70 coaches online • Server time: 22:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
treborius

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2009 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
Hmm.. lets bring the ogre idea to its extreme, by making a modified space marine roster:

0-16 Terminators 5 7 2 10 AS Really Stupid, Thick Skull, Claw, MB 180k
0-8 Scouting Drones 7 1 3 7 A Bonehead (so they can`t assist other players rolls), dodge, stunty 20k
RR: 100k
Apo: Yes
Wiz: Normal

nah, that one is old and overpowered - besides it's too heavy on the bashing - i got a better one called Santa's Pack, make it:

0-1 Santa Claus
6 6 3 10 Big Hand, Dump Off, Leader, Thick Skull, Stand Firm, Pro, Break Tackle (GS) 140K
0-12 Reindeer 7 4 2 9 Sure Feet, Sprint, Block (GS) 90K
0-16 Whiny Elf 7 2 4 7 Dodge, Whine (A) 50K

with the new Skill "Whine":

the player may take an action called "whining" as an alternative to blocking, which causes his tackle-zones to be soaked with tears for one turn.
as a consequence, subtract -1 for each dodge out of a tear-soaked tackle-zone on the following turn and treat any blocks as guarded by the whining Elf, as long as the blocked / blocking player is standing in a tear-soaked tackle-zone.
the penalties for dodging and blocking only apply to players of the opposing team as the members of Santa's Pack are quite used to all the whining going on among their ranks and are not affected by it.

whining by multiple players have a cumulative affect, i.e. when dodging out of 2 whining players tackle-zone subtract -2.
when two teams of Santa's Pack are matched vs. one another both can still field Santa Claus (yes, this is proof of his manifold existence).
in this case neither team is affected by whining of the opponent's Whiny Elfs as for reasons stated above.

Last edited by treborius on %b %24, %2009 - %12:%Dec; edited 2 times in total
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2009 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing Laughing Laughing
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2009 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice try... unfortunatelly the only thing it has to do with ogres is that it is another go at 'look at those whiny girlies that cry because of their precious little pixels are getting hurt' scheme. While it is tried and tested, for one it completely fails to answer/negate any arguement and its getting a little old. But well.. nice try with the personal attacks, but if you want to use that tactic in future forum threads, plz grow a pair yourself and stop getting touchy, when I indirectly call you (by proxy of ogre coaches) dull witted brutes that don`t care about the game as long as imaginary lifes are ended/crippled.

Merry Christmas!
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2009 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Circ, srsly, calm down plz.
treborius

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2009 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
nice try with the personal attacks

hmmm, seriously: didn't know your alter ego was Santa Claus Shocked

i liked this part, though:

CircularLogic wrote:
Merry Christmas!

same to everyone here on fumbbl, don't let your balance be perturbed by any mean Ogres stomping your way Very Happy Cool

EDIT: after thinking 'bout it: i really should've shot back at Circ, mixed in some references to other Coaches and Elfs (though he seems to be playing mostly Orc, these days) and made this become thread of the year, but there's still 5 days to go, so come on let's do it! Twisted Evil
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2009 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I find the best way to deal with ogres is to celebrate your win in an overly enthusiastic way. For example

me: Loser! I win, and condemn you to another defeat, fear my coaching powers

Ogre Coach: But i have destroyed your team, therefore i win.

Me: My team shall play on, and in its stats will always show that i beat you, and am the superior coach. You my friend are not only the loser, but you wil continue to lose, whilst i will laugh at your pitiful record.

Ogre Coach: Waaa! i want my mummy (runs off crying)

This is exactly how the conversations go.
Calcium

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2009 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

freak_in_a_frock wrote:
I find the best way to deal with ogres is to celebrate your win in an overly enthusiastic way. For example

me: Loser! I win, and condemn you to another defeat, fear my coaching powers

Ogre Coach: But i have destroyed your team, therefore i win.

Me: My team shall play on, and in its stats will always show that i beat you, and am the superior coach. You my friend are not only the loser, but you wil continue to lose, whilst i will laugh at your pitiful record.

Ogre Coach: Waaa! i want my mummy (runs off crying)

This is exactly how the conversations go.

Bloody good job I don't play Ogres then, I suck normally against you Freak!

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2009 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Ogres are some of the most fun opponents to play against. Why fix something that isn't broken?

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2009 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

My feeling is there is a little too much TS given to under-strength teams. But even fixing this wouldn't really change the Ogres thing. It doesn't matter if you reduce the TS of an under-strength team a bit, they're still likely to get to play an ogre team. It is irrelevant that it might be a slightly weaker ogre team than before the change. The point is that you're going to be up against a ridiculous mass of S5 players and you have only a handful at your disposal, and there's going to be fewer and fewer as the games progress. The particular combination of under-strength team and S5 horde is just horrible.
Wraith

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2009 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Still no valid counter points on why ogres are broken...

My Dwarves = 57 cas in 21 games.
My Ogres = 69 cas in 24 games.
My Undead = 45 cas in 12 games.
My Chaos Dwarves = 70 cas in 23 games.
My Orcs = 124 cas in 46 games.

I'm not seeing the correlation between Ogre teams and mass amounts of cas, in-fact, it looks on par with most of the other bashy races.

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2009 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

They never were broken.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2009 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Khemri 110 cas in 31 games Avg: 3, 55 per game
Dwarves 186 cas in 61 games 3,04
Skaven 39 in 14 games 2,78
Ogre 100 cas in 37 games 2,70
Chaos Dwarves 136 cas in 52 ganes 2,61
Chaos 320 cas in 127 games 2,52
Amazons 72 cas in 38 games 1,89
High Elves 62 cas in 39 games 1.59

that's how it looks for me, checking on some random teams...

still hate khemris
Wraith

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2009 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Sionis wrote:
They never were broken.

I agree, but some people in this thread are implying that Ogres are super duper cas makers, but it's pretty obvious that they aren't any better at making cas then other basher teams.

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2009 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I cant speak for anyone else, but my view is that you would be extremely unlikely (or unlucky) to face a full strength dwarf / orc / khemri team when your own team is starting will less than 11 in blackbox. That is not the case with ogres. The point IMO is the TS formula does not take account of the number of players - as runreallyfast demonstrated very eloquently on page 5 of this thread. Im not in the least bothered about facing ogres or indeed anyone else when I have a full strength team, but Im not comfortable with the fact that Im more likely to face them when Im carrying a couple or three of mng.
Sionis

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2009 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

That's why other divisions exsist.
 Jump to: