26 coaches online • Server time: 01:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mully

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 05:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Although fun in theory I've seen the use of bounties piss people off and create hard feelings as inevitably someone feels like they are getting picked on. It may also promote the kill 1st win 2nd atmosphere.

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 06:25 Reply with quote Back to top

i tend to agree with mully. even though i am all for killing and maming. but it kinda takes away from the whole good vs evil thing ya got going here. cause lord know no good team would sink to putting a bounty on players. unless of course they are not all that good after all?????

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 07:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I dislike it for the same reasons, it detracts the fun. Though it may be fluffy, maybe just defeating the team instead of killing it?

Z
BudsBalkan

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

My Raging Rats unleashed they rage on the Disciples of Anarchay (Nurgles, LtMonkey1982) with an impressive 3-0. Cas: 2-1.
who will come next?
LurkingGrue

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2004 - 07:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Dark Flames of Hashut 1 - 0 Dead Madness

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=230415

The Dark Flames' first victory, and their first game not to go into overtime!

The Dark Flames started this battle for the cellar of the Sinners' Conference a man down and having to field more Hobgoblins than they would have liked just to put bodies on the pitch. Fortunately, our niggling Troll, Ghanai'm, was able to show up for the game both from a manpower perspective and because he made one of the key plays of the game in his first turn, sending Dead Madness Mummy Intimidator into the BH box and doing much to equalize the playing field. The remainder of the half saw the Dark Flames slowly grinding down the pitch, having the ball knocked loose from the carrier numerous times but one Hobgob or another always managing to recover control and continue until Naqash finally managed to cross the goal line in the closing minutes of the first half. The Dwarves' toughness saw them in good stead, they took their beatings and gave back as good as they got, sending a zombie into the BH box and a number of players into the KO (including a Wight who knocked himself out on a Hobgoblin by rolling two sets of double skulls....)

The start of the second half looked like Dead Madness was going to even up the score pretty quickly. Their remaining Mummy bashed a hole in the Flames' defensive line allowing a Ghoul (who'd received the ball on a touchback) and a number of defenders to pour through the opening. The Flames did their best to recover and managed to put a number of defenders around the ball carrier, but ultimately it was the Ghoul tripping over his own feet as he tried to squeeze out an extra bit of speed to reach the endzone that prevented the tie. From this point the Flames mainly concentrated on preventing the Dead Madness from recovering the ball and continued their aggressive game, sending a few more players to the KO box. As in the first half, the ball changed hands several times but the Flames managed to remove most of the Undeads' ball handlers from the field (including pushing one Ghoul out of the endzone) and block the progress of those who did manage to get hold of the ball. The half ended with the ball essentially where it stayed for most of the game, a few squares away from the Flames' endzone.

All in all a very challenging and entertaining game, with numerous tense moments. Thanks for a good match Animal2020!

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2004 - 03:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome Fans!!! this is Fred the Voice of Dead Madness coming to you live from Hashut Stadium.

with me tonight if of course Sam

G'day mates!!

*funny look* umm ya ok well anyway Todays Game is Dark Flames Of Hashut Vs Dead Madness

It has been a hard road for the Madness Three weeks into the season.

so far they are 0and 2 and both those losses come against teams that they should have won easily.

So what do you think is the main factor for this Sam?

Well fred it seems to fall on the shoulders of the teams ball handlers. #5 Screamer,#13 Nightmare and #6 Banshee who by the way is missing todays game fron an injury last week. those three have just got to do a much better job at controlling the ball and staying on their feet. if they can do that itfrees up the wights #3 terror and #4 Darkness to pick blocks and bust open holes. but the last couple of games they have not been able to do that because of having to take up the slack of such poor play from the teams Ghouls.

I agree completely sam. but to the Madness's strenght their line is as strong as any i have seen so far.

now the Flames have had their share of losses as well Fred. and last week #1 Sa'adah Muhyi-al-din and #4 Dajamel Ata'-al-Rahman were taken out of that game on Gurneys. both of them will be missing todays Macthup as well.

so power

Sam what in the world is that???? *points to huge black cloud*

*******************************Static*************************************************

*******************************Static****************************************

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2004 - 05:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Slave Uprising 1 - Villanous Sinners 0

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=233531

So, the evil masters send more deadies afta us. Well it don't work! We put the deadies back in da ground! One a da boyz 'as been touched by Mork now... sure, he fried one of ours dis game, but he make it rain, too. And make da ball fing all slippry like. 'es comin wit us now. Watch out ex mastas. We're still runnin, be we're not scared anymore...

Last edited by shaqpooh on %b %07, %2004 - %13:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2004 - 05:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, and read the report for a more accurate synopsis of the game...

I lost to a better coach, fair and square [though I believe God had something to do with it... Curse you!]

Z
Mully

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2004 - 05:27 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Christian Warriors 3 - Short Fuses 1</b>

Bishop Albright led a stirring pre-game sermon which rallied the crowd. <b>"Lay down your gold, and put Jesus on your shoulders."</b> Before the 1st kickoff hit the ground, the aroused fans stormed the pitch.

1-0 Christians

Now understandably intimidated, the dwarves had one eye on the ball and the other towards the crowd, double skull

2-0 Christians

Still intimidated, the refs were also weary of another crowd disaster, the Warriors got a quick jump on the dwarves

3-0 Chistians at half

The dwarves played bloodbowl in the 2nd half while the warriors worked on more converts and scored a td for a 3-1 final.

Yet another race has seen the light of Jesus Christ.
LurkingGrue

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2004 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Saints and Sinners League -- Round 3

Everybody Loves A Winner
After three rounds, we have three teams with a perfect 3-0 record: Slave Uprising (can we really call this an upset anymore?), Christian Warriors and Still the Prettiest. Congratulations guys!

Money (That's What I Want)
Three more teams have joined the highest individual purse list. After a Cabalvision special featuring the league newcomers Short Fuses, the Dwarves saw an incredible turnout for their match with the Christian Warriors. Lady's Army likewise saw a big windfall and I believe I know why. I spectated a portion of this game and believe I actually saw the Dark Elves stall for a turn while their teammates were surrounded by hordes of Chaos minions - with gutsy play like that it's no wonder the fans are willing to shell out the crowns. And finally Mudplay took a big purse (hopefully not a portent for the future...) for their game against the stunties, always a crowd pleaser.

Stunty Madness
The stunties continue to prove that it's not the size of your players, but what you do with them. Slave Uprising continued its winning streak this week in the battle for the penthouse of the Sinners Conference, becoming the first team to score against the Big Bad Wolf, Sergeant Barich, and the Villanous Sinners. Meanwhile, Darkest o t Hillside Thickets forced Mudplay into overtime to settle the game and the two teams scooped up a load of records: Highest Gate, Most SPPs earned (Combined & Individual), Most Casulties Inflicted (Combined & Individual), Most Combined Deaths Inflicted and My Tank, Treeman for the Thickets, took the top CAS spot.

I Feel Pretty
This week Lawerence, Catcher for Still the Prettiest, made two attempts to redeem Elven honor by replacing Sgt. Barich as the league's top SPP whore and by taking the top scorer spot away from the Dwarves of Hammers of Ligth.

Special Delivery
Mael of Hael's Hunt continues to lead the passing list, with more than twice as many completions as his nearest competitor.

Bring Out Your Dead
The blood continues to flow apace with another five deaths in the league this week, bringing the total dead in three weeks to fifteen. The Darkest o t Hillside Thickets continue to donate their share of blood and more as they and the lizards of Mudplay manage to set a new combined deaths record of three (2 Halflings and 1 Lizard). With two deaths last week as well, the plucky Halflings really "give till it hurts".

Happy-Go-Lucky
Starting out with only eight men, the lizards of Itza Cuaconqua played their cold-blooded little hearts out and not only managed to secure a win against the Elves of Good Wood, but snagged the record for highest luck rating.

Round 4 has begun. The deadline for playing these games is Feb 27.

I have resolved all outstanding games, either randomly or by forfeit where I hadn't heard from the involved coaches by the round deadline. The only team with an outstanding game is deeze's Short Fuses who, if they wish, may play a game outside the league after their regular round 4 game has been played.

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2004 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

And Villanous Sinners recapture some of their lost glory by defeating the Dark Flames of Hashut 2-1, in an exciting and gruelling game.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=242919

Check out the report...

Z
shaqpooh

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2004 - 05:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Ha! Not even dem Nurgle lads can stop us! We is almost home, stoopid dwarfs! We not gonna call you mastas no more! You can't stop us, da unded cant stop us, and no one else either!

Slave Uprising 2 - Saints Diseases 1

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=246200

The sneaky Gobbos blitzed their way to victory in this game, after getting 2 blitz results on the kickoff in the first half to go up 2-0. The Rotters came back and pounded the everloving crud out of the gobbos to score late in the second half to pull out a respectable 2-1 loss.
Mully

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2004 - 06:47 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>CHRISTIAN WARRIORS 3 - GOOD WOOD 0</B>

Finally some creatures who will listen to the word of God. The elves were very friendly during our visit and quickly allowed us the ball after some gentle persuasion. We accepted and took a 1-0 halftime lead in turn 8. Erik The Grand led a bible class at halftime and 4 out of the 5 elves in the KO box stayed for the next drive to listen. I believe we had a convert.

Meanwhile the Warriors easily scored for a 2-0 lead. The elves were still thinking about the word of god when they allowed their passer 1 step too close to Saint Paul and Saint Mark. This led to a stunning interception and 3-0 Warrior win. Thank you Bananafish, we'll be sure to bring more bibles for our next visit.
Itzi

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2004 - 07:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Day 17:

wrestled lizards in the mud. think one of the small ones was trying to snag a cuddle. heard mud does good things for one's complexion; think it's rot. will spend next three days cleaning mud from every crack imaginable.

we won, go us!

one of the refs has the hots for Warren. spent most of the first half in the dugout with him. *pout* why he'd choose that prance over me i'll never know.

good news, though; even with all the mud, still the prettiest.
LurkingGrue

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2004 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Saints and Sinners League -- Round 4

Bring Out Your Dead
Only two players were killed in the league during this round, down from the league average of five deaths per week.

Everybody Loves a Winner
Three teams in the league still have perfect records: the wunder-stunties, Slave Uprising; the militaristically evangelical Christian Warriors; and the perfectly coifed, Still the Prettiest. Will they be able to complete their sweep and defeat all the teams in their respective conferences this week? For that matter, HiTfromTheBONG also maintains a perfect record in their own manner -- they have yet to score a touchdown; they have managed to rack up a rather impressive CAS tally though....

I Did it My Way
In true chaos fashion, the Disciples of Anarchy's beastman with Big Hand, Havoc, is in the CAS charts while Annihilation, one of their blocking beastman, is in the TD race (or was, until we got too many players with three TDs and had to drop them....)

Lucky Charms
The Christian Warriors have captured the highest luck score record (they probably call it divine inspiration....) with a luck total of 77% in their game against Good Wood. Why do all of the luck records, good or bad, seem to involve Good Wood...?

Danger, Will Robinson!
Weakened by Johnny Be Good and the Evil Kings of the Dark Tomb abandoning their posts, the borders between the Angels and Sinners Conferences have begun to crumble early and skirmishes have broken out. This week it appears that the dread Villanous Sinners are advancing upon the mountain fortresses of the Hammers of Ligth. (In non-fluff terms, this means that, despite a few nibbles, I wasn't able to find replacements for our two non-playing coaches. To compensate, these two conference will end up with one more cross-over game, two in the case of the Hammers and Sinners; whichever teams don't have an opponent in their conference will be matched up against one another).

Welcome to My Nightmare
And a belated welcome to Winter_Silverfox and the Nagarythe Shadows, replacing the Norsca Bloodletters who had to leave due to technical difficulties. The High Elves celebrated their inauguration into the league with a victory over Spac'd Out.

Last edited by LurkingGrue on %b %06, %2004 - %00:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: