57 coaches online • Server time: 12:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Skeloboy

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2004 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm about to start in our league with a necromantic team, but I can't figure out the best way.

These are for sure:
2 Flesh Golem
1 Werewolf
2 Wight
5 Zombies

1 RR
9 FF

That is 850K

Now I have 150K left. Should I use them on:
1) A werewolf(120K) and a zombie(30K)
2) A Ghoul(70K), a reroll(70K), and a cheerleader(10K)

Is one werewolf worth a reroll and a ghoul?
Or should I start with no reroll, a lower FF, and all the position players?
Please give me your thoughts

Skeloboy
Animal2020

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2004 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

which league are you starting in??

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2004 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd go do a slightly modified #2 : Ghoul, reroll, drop FF to 7 and take a zombie
Matt_wyeth

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2004 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

i'd drop a FF the wolf and get 2 ghouls and 3 re-rolls. since you're going to need team re-rolls to get the ball, fix a failed 2-d bock and dodge. elves can get away with 2 re-rolls but an ag 3 team need a lil more help and getting more re-rolls is going to be expensive.
Fisso

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2004 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Du skal bare købe 16 zombies og ikke andet, så har du jo penge til at hyre starplayers Smile
Ithilkir

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2004 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Either...

2 Wights, 2 Ghouls, 8 Zombies, 9 FF, 5 RR's
2 Ghouls, 2 Flesh Golems, 8 Zombies, 4 RR's 9 FF +10k spare

Necros only have two re-roll skills (dodge on the Ghouls) and assuming you'll fail to pickup the ball at least once, you need those re-rolls. Werewolves are turnovers waiting to happen without block and the RR's so ignore them to start with Smile

Lore of Nuffle :: The webs biggest BB flavour archive!
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2004 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the Best Design i have found is

2 Wolves 2 Golems 2 ghouls 5 Zombies 9 FF 2 RR's (then buy the wights and RR's later causes massive numbers of cas to opponent teams and scores pretty well)
Mikos

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2004 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

personally i would use 2 werewolves rather than 2 flesh golems, although FG are really good, Werewolves are in my opinion better and more usefull. However i use2 of each as even with ff 9 these players take 2-3 games to get hold on if u dont have to replace dead, or dont mind playing with 10 players. Therefore i use 2 werewolves 2 fleshgolems 2 ghouls 5 zombies 2 rerolls and ff 9. This way i can buy the wights quickly and also have a effective team.of course with the wights costing less than WW or FG u can drop the ff to 2 (although in a tournament that might not be wise) and increase rerolls to 3.
Skeloboy

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2004 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Jugular: I would rather have a 9 FF than a zombie extra

Animal2020: It's The Memorrial Bloodbowl League in Odense, Denmark. www.memorrial.dk

Matt: I have thought about that

Fisso: Hehe, det kan da også være det var en ide, men hvis jeg har 16 zombier, kan jeg jo ikke have nogen star players;)

Ithilkir: Well, I can always use the werewolf as tD'ers in the first couple of matches, but your second suggestions is worth considering

Warblade: Also worth considering

Mikos: I won't drop the FF lower than 7

So now I have 6 new suggestion. Luckily I have a month to decide. We are starting 3th february.

Thanks for your oppinions

Skeloboy
slackman

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2004 - 04:51 Reply with quote Back to top

2 wolves 240k
2 wights 180k
4 rrs 280k
7 zombies 210k
9 ff 90k

or drop a rr and a zombie (and 2 ff) and get a flesh golem from the start.

i used to start w/ 2 wolves, 3 wights, 3rrs and 6 zombies, but they now only get 2. kinda sucks. i never use ghouls on undead/necro teams. they always seem to be the ONLY ones that get hurt, often dying, usually while dodging away from someone. but now that i only get 2 wights, i may have to take a ghoul or two and give them sure hands instead of making one of the 4 wights the designated ball carrier. the flesh golems are nice to have, but they're pretty damn expensive for being a black orc w/ stand firm.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2004 - 05:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm no expert on necro teams... never used one.. but i'd go the flesh golum route as the wolfs seem to be like gutter runners -spp hogs- you can develope wolfs quick but I've played against necro teams with two 30+spp wolfs and everyone else without block.

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2004 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

erm, how exactly do you propose to load up your zombies with spps? they're slower than any other lineman in terms of development. but after using the werewolves to get block (and possibly dodge), they become blitzers instead of scorers. use the wights (or ghouls) to run the ball downfield.
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2004 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm just starting a league with my necro that looks like this:

2 wolfs
2 wights
2 ghouls
5 Zombies
3 RR
8 FF

I haven't coached a necromantic team before but the wolves seems quite a bit better then the golems. As Slackman pointed out; they are more or less expensive black orcs. I tried a few games against myself and came to the conclusion that the wolves are awsome at taking out players! Especially now in the beginning when no one has dodge. I don't feel like flesh golems add as much chance of winning the early games as the wolves and the early games are as important as the last ones.

Comments?

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2004 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I started my necros with:

2 Flesh Golems
6 Zombies
2 Werewolves
1 Ghoul
FF8
3 Rerolls

This gives your zombies and golems plenty of time to get spps, the werewolves will develop quickly into blitzers, allowing your later purchases to get TD's when they come in. The 3 RR's are very much needed in this config.

I also develop the Wights as the throwers, Ball Carrier, since they don't have as much to use doubles on anyways.
Cephme

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2004 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Tinky

I started with the same line up. If I were to do it over again I would trade out 1 wolf for 1 Flesh Golem. The FG will be a great center for your line and I find that I really only need 1 Werewolf (who almost always gets my blitz move). You can pic up the other pricy guys later.
 Jump to: