55 coaches online • Server time: 17:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LurkingGrue

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2004 - 07:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Evil Kings of the Dark Tomb 1 - 0 Dark Flames of Hashut

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=211350

Could these team names be any longer?!?

A disappointing start to the Flames' quest to enslave the world, the bashfest drug into overtime (first ot match of the league!) where the Khemri finally managed to overcome their legendary inability to handle the ball and scored.

We did manage to keep from getting beat up too badly by the Khemri mummies (and even SI'd one -- you're welcome Shaq) only to have our rookie Troll Ghanai'm hit by a rock resulting in a serious (niggling) injury which the big dummy forgot to regenerate from....

Last edited by LurkingGrue on %b %07, %2004 - %07:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
LurkingGrue

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2004 - 07:05 Reply with quote Back to top

BTW, if your match goes into overtime please let me know so that I can assign the proper league points.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2004 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Must we play all our games with overtime??
If we have to, then we cant have a draw. Then way Dark Vapor 2 - 2 New Orleans Sinners have played a draw??
LurkingGrue

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2004 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, you can. If you're still tied after eight rounds of overtime then the game ends in a tie.

However, the NO Sinners and Dark Vapor aren't Saints and Sinners teams (hence Barash's comments about being drunk and Mully's about being confused. And my own about relevance for that matter...) so they aren't beholden to our rules anyway.

And yes, all of our league games will use overtime.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2004 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I've got most of the content I intended up on the website now (http://www.recursive-gnome.net/BloodBowl/index.php).

All members please at least take a look at the Rules section and especially note the sections I've added on playing extra-league games and the additional penalties to be imposed for missing games.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2004 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a couple hours early by server-time but I'm going to go ahead and set up the round 2 games.

We still have one game left to play in round 1, but we also have a good excuse so I'm going to give Filov and Jugular three more days to get their game played. This means that their second round games cannot be played yet and so will not be set up until after round 1 is fully completed.

The deadline for playing round 2 games is Jan 25.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2004 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

welp it is about time!!! you know how hard it is to keep Zombies fresh enough to play???

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2004 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like we have our first (and hopefully last) drop-out in Calvin and the Detroit Bashers. I will try to replace him as quickly as possible but it means that I'm going to have to hold off scheduling another pair of games until I do, as each block has to have four teams in it.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2004 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Lurking - Since our leagues are bonded by blood how bout I send an invite to the MLB teams asking if anyone wants to take Calvin's place. I'll just need to know which region you need to fill. Maybe if you pump up the MLB here we can make it a feeding ground/replacement league for both our leagues.

Mully

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2004 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Day 2:

Smelly dwarves didn't show. Must have heard about Buns of Steel.

Yep, still the prettiest.
LurkingGrue

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2004 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like we're back in business.

I'll give Filov and Jugular through this weekend to get their first round game done and set the deadline for the second round to Feb 2.

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2004 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

The Villanous Sinners win yet again, this time barely pulling a victory, with a last second bout of bad luck for the Dead Madness...

Z
Mully

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2004 - 05:06 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Christian Warriors 1-0 Itza Cuaqconqua</b>

Well the good Christians went to visit the natives of Cuaq Island. Don't know who the heck sent us here but these creatures couldn't even read. In fact all the little sh-ts wanted to do was run off with our beads. So we did the next best thing and beat the lizards over their heads with our bibles till they found Jesus. The Saints hit a litle too hard though as we managed to SI 3 of them.

Oh .... the game. Well the lizards rioted to start the game. So 0-0 at half and both teams down to 9 players. After the bible beatings the Christians managed a turn 6 TD and withstood one final dash by the last standing skink ...... he tripped .... game over.

Christianity prevails once again.

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2004 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

As the deadline I set has passed without word from the involved coaches, the Bloodletters/Johnny Be Good game from round 1 has been settled randomly with Johnny Be Good receiving the win.

All round two games are now available to play. Thanks for your patience and sorry for the delay.

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2004 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome Bloodbowl Fans! Todays Match up is the Villanous Sinners Hosting The Dead Madness. a battle of the graves.

I am your host Fred and this is my esteamed colleauge Sam.

Good Afternoon.

So Sam what do you think of todays matchup?

Well i got to tell ya i think this is going to be nothing more then a good old fashion slug feast. neither team is known for any real type of speed. so i am looking for just alot of hard nose ground pushing.

yes i Agree Sam. so do you have any predictions for the outcome?

i think in terms of strenght then it has to go to the Madness. Number 1 Power and Number 2 Intimadater are a pair of powerhouse mummies. they will be facing a Sinners team with no such equal. so they should be able to completly control the line, allowing them to open up holes for number 13 Nighmare to run thru.

but the Sinners are not without a very powerful offencive weapon in number3 Sergeant Barich. if the Madness cant control him then it is going to be a very long ride home tonight.

and lets not forget number 1 Commander Igar and number 2 Colonel Dyer. the Sinners wights have been very effective at stopping the run Sam.

yes Fred but the Madness also have number 3 Terror and number 4 Darkness who are very tough in the backfield as well. i think the key to this game will be if Madness Ghouls are enough to stop Sinners werewolf.

we are about to find out as the teams take to the pitch.

each team is comeing into this game at oppposite ends of the Rainbow so to speak. the Sinners are coming off an impressive win over the Saints Disenses. but Dead Madness took a hard losss agianst Slaves Uprising a game everyone thought they should have won easy.

The team captains are coming over to head ref Thaine TwoFingers. lets listen

Visiting team call it in the air.

Madness calls heads..

heads it is do you wish to kickoff or recieve?

we will recieve.

So the Madness wins the toss. the teams line up

the kick.

Madness goes to work. #1 Power Slamms #9 Sargeant Tarl into the dirt. he is very slow to get up.

#13 Nightmare gets the ball.

that is the line control i am talking about Fred. see how Nightmare is following his blockers as they are pushing the sinners back.

#5 Corporal Oberk hits #12 Decayed

that was some hit Decayed seems to be stunned.

The sinners Backfield are reacting to the lines shift. they are trying to fill up the hole.

#number13 Nightmare sees it and cuts back the other way. #11 blind Hits #7 Sergeant Irol. he goes down hard.

#2 Colonal Dyer blitzes 13 Nightmare. Ohh and Nightmare is ko'ed.

with hitting like that The Sinners dont need power.

the ball comes loose and bounces into the hands of #4 Coporal Avarik

Amazing that A Zombie actually running with the ball.

he is to slow there is no way he will make it.

#5 Screamer heads him off. #7 Rot Blitzes Avrik the ball is knocked loose.

#3 Terror bashes #6 Sergeant Elsek

that Zombie is seeing stars after that hit.

#2 Intimadator sees his chance.

ohh what a hit on #1 Commander Igar he has been knocked cold by the behemonth.

#1 power picks up #10 Sergeant Wollen and piles drive him to the field.

#5 Screamer makes a dash for the ball. but #3 Sergeant Barich plows into him face first into the dirt. he scoops up the ball.

he is open!!!

TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the Sinners strike first.

the madness got their ghouls hung up in the line. there is no way that just one ghoul is going to stop old #3

and now a word from our sponcers

ever have one of those days.

*orc sitting on a table with his inards hanging out*

well no more will the hanging out of your intestines keep you from finishing the game.. now there is OrcAids. these extra large peel and stick pads will hold you together long enough to get one more td.

and now we have imporved them.

they come in the new green flesh tone. now you can fool other orcs into thinking you are not a complete puss. it even comes with a nasty smell. you will be the pride of your team.

just send 50 gold coins to back hole in the woods. care of Orcaids.

you will be glad you did.