79 coaches online • Server time: 22:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2004 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

neverborn wrote:
quick, while twahn is away, lets stage a mutiny!

Lets not and say we did
neverborn

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2004 - 09:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Michael_Warblade wrote:
neverborn wrote:
quick, while twahn is away, lets stage a mutiny!

Lets not and say we did
Lets and then throw you overboard.
Dark_Lord

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2004 - 07:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Michael Warblade, can we get our game done by Tuesday? seems like i've been missing you by a few minutes every day. I have the next two days off so let me know your availability.
Rennigeb

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2004 - 09:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Div 1 match

The Anvils season started with confusion in the dressing room, with Thorin stating rights to the first rune to be used by the team. Arguments were quickly silenced when the runesmith's assistant, who was trying to explain the abilities of the rune, recieved a permanent hair-parting by Thorin's great-axe.
Once the dwarves were on the field, and after a momentary oogle at the curves of the amazon's armour, they quickly started the business of war. On the far side of the field, the amazons trampled into the dwarven frontline, allowing the catcher into the midfield of the dwarven side of the field. While on the near side, a few zons opted to charge around the brick dwarven defense each eager to recieve a pass. Unfortunately this left an opening in the amazon front line, and a few dwarves raced in to harrass the ball carrier and her two guards. In a frenzy of grapple and groping the guards and then the thrower tasted dirt. The thrower tried in vain to reclaim the loose ball, while Bofur's attempt was more successful. Bofur was quickly pummeled by Heather, but the ball fell into Thorin's hands who was able to run it through for a score.
The game restarted again with the amazons using a wing approach against the wall of dwarves. This time their catcher was able to charge along the wing flanked by two guards, but the dwarves have played elves and skaven enough times to know to leave players deep in the back lines to thart speedy races (ok, all races are speedy in comparison). Star veteran Dwalin, with skilled guarding by Oin, sneaked around the guards and crushed into the catcher taking him off the ball and out of the game. The rest of the half involved a battle to keep the zons away from the loose ball.

The second half the dwarves reverted to the old tactic when winning, phalanx formation, slow march and bide for time. Surrounding the ball carrier with dwarves, they stepped toward the touchdown line, repelling the onslaught of amazon attacks. As the game neared time, the dwarves and advanced close enough to make a score attempt. Unfortunately Gimli failed a simple hand-off to Bofur of whom had an open run. In the seconds that remained, the amazons had no chance to get the ball for anything useful.

Scoreline Anvils 1 :Bring it Zon 0
neverborn

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2004 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

The stats are going well - all in a spreadsheet at the moment, but they are coming along nicely

So, now that i have some data to play with - what kind of stats do you guys think would be interesting and/or useful that you can get from the following columns that are held for each team and split by division

Corporate Fraud Chain Gang Comp TD Int Cas MVP SPPs PASS RUSH BLOCK FOUL

as far as stats go, atm i have:

Blocks per/cas 15
Pass yards per/td 0
Rush yards per/td 11

let me know!
Rennigeb

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2004 - 03:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love to see stats for each player in this category

blocks: attacking (KD opponent, Push, Failed ie opponent blocked or player down) defense (KD opponent, Push or used block, Failed ie KD )
the total will show the players true value on the field when it comes to blocking
vigil

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2004 - 05:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to see kill markers. As in most CAS resulting in a kill that was not apoth'd or regen'd. Just to see who the real murderers are.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2004 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

REMINDER FOR ALL DIVISIONAL COACHES

Rnd 1 matches are due to be finished by tomorrow 7/1/04...

Please PM me with a date if going over otherwise the Axe of Forfeit will be randomly done...
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2004 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Re outstanding matches... I have heard from everyone except Davosaurus and/or Jaguar... all matches except theirs will be completed by Thursday evening...

Davo/Jag - if you haven't played by Thursday evening, I'll be forced to bump the match...

Cataphract - can we play our Rnd 2 afterwards on Thursday night?

Clay
neverborn

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2004 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Still no response from the guys who havn't played yet?

There are still 3 games unaccounted for!
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2004 - 04:05 Reply with quote Back to top

N'born,

All but Davo/Jag have PM'ed me with game times... (see above)

I am expecting them to be completed tonight...

My own game is one of the ones outstanding and I am having RL difficulties and am trying to get Pharoah tomorrow morning...

Essentially by lunchtime tomorrow, the games will be conceded if they haven't been played...
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2004 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

It is sad, but I have had to concede three games this round... including my own!

pharaoh and I just could not get it together so instead of holding up Div 1, I bumped the match along...

Whilst m0nty seemed confident of playing his match, his opponent tweakfu hasn't been online for 13 days... I presume on Xmas holidays or something....

And finally, Davosaurus and JaGuar_5 haven't been on for 2 and 10 days respectively and neither had contacted me...

So Rnd 2 is clear to go... We should be mindful that the weekly deadline is every Wednesday and therefore can I ask that all Rnd 2 games be played by Wednesday, 14 January.

We need to be tight to these weekly deadlines as we have to be mindful that there are a number of QPool coaches who have completed or close to completed their 5 matches and are already keen for Season 3! If we allow too much leeway on the Divisional timetables, then these guys will be left high and dry for too long...

Clay
poodle-man

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 08:18 Reply with quote Back to top

heya folks... it looks like the season has started already, much bummed. I would love to play in an antipodean time framed tourney, is it too late? Could one of the organisers pm if you want a extra slot filled?
Either way, good luck folks.

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2004 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Good mr pharoah is never in chat. He has forfeited his last 2 matches and by the looks of things (seeing the dissapointment on my little brothers face every time he logs into chat) he will probably forfiet the next one!!

I vote it's time for relegation!!! we shouldn't be aving no shows in div 1 when there are a tonne of people eager to play~!

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2004 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah i was on holidays for 2 weeks. i mentioned it in teh previous oceania thread. oh well im back now.
 Jump to: