattings and see how others only flourish with such tactics.
cataphract

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

consecuences

???

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

funny how i offered to play thrall's dark elves with my gobbs and he backed out...maybe he should put himself on the list Razz
Flynn

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

funny how i offered gken1 a game with my halflings vs his pro elves and he backed out then offered me a game against a team i havent played with in well over a month
a team i dont really play with anymore
he runs off to post here
im not afraid of stunty teams
normally i take any game i can get against stunties atleast close to each other in str
but i dont like those dark elves at the moment
they really pissed me off
so im not playing with them right now
but way to make yourself look foolish gken1
and to all you who dont like this post
i dont especially care
i posted it for a reason
and if you dont like it, then just avoid it

Goodbye Cusi
gken1

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 02:36 Reply with quote Back to top

funny how people respond when the shoes on the other foot Razz
cataphract

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 02:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

funny how people respond when the shoes on the other foot

well... thrall is now on my wall of shame... shame on you thrall... SHAME SHAME SHAME!!!!

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 02:51 Reply with quote Back to top

So it's okay to avoid this thread if we don't like it, but it's somehow not OK to avoid a game with your team if we don't like it?

Anyone look at the teams he brags of "retiring" on his wall of shame? All in their first game. I wonder, is it more shameful to retire after your first match in Open division, or to brag about retiring a Rookie team as your 10th and 11th matches?

Nice to know too that ties count as wins now, that will improve my coach rnaking I'm sure. Somehow I missed that change when the BBRC released the rule changes.

I won't even comment on the tastelessness of your comment about your match against the GLW.
Faulcon

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

You can add every one of my teams to your list right now because they're never going to play someone who shows such contempt for his opponents and this level of bad sportsmanship.
gken1

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 04:03 Reply with quote Back to top

oh by the way...i offered to play his halflings with my pro elves after he played my gobs with his d'e's...so i wasn't doding him either.
 Jump to: