18 coaches online • Server time: 03:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Exempt teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
clockbob

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2009 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I just started playing in the box, so I don't know if this happens a lot, but I got the same team scheduled against me twice in a row. The first game we were about even, but the second game I was a man down, while he had gained two skills on his players. My team was a rookie team for the first game, and by the second game he had 23 TR on me. My handicap was virus, worthless against his team.

This second match up just seems unfair for me.. and playing the same two teams twice in a row is just boring. Is there something that can be done about this, or is it just a risk of playing in the Box?
Koigokoro

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2009 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Count the TS, not TR.

Repeat matchups are rare but possible.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2009 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

That is the risk of playing in the box.
Naru1981

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2009 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I have had the same happen recently. twice i think.
it is just luck of the random draw

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2009 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

The TS difference was 14, so that makes it 9 after the handicap. Which sounds fair on paper. Maybe next time I'll just wait 20 minutes and enter in the next round... the double header is really boring.
Kryten

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2009 - 23:05
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

One thing to note - if either of the teams played the other as their last match, then there is a small (3% I believe) negative adjustment to the suitability. That is, the scheduler attempts to not have a rematch, but sometimes it happens.
Sionis

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2009 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the Box.
treborius

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2009 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

clockbob wrote:
I just started playing in the box, so I don't know if this happens a lot, but I got the same team scheduled against me twice in a row. The first game we were about even, but the second game I was a man down, while he had gained two skills on his players. My team was a rookie team for the first game, and by the second game he had 23 TR on me. My handicap was virus, worthless against his team.

This second match up just seems unfair for me.. and playing the same two teams twice in a row is just boring. Is there something that can be done about this, or is it just a risk of playing in the Box?

since the scheduler favors match-ups of teams that haven't played a game vs. one another in their last match you can lower the risk of this happening significantly by making more teams in the box - even if you get scheduled vs. the same coach, chances are that other teams get drawn.

i try to throw at least 4..5 teams at the box at once - since i do it i have never not gotten scheduled and the avg. ts-difference is pretty low since there's usually a match in the box vs. one of my teams within -5TS..+5TS

EDIT: just looked up my last 5 matches: -6, +3, +3, +4, +4TS including 5TS / handicap (seems like i got pretty lucky Wink )
 Jump to: