28 coaches online • Server time: 09:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Flynn

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 06:32 Reply with quote Back to top

im extremly dissapointed with many of you
i started this forum mostly as a joke but when i saw how seriously so many of you took it and how you reacted i decided to back it up a little
as far as my comments about the GLW are concerned, i dont play stunty vs stunty in open because i find it boring except for the glw who the eggs have a huge rivalry with
we are bitter enemies and by winning the first meeting of the two teams we felt the need to trash talk
as far as the wall of shame is concerned in general
i feel that all halflings should talk trash all the time
its the only advantage they have
so my halflings talk as much trash as they can
call it unsportsmanlike if you want, but thats the way my hobbits will always be coached
my other teams are much more "sportsmanlike"
i understand that some of you were offended by this post
and thats fine
i found it funny
and still do
and thats all i have to say about it
if you dont think anything involving halflings is funny then you really take things too seriously

Goodbye Cusi
cataphract

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 07:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's more your call to publically parade people who don't want to play you that people find offensive.

And rightly so! No one wants to be singled out in a public forum for what someone else sees as ill behaviour.

It's an open league people are allowed to accept and refuse games at their leisure. If someone doesn't want to play you just deal with it. Don't try and ridicule them on a public forum. It's rude and childish.

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 07:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Someone has earned his spot on Wee Cheat!

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Insightful Free Albums For The Downloading

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 07:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent
my plan worked perfectly

Goodbye Cusi
Bloodcat

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 07:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I will play anyone with a similar TR to me. I dont care if its your Khemri vs my Amazons, or vice versa.

If the TR is close, I am in for the game. Even if I lose. Many people don't, which might just be how some people have their high coaching ratings. If you only play 'easy' games its harder to lose.

Some of us want to learn and get better at Blood Bowl. In the few short weeks I have been on Fumbbl my knowledge and understanding of Blood Bowl, its strategies, and how it is played has gone up tremendously.
Iodine

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 08:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Bloodbowl is a game. Games exist so we can have fun. Nothing else.

I don't care what team I play with or against, or what happens in a game, I play to have fun and I intend to. Hell, even when my team gets creamed I have fun and it is a rare occasion on which I do not enjoy a game.

Now, keep in mind that you can't play by yourself. Piss someone off, or make sure he doesn't enjoy his game, and he won't play you again - after all, what's the point of playing if he doesn't get any fun out of it? Piss off enough people and you won't be able to play anymore because no one will want to play you.

You can have some fun playing halflings, goblins and whatever you want. I've enjoyed running a halfling team in the olbbl a few years ago - I played 23 games with it, managed 6 wins, and got to tr 163. Was it competitive? Hell, with that winning record, not at all. But I had fun. Did my opponents enjoy playing against it? Well, unless something out of my control like the dice ruined their game, yes they did. I did not play to be a jerk, and when asked not to kill/foul I tried not to. It was like a RPG, where the sole goal was to enjoy seeing the halflings evolve into star players...

Is the sole purpose of this league that you get some fun? Are you the only one who should have that right? I don't think so. And as such, if someone thinks they won't enjoy playing you then they better not play you, because what's the point of playing if they won't enjoy it?

One last note, bragging is, in my book, a very bad show of sportsmanship and the quickest way to a 'no-fun' situation where one can end up on my black list. That and purposefully pissing me off. Don't be surprised people don't want to face you with your attitude. Hell, I've never played you and already I'm considering placing you on top of my list. You reek of elitism, of 'I am better than you all because I am op' syndrome. You sound like all those geeky teens who try so hard to sound and look though online because anyone could trash them in real life. Maybe you're not one of those, but you act like one. Get a life, learn about respect, and realise that you can't get anything in life without offering something else in exchange... You want some fun? Offer me some too...
Faulcon

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 08:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Posting a team who refused to play your halflings with an open team of equal strength, ok, that I can understand even if I wouldn't do it personally. Posting a team that played 40 tr/str up, took several casualties and still managed to hold out for a draw is completely different, as is retiring a new team (why would they continue with RIPs or SIs and no skills?). They didn't turn down the challenge, they may have played as well as could be done and just got shafted by the roll of the dice.

That is what I object to.
odi

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems Thralls flings have been elf hunting a bit... If there's no challange, play more against khemri, UD and CD's. But of course, it's an open division, so you don't have to.
Diarmuid

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Good stuff thrall, way to be with the trash talking with those flings. There worthless blood bowl players but you sure make em look fun. But I don't understand why you think players should be willing to play your flings if they are even STR. Compare the TR and you'll understand why they might be fearful. The only way a halfling team is going to get even with you in STR means that they probably have a much higher TR than the team they play. What would show true guts Thrall is if you played someone with the same TR and be at the disadvantage like the stupid critters are supposed to be. And for all you elf players who can't hack the flings attack...shame. Foul em. When one of those things hits the turf, foul em! Boosts your team cas rating and maybe you can work on retiring his team. With a few games like that Thrall would be hard pressed to keep em running. Happy games to come with those flings thrall, I'm sure.
Flynn

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

i play elves mostly because the str teams i offer games to turn me down
the elves arent as afraid of my diving tackle
and honestly diarmuid lately i have been offering games to higher and higher strs above me to try to get people to play me, but lots of people wont play down that much
one guy had a team 20 str abve me that wouldnt play me cuz he was so far above me and another team at my str that wouldnt play me cuz i was too strong
thats my real problem

Goodbye Cusi
Diarmuid

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems like your talking to the wrong people thrall. I got an idea for you, listening? How about you wait for deathgerbil, or perhaps wuhan and challenge them? I am sure that you won't be refused and you'll get your wish for a game, and the others here will get to see that team of yours suffer. Everyone is happy. Heck I have orc and chaos teams that would be willing to offer/accept a match if your willing. My khemri may be a rough match and my hummies really are too high up there, but its up to you. But I know what you mean, for all those coachs out there who refuse to play down when some OFFERS to play up, you suck. Were desperate for a game as you can obviously see and your strange sense of "honor" really isen't helping much. If everything in "sports" was meant to be equal then the bengals and lions would play each other 16 games in a row and the pittsburg penguins would never play at all. Now obviously I too have my limits to what I am willing to play up too, but if someone offers to play up to you?...
Flynn

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

many of them refuse to play down because they see my winning record and are afraid for their precious coach rating
and the bengals are 8-8 this year
hahaha
the lions and the CARDINALS would play each other 16 times a year

Goodbye Cusi
Diarmuid

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2003 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

The bengals finished 8-8? The wonders never cease. And no worries bout me backing down from a game because of my precious coach rating. Never did hold to stats much and besides when you've played a few games and your still average you just don't care anymore.
cusi

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2003 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Diarmuid'd

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2003 - 02:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you should get a badge attached to your team for each type of team it has played. and each player should get a badge for, each type of team, active teams that they have played. instead of chistizing coaches that cherry pick we should award players that face a variety of oppenents. just my humble opinion BLOOD BOWL there's BLOOD in it.
or how about an average str difference category under the coach bio area. Insert BCS style strength of schedule whatchamojuja
 Jump to: