39 coaches online • Server time: 15:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Cindy is back?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
blocknroll

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2010 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Post your BB7s Mini League Match Reports here.
Absurd

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2010 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

After a long absense from the leagues, the Wasted Youth returned for their first game against the Orcadish Zeveens. Through some unfortunate events including two Orcs being arrested prior to the match it turned into a somewhat one-sided affair. Still, the Chaos Gods don't mind that at all.

Match Report
blocknroll

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2010 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Warsptone Surprise 7s kicked off their street campaign with a game against Nazgob which was very appropriate, as he is the reason that team exists. Decided to receive the kick off to try and go in at half time 2-1 or 3-2 (was expecting high scoring game v Wood Elfs) with my ma10 VLL Foul Appearance Gutter taking most of the strain. A failed hand off to ag4 player early on set the tone, with a game where everything important failed for me (including a pick up in a tz in endzone for 3-2) and not much important went wrong for Naz. I did manage to score 2 and get 4 cas (2 from fouls) so i got near max bonus points. The aforementioned one turning gutter got mvp which was good as it meant no skill roll for the st4 gutter (he remains on 50spps), but a bit gutted to lose in a game which ended up being a lot more one sided than anyone would have predicted. The 3 cas I did were all BH. I should be happy with not picking up any injuries myself. The storm vermin now played 11 games for 0spps lol. Interesting to see how the team develops from here
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=2924588
blocknroll

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2010 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Warmaster had been having a bad run with dice (or so he said maybe it was a trick to get me to play orcs??) but it certainly changed here, v the Warpstone Surprise 7s. 2 injuries in first turn, my guy sent off first foul when eye on the orcs, ended up with no players on the pitch for second half. and only one came back (3 sent off i think 3 injured) in turn 7. full points for Warmaster. Luck at one time was 17% for me 86% for warmaster. Took the decision not to apo a couple of MNGs as was fearing much worse, and the one turning GR tried and succeeded to get himself sent off. If this wasnt a league game it would have been conceeded (ive never ever conceeded) but as it was the injuries as they fell and sendings off were the next best thing. 1 league point for me, cos i played the game lol.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=2924621
tzilacatzin

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2010 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Semi Pro Division

Milwaukee's Best 1 - 0 Green GRAWR

The Best kicked off to the orcs, and were able to tie up most of the opposition along the LoS. The first half turned into a good scrum, with 3 orcs getting surfed (all stuns) and the Best just playing containment. We probably should have tried to get someone into scoring position, but we were unable to free the ball in T8 anyway.

The second half saw Pabst fail the pickup with his new big hand, leading to some tense moments, and a lost foul on the orc leader. Despite being short a couple players from a KO and a BH, we were able to get into good position, as the orcs got themselves pulled in too far. A failed dodge by the orc blitzer that would most likely freed the ball allowed Pabst to run out ahead of the greenskins, for the win in T16.

This was a good, tough match facing 4 ST4 orcs. Somehow, Onopa was not drafted by the pros yet despite turning into a real Super Star.

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2010 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Semi Pro

Khaos Invaders 0 - 1 Orcadish Zeevens

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=2926058
In one of the bloodiest games of the league yet, Saurii smashed against Orc armour. In the bloodbath, 1 skink and a good saurus were permenantly injured, while another sidestepping skink sidestepped his way fatally into an orcish fist. However, D'lar wanted to make an impression on the watching scouts as he passed 126 spp, almost killing the notable Smalg before the apothecary got to him, and seriously injuring Drolg, before his brother D'ven broke the back of the mighty black orc Stock.

The major league scouts were not impressed. D'lar continues his career in 7s
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2010 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

And then the Invaders write themselves out of the league....

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=2928327

D'lar dies to an orcish boot, and the Major league scouts are so impressed by D'Ven, he gets called up for the big time plays...

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2010 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

After yesterday's successes, today has seen the once much admired and feared Doomriders virtually implode. In a match against Seven Dead Anthropologists Deadeye, the ghoul was killed, Clawfinger, the wolf was niggled (and subsequently fired) and Ribspreader had one of his legs shortened. He'll remain in the team but as it stands Gorerotted, the Flesh Golem now unbalances the team. The chances of placing in Tavern are very small now.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=2929196
Absurd

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2010 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

In another game in the first season of 2010, the team suffered yet more setbacks. The match started well, despite some lacklustre blocking, with the Chaos harrassing the Dark Elves and stealing the ball for a touchdown. However in the second half things went wrong. The Beast of Bodmin Moor was killed from a block with the apothecary failing and to add to that one of the rookie beats, the one that had scored the touchdown, was also kiled from a foul. The match ended in a draw.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=2932134
T_Witch

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2010 - 04:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Match report for Addicted to 7s vs So Very Hungry...
In an early effort in the game to intimidate the Ogres to think the halflings are tougher than they are....a turn 1 foul to the Ogre star Blocknroll KILLs the mighty ogre with such passion that the apothecary could only stand , shake his head, and walk away to begin making the funeral pyre.
Turns 2-15 saw some push and shove...saw the treeman firmly take root on the line of scrimmage for over half the game with nothing to do but occasionally throw a fling about. With good blitzing and a little luck the ogres ran the game to 2-0 with touchdowns by the goblin Sinnyil and Ogre Impaladan.
To make sure they go down in the record books despite the loss the flings end the game the way they began...with a foul and another death. This time to the goblin Sinnyil. Under orders of course from coach Sinnyil. I bet he sleeps well tonight.
nazgob

Post   Posted: May 26, 2010 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

After a bit of a massacre, the Lothern Sevens were in a bit of trouble. In fact, they were down to two players for their next game. So despite a glorious victory against the dwarves, the Sevens were approaching their future with trepidation, particularly as their thrower aged on 51 SPP.

Squaring off against the Amazons, Seven Shivas, the Sevens were destined to lose. With the blitzer KO'd in the opening turn of the game, it was down to Matros. He grabbed the ball and raced for the endzone. An evil 'zon knocked him down and stole the ball, but he stood, dodged, injured the ball carrier, recovered the ball, and went on to dodge through three tackle zones and survive a surf attempt to score. After the game, his efforts were rewarded by the wizards of Hoeth, who granted him a Bracer of Strength in recognition of his bravery.

Back up to four players, the Lothern Sevens decided to pursue their recovery, getting a game from fellow Elves, the Ajah Do Aes Sedai. With some canny moves, and two Blitzes, the Sevens managed to take home a 3-1 win, skilling their rookie thrower despite his injury.

Pumped on on their two previous wins, the Sevens were almost back to full strength. With six players to take the pitch, they chose to face another Elf team, the Seven Silver Strikers. Starting strongly with an injury from the very first block of the game, the elves forgot how to handle the ball, and took seven turns to score, while, despite a blitz, they were unable to defend against the two turn touchdown. Finally losing 3-1, the Sevens still came up trumps, skilling their rookie lineman and recieving no permanent injuries.

Back up to seven players, the Lothern Sevens are now back in shape after a morning of hard playing. Of course, some would describe the team as unbalanced. To them I say this - although the obvious stengths of the team lies with the catchers, never neglect this team's spirit. The Sevens shall never surrender.

***Side Note: Rasti is now the thirteenth most violent Elf active in the [L]eague today***
Asgovic

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2010 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Mini-leagues #3 has started, and the notorious lizards of the Seven Serpents are off to a great start.

In their opening match against the 7 Tuskz the put on a real display of power winning 4-0 and out cas'ing the orcs 5-1.

Star and team captain Cipactli proved that he is ready and on form to lead his team to victory in the tavern division by putting 3 of the greenskins in the injury box.
 Jump to: