34 coaches online • Server time: 12:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mully

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2003 - 06:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Dear Admins - Since the rules review I'm having a hard time finding DivX games. It appears from the FUMBBL stats that the DivX games are dwindling down.

Is it possible to change the team constraints from 5 Open and 5 DivX to 10 for Open/DivX total. Each coach will still only be able to field a max of 10 teams, but I will be able to start more open teams and thus get more games in without having to retire teams that I like.

Thanks
Mully
Barash

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2003 - 08:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah.. I like this idea, more open league slot's!
(but less div-x teams mean less play in div-x)

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2003 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

The objective of limiting the slots in open is to encourage play in the other divisions. By changing the slots in the way you suggest, you would likely see more decline in DivX play, which is not the intention. Look for the upcoming GLN for an article on what may be in the future for DivX.

The Finishing Touch
Jahira

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2003 - 09:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I would love more slots in open, i have nothing to do in divX anymore, and find divXgames kinda borring anyhow...
I hate retireing teams in open i have played a long time, but it seems the only way to make new teams...
Sometimes it get's real annoying finding games for st 230+teams, but that doesn't mean i don't wanna keep em... that means it's time to build up one more Very Happy
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2003 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

My Noble Anarchists are always open to playing a DivX game, they still need to get 77 DivX games in before they can transfer to [T] to play another 100 games.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Mystery Link

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2003 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I think making some of the DivX experimental teams official such as Rotters and Necros hasn't helped. DivX is quiter now than it used to be but 5 open/5 divx/5 stunty is right, too many open slots would be overkill IMO.
poi66

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2003 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

IMO it is a shame that the pact teams got dropped in divx. What was more experimental then them? Give them back!
MixX

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2003 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

ahhh I would still like to try out a league where every team could hire whatever players they liked. I know a lot of people will think I'm retarded or something, but what the hell.. I could be fun just for the experiment. I'm not suggesting this for Fumbbl though, it wouldn't fit in..

What I mean is, there would be no such thing as an Elf team or a Chaos team, you simply started a team and then you could hire whatever players you liked, eg 2 Chaos Warriors, a Wardancer and a Skaven Thrower (if you wanted to). Actually, this is not the place to post it, I think I'll go start a thread about this on talkbloodbowl.

To stay just a bit on topic, I too think divX is a bit slow at the moment, but I guess that's just until we get some more experimental teams to put in there..
Flynn

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2003 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

i have a porposal that probably wont fly with the admins but is worth a shot
perhaps we have a contest where everyone can submit a new team idea
then we all vote on which we like best and the 3 winners get temporarily added to divx to playtest, if they dont seem incredibly unbalanced then we could send them in to jervis and leave them in divx
if its a huge problem we could just scrap the whole idea
some good guidelines would be that the new teams would have to have some sort of warhammer fluff
and a restriction on number of traits, max min number of posistions
stuff liek that
and of course they would have to follow the rules in jervis's team creation guidlines
what does everyone think?

Goodbye Cusi
olivers

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2003 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I want the underworld creepers Skaven+Gobbo team, it would get hammered beyond belief but they should have poisoned blades, fanatics, bombers, kickers. Basically gobbo cheaters with access to all skaven apart from GR and RO.

I'd be happy to play test
Flynn

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2003 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

i think they would slaughter lots of people

Goodbye Cusi
Jugular

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2003 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

The DivX is for official experimental rules. Take a look at TBB to see some of the ideas being proposed for these. I think DivX should be reset every year ater each Rules Review.
peikko

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2003 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Thrall wrote:
i
perhaps we have a contest where everyone can submit a new team idea
then we all vote on which we like best and the 3 winners get temporarily added to divx to playtest, if they dont seem incredibly unbalanced then we could send them in to jervis and leave them in divx

This time I got it right here, this must be again one of those of yours posting where you are goin to say "I was only joking" some time later!

Right? Please say it is so Wink
Flynn

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2003 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

who comes up with the official experimental teams?
why cant we help out?

Goodbye Cusi
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2003 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Fanatic/Jervis/Andy come up with the teams.
Do you know how many experimental rosters they get sent Wink,
everyone wants their team in, most are just plain broken,
If your determined on the idea then look back at second edition and see what was around then,
But chances are you'll just be doing something that someone else has.

Jump to: