24 coaches online • Server time: 09:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Twahn

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2004 - 04:58 Reply with quote Back to top

...And I'm back too. Good job with the commishing stuff, Clay. Thanks mate. Now... GIVE... ME... <grunt> BACK... MY... ... LEAGUE! <wrench>
Phew.

Now...

Bloody forfeits again is it? Well... same old story then...

Let it be known...

Any team deemed the losing team in two forfeits this season will be relegated to the Qualifying Pool! This will happen either at the end of the season or else immediately, depending on the situation.

Late games are fine, but must be communicated to the SWL community. This is best done using this here Forum but can also be achieved by PMing myself. Unheralded lateness is not acceptable.

Let's get it together shall we..? Smile

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
Christer

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2004 - 14:16
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Twahn has been set as the new league owner.
Twahn

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2004 - 03:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Christer. Wink

In League News...

Jag has been forced to Retire his Foo Fighters from Div 2 due to an increase in Real Life activity. All games will be walkovers resulting in 14 points for his opponents.

Sandune has also retired his Chaos team from the Qualifiers, leaving us with a grand total of 0 Chaos Teams left in the Comp! Maybe I'll have to make one myself...
JoeKano has been promoted from the Waiting list as a consequence, to fill Sandune's spot. Everyone be sure and give him a warm welcome! Smile

Others on the waiting list will be given an opportunity shortly, as teams in the Qualifiers that are still to play a game may soon be removed.

Twahn

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2004 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

The Southern Waste League now has a Website!!

Y'all check it out...

http://members.iinet.net.au/~wtegg/twahnlow.html

Twahn

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2004 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

At pharaoh's request, ClayInfinity has been awarded the win for their First Round forfeit. Thanks pharaoh, very noble. Smile

Everyone be mindful of tomorrow's Round 2 Deadline...
That's right, I'm talking to you guys in Div 2. What's the story? Got no games played, got no posts posted, got no messages to me, got nothin'!
If I've still got nothin' by Thursday morning, forfeits will occur. Be warned. It'd be a shame...

Also, Qualifiers... we got 4 teams there with no games played. Unless they get cracking, they'll be replaced as Round 3 starts. First two spots will be given to the chaps on the Waiting List. There could be more up for grabs though, so if anyone with a Divisional Team or else any random Oceanian type who stumbles upon this post wants to enter the Pool, now's your chance. Make a team and apply (being mindful of our new team policy).

Play Bowl! Wink

whitey

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2004 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Twahn, I saw i opened up the web page, and saw my blitzer was winning the "Golden Boot" award, and i was thinking i don't foul with my blitzers. Then I realised he was just running the ball. But to me the Golden Boot sounds like a rather dubious award for the player with the most fouls, which we can track and have no award for.
Twahn

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2004 - 06:21 Reply with quote Back to top

We can replace the Boot award for Rushing with a Slipper and give the Boot to the Fouls... how's that sound?

So Golden Slipper for Rushing, and Golden Boot for Fouling? Consider it done! Neverborn... you know what to do! Wink

vigil

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2004 - 06:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Is rushing and fouling and blocking and passing really something that merits an award? I mean there's no 'effort' per se - at least no need for a succesful die roll to up your chances. Surely we want to award the best passes, the best blocks, not just the number of them?
neverborn

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2004 - 07:12 Reply with quote Back to top

we can give awards to everyone, they are just for fluff, and i think the stats will also be interesting

the passing award, as in yardage is also more interesting i think - i think someone who passes for 16 yards is a better passer than someone who makes 3x 1 yard passes. So they are all interesting in their own way.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2004 - 07:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Are we tracking the "yardage" gained passing and running ala American NFL style??
neverborn

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2004 - 07:25 Reply with quote Back to top

yes we are clay, thats why i need the results file, cause those arent displayed on the website, but they are displayed after the game, as you know
Twahn

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2004 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it looks like PLATYPUS and myself are set to miss the Round 2 Deadline (which is tonight).

We've actually already played our game (an arduous affair as PLAT has a poor connection going in Germany, where he's holidaying) but it can't be accepted by FUMBBL because of a 'version mismatch' (we began using 7.1, saved, and then finished it later using 7.1a).

I should have known this'd cause problems but am too stupid. Anyway, we'll be endeavouring to get it played (again) ASAP, just as soon as we can hook up a time (hopefully tonight).

Just letting y'all know...

For those of you who are looking at forfeiting your Round 2 matches in the next few hours, this is how it's done.
If you let us know what's happening, we can cut a little slack.
If nothing is communicated, games will merely be forfeited (bad for everyone, so please speak up).

This also seems an opportune time to remind everyone that any team suffering two lost forfeits during a season will be relegated to the Qualifying Pool next season.

PLATYPUS

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2004 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

as you can read on the front page Christer had and still has some problems with fumbbl.com
Since one week it is nearly impossible to connect to fumbbl.com. It is quite hard to check pm or enter the forum. I do not even try to connect to the chat because it takes many many tries and doesn't in the end anyway.
If someone wants to contact me, try it over ICQ 234703664 or email: platypus_vgruen@yahoo.de

Is this only a problem of some users in Europe or does it affect you as well?

From Jan 21st till Jan 31st I am on my way to New Zealand and not able to play bloodbowl. After my return I shouldn't have any problems (no time shift and a awesome connection) to play many many games Smile

Cheers,

PLATYPUS

Last edited by PLATYPUS on %b %03, %2004 - %07:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2004 - 02:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the site is working! It's the first time since mid-last week that I can access the site and forums!

I think Twahn, we should cut a little slack - but not much - due to the site issues...

And Neverborn - did you get the file from my Rnd 3 match? I was in LA when we played and I asked Rennigeb to send it through.
cataphract

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2004 - 02:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Vigil, Neverborn, RIPNE1 and myself will be playing in cancon (in the blood bowl competition) this weekend, so we will all be back in sydney next tuesday night. sooo... we shan't be able to play any scheduled games till then!

so don't forfeit nothing for any of us...

and wish us all luck