28 coaches online • Server time: 12:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Espionage

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2010 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Would we be better to remove stunty teams from L? there is no restiction on who you play in S, so perhaps leagues could be run within the div. This would have the advantage of having players who had made a team, and quite liked it being able to play in an open format long after there league had died/finished.

I'm not sure how many Stunty games are played in L, but any split of the small player pool is a bad thing imo.
odi

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2010 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

The reason to have stunty teams in L, is to play against normal races and NOT loose Very Happy

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=1126956
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=1187713

Well, actually me and a friend of mine moved all our stunty teams to L, since there wasnt that much going on in stunty and the 10 games rule was still being enforced.
Sziro

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Espionage wrote:

I'm not sure how many Stunty games are played in L, but any split of the small player pool is a bad thing imo.

Very good point!
Pirog

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Still, League is quite original in that it has player run tournaments. If we can get that in S it would be great, but then there will be people abusing it to prime teams for official tournaments etc.
LordVader82

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Exposure is part of the problem, I believe. Let stunty into [R]anked and [B]ox, maybe even [F]action. Let people see what these teams can do. Will they get squished, sure. But some of the best games i've played is with stunty teams. It's a bloodbath at times. But if there's a chaos fling team that has a DP, Saw and he dices up a Power Khemri or Orc squad, that'd certainly help take care of some of the 'bashy' complainers in box right?

Gobbo Cheaters or Skyre slaves in Faction may draw new interest to Faction as well. I don't think that I've played 50 games. But they're cool. I just wish I could take those sawz into the box. Mwuhuhahahaha!!!
hebus

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone.

First of all I find it difficult to not acknowledge some of the work that coaches put into stunty around the website. <a href=http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=5554>Stunty Skirmish Series</a> runs a tournament every month, and yet it is not as popular as it should be. It is due to not enough promotion? Lack of blood in stunty nowadays? Not a major? I think the answer to this could be the same as the title for this topic.
However leagues for stunty are everywhere in fumbbl, they have regular and passionate coaches who have been playing stunty for years. It is true that my passion for the blood and guts of the squishy type is recent, and man have I tortured and enjoyed destroying to pieces some weak Chaos Half’s! Yet, my thirst has not been drenched. Anything that could bring more pain on the pitch is welcomed. Sometimes we shall not be ashamed to admit our mistakes and put back some of the old rules.
Coaches play stunty for the relaxed atmosphere and the not so serious mood. We want extreme conditions that we never get in Ranked! We want more rocks, pitch invasions and crazy pitches… a few years ago my friend and I used to play with those strange set of rules found on internet with a new kick off table with extra balls, free wizards, different kind of ball… maybe it was the alcohol but it was damn fun. Overall I agree with Sziro “- Stunty should not follow lrb as close as the other leagues. What s the point in clinging to something not designed, nor suited to stunty.”
G skills on big guys? It seems to be a major issue on why people stop playing in S and migrated to L. so bring it back.
TS? Sorted ages ago. Everyone agreed.
The rest seems to be minor and can probably talk or organized by some professionals (like team rosters, icons)
hebus

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn the link is not working!!!!! "shame"
Ancre

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Instead of using < a href= > and </a>, use [url= your site ] and [/url].
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2010 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I think some very good points have been made. I totally agree that trying to balance stunty rosters with LRB teams is on the whole impossible.

However I see the League and Stunty groups as quite different.

Stunty Div players are dedicated stuntiers, where as the League Stunty players are either playing stunty in League because they want a competition set up, they want to play something different, or the league they play in demands it.

Therefore I don't want to give up on the idea of League and Stunty rosters being different. I think this would be the way forward.

Balancing Stunty (league) rosters with the 2 LRB4 stunty teams, wouldn't be impossible, and keep stunty stunty div rosters as the majority want. In one way this would be easier as it would please more people. Some of the rosters Goblin Cheaters for example are I would say already balanced to take on the weaker LRB rosters, which possibly means that they are a bit powerful in Stunty Div itself.

I run a league in league that uses weakened LRB rosters with Stunty rosters, and the interest has been high. Over the 2 seasons over 80 coaches have taken part. There certainly is interest in joint lrb/stunty competitions.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2010 - 02:55 Reply with quote Back to top

So can we make Shadow an actual admin now? Very Happy