53 coaches online • Server time: 12:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
lawman

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2009 - 04:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Rookie ogre. Talk about a team thats hard to get a match for. 100/83 is tough. You can go a long time getting a suitable matchup. I tried 3 straight times with no match.

Granted, you will lose coming out if you face most rookie teams. But getting a matchup in comparison in ranked seems so much easier.

Perhaps there needs to be a fail safe that gives a tendacy to match up rookie on rookie teams. Because if the coach has done poorly, a rookie ogre team will never get a suitable matchup.

I'll have to go back to playing darkelf, win quite a bit, then try to find a match again with the ogres.
arw

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2009 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah.
I thought it would be tough to start off with an all-skeleton team.
I was wrong: It is almost impossible unless I add more ReRolls.

Last edited by arw on %b %03, %2009 - %19:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Aezeal

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2009 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

get online together Very Happy
maysrill

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2009 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Sooner or later someone else will have a mirror match for you. Or someone will have gobbos/flings/vamps with similar TR/TS issues starting up. Or you'll catch a team that got beat up a bit in its first game and ended up 95/85 or so.

The scheduler is doing you a favor though not putting you up against rookie dwarfs, undead, etc., being down 15+ TS.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
Pjj

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2009 - 04:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Ogres and stunties are probably the hardest team to get regular matchups with.
Timlagor

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2009 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

You probably can't afford stars but you could boost your TS somewhat in the short term by hiring freebooters (esp those gobs who die like flies anyway) -this does slow down development/game somewhat but if it gets you games it's bother worth it and speeds you up in actual time.