19 coaches online • Server time: 05:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
peikko

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2003 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Could there be more stricts rules on public player picture folders? Anyoen that modifies their teams prolly knows why Im suggesting this but for those who dont lets show example:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=gallery&race=19&player=534121&position=2630 Nurggle Rotters beastman public folder.

What we have is:
7 pics of after shave lotion bottles (!!!)
9 pics of different kid of fish
5 pics of Arnold Swarzenegger movie posters
9 pics of Shadowforge bunny gridion team

Including couple oversized pics that you cant even use as team player pic.

This is just example, and not even very big one cause Nurggles Rotters aint most used races.

What we need is more strict approval rules to public folders, people can still use their personal picture folders for all those funny ove-time-used pictures. And we need someone to take cruel look to these public folders with access to delete these unwanted pics.
Jugular

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2003 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

One of them is a Wing Chun wooden dummy though. More of this please Very HappyVery Happy

But seriously my god that must be taking up so much space. It such a shame that arnie factors so heavily in it also. I thought this was a site for BB!! I must say i am quite shocked. I can almost imagine people using this site for hosting their holiday pics if that many are allowed.
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2003 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I played against those fish Wink
Tbh i dont come across many teams that have changed the player portraits.
Some are pretty pointless , but less face it are they doing any real harm,xcept the space issue.

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

sometimes it does become tiresome waiting for the pics page to load knowing that your pics are somewhere on the bottom... and I have broadband...

I agree the public board should contain pictures the general public might want to use... a page full of oversized pictures of wrestling characters is a bit... well I'm sure there's a word for it...

I admit though I'm probably the worst culprit... My ninja turtles and he-man pics probably won't get much use by others. Admitedly, I didn't know there was a private picture place... perhaps it would be best if the site made it more clear that this was the case

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 02:05 Reply with quote Back to top

cataphract wrote:
sometimes it does become tiresome waiting for the pics page to load knowing that your pics are somewhere on the bottom... and I have broadband...

Isn't there an option on the client to not d/l the opponnent's pics?
MixX

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 02:09 Reply with quote Back to top

in the client, yeah, but not on the site...
Christer

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2003 - 02:11
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:

What we need is more strict approval rules to public folders, people can still use their personal picture folders for all those funny ove-time-used pictures. And we need someone to take cruel look to these public folders with access to delete these unwanted pics.

You volunteering? Smile

-- Christer
peikko

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 08:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Public picture folders are now all gone through and lot of wrong kind of pictures are now deleted from it. From now on if youre uploading picture to public folder it should now be anything else than picture of blood bowl player of that position and it should be sized to be used on jbb.

If you want to use some more custom pics for your players upload them into your personal folder.
poi66

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I use many theme based teams like a team of comic super heroes or a team of female rock singers. And I love my teams and every single player of it (ok, maybe I hate that amazon thrower bitch), and so I used to give them my one pictures. If I have a wardancer called Bruce Wayne I don´t want to have a picture of a wardancer...

I didn´t know there is a personal folder, so I uploaded all in the public folder. This was a lot of work... (-;

Before I start this again in the personal folder - is there a limit of upload? I don´t want to upload family portraits - every pic I upload is a pic for a player that I love to use...
peikko

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 09:01 Reply with quote Back to top

poi66 wrote:

I didn´t know there is a personal folder, so I uploaded all in the public folder. This was a lot of work... (-;

When you click "change image" you go to public folder, on its left upper corner you can find "(Back to Player) (Personal Gallery) :: Public -> Skink -> Adept of Sotek" for example. From this you just click personal folder and youre there.

I dont know whats the limit of personal folder but I tend to have prolly about 100 pics there myself Smile

And having personal pics on your team is superb imho, gives some personality.
cataphract

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2004 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

ok... I had artwork of orcs uploaded (most of them from warcry cards or GW box art) half of them got deleted and the other half didnt what's the deal wit dat?

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2004 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

cataphract wrote:
ok... I had artwork of orcs uploaded (most of them from warcry cards or GW box art) half of them got deleted and the other half didnt what's the deal wit dat?

Deal of personal judgement, somewhere is the line and seems like it was in the middle of those.
Delta

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2004 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

How about changing the Change Image link on the Player ID page to redirect you to your personal gallery rather than the public gallery?

I only mention it because I have just uploaded my K1 Legends pictures once more, and found it a bit frustrating to have to select personal gallery each time.

On a similar theme, I posted this thread about player bio's.

I'm assuming that most people when they customise their team, will be using their own custom images which probably don't comply with the Public Gallery guidelines.

Of course, if it's not possible, or not worth the hassle then I guess I'll just have to suffer!!

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2004 - 01:52
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Delta wrote:
How about changing the Change Image link on the Player ID page to redirect you to your personal gallery rather than the public gallery?

Done.. However, Now I suppose alot of people will start screaming about how it's a pain selecting the public images.. Wink
knegarpetter

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2004 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

where is the private picture place???

Can i just have 10k pics there 2??

P
 Jump to: