72 coaches online • Server time: 23:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2004 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll tell you this, the WW are skill hogs. I have to fall back on him to score on a crisis, since he has the catch skill and a high speed. I suggest letting him overtake the team until he gets dodge and block, and then make him a back-up scorer, and go with wights. They are slightly more durable [regen], and thus the SPPs are safer on them than a WW...

Z
BigDemonicBunny

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2004 - 03:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I'd have to say that you get both the FGs from the start.

With Standfirm, Regen and Thickskull they're fairly safe on the field(and FAR better than Black Orcs) but develop fairly slowly(at least with my playing style) so you need them early.

Ghouls develop pretty quickly, as do Wolfies. But werewolves are IMHO the best player in the game(even besting Wardancers for developmentpotential!), both early(where they serve as excellent ballcarriers) and late(where they serve primarily as blitzers but also as emergency scorers).

My own team was started along the 2 FGs, 2 Ghouls, 2 Werewolves, 5 zombies(rest on FF and re-rolls), but perhaps it should have been altered to encompass Wights from the start. The wights have been suffering from severe SPP malnutrition compared to the rest of my positional players, only catching up due to frequent Werewolf-replacements and the death of a FG.
Franz

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2004 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

2 FG
2 WH
1 WW
1 GH
5 ZO
2 RR
9 FF
10k Stash
SolomonKane

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 07:11 Reply with quote Back to top

My apologies for resurrecting a dead thread, but seeing as how it's a discussion on necros, it seems somehow appropriate...anyway...

I really like the Necro team options, it allows a player to turn them into just about anything you want, though obviously they aren't quite elves if you try to ball with them. Still, it would seem to me they have plenty of speed to try to make a passing game work if they wished. After reading through most people's ideas here, I just had to toss in my own and see how you guys react. Razz

The idea behind this first team is to play ball to the extreme - as much as necros can, anyway. The Flesh Golem and Wight are there mainly to provide holes on the offensive side of the ball for the Werewolves to sneak through (and, because I had 20k left when I had a second Ghoul instead of the Wight initially). Alternatively, the Ghoul could also go out for a pass with the Wight tossing it, giving this team a third receiver. Plenty of speed here defensively, too. If it were to be played as an agility team, this team would probably want to hire another Ghoul ASAP, and give the Wight passing skills on early doubles. I would guess most of you flag this as a bad idea (AG 3 mostly balling?!) or as not very durable (all the would-be catcher types don't regenerate, lack armor, or are constant targets).

1 Flesh Golem
2 Werewolves
1 Wight
1 Ghoul
6 Zombies
3 RRs
9 FF

This second team is one I think I'd more seriously consider if I wanted to play necros, and this one goes straight to the bashy side of things, with maximum strength and block skills available (well, minus one possible Werewolf). The Wights would be expected to carry the ball, with the Fleshies hitting and the Were blitzing every turn as much as possible. It also has only one player lacking regeneration, who in ideal play, shouldn't have to worry TOO much about getting dead. A ghoul could be added after a couple games to allow the Wights to become extra hitters, if the skill rolls are really juicy. Not a lot of speed here but hopefully very durable.

2 Flesh Golem
2 Wights
1 Werewolf
6 Zombies
3 RRs
7 FF

Thoughts/flames/comments?
neverdodge

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 08:15 Reply with quote Back to top

SolomonKane wrote:

2 Flesh Golem
2 Wights
1 Werewolf
6 Zombies
3 RRs
7 FF

I would start with this one too. You need to develop your wight and golems, werewolves skills in one or two game. Plus at the begining i don t like to have a lot of non regen players (ghouls and WW)

btw i had a topic on tbb about that if you want to take a look :
http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16625
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 08:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I started with my first Necro team in the following line-up;

2 Golems
2 Wights
1 Wolf
6 zombies
3 Re-rolls
7 fan factor

Reasoning is that I'd rather start with as many slow developing players (zombies and golems) and as much regeneration as I could. PLUS a key 3 RR's of course!

First get a 12th player, a zombie, the save all the way for a 2nd wolf. With the wights ending up as ball-carriers initially the skill up at least to tackle (1st skill) and the wolf will do nicely too; scoring due to catch and making some cas mostly.

Worked for me. Very Happy

edit; yeah, yeah. Edited. Embarassed

Last edited by Jinxed on %b %06, %2005 - %18:%Nov; edited 2 times in total
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 08:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Jinxed wrote:
I started with my first Necro team[/text/] in the following line-up;

2 Golems
2 Wights
1 Wolf
6 zombies
3 Re-rolls
7 fan factor

Reasoning is that I'd rather start with as many slow developing players (zombies and golems) and as much regeneration as I could. PLUS a key 3 RR's of course!

First get a 12th player, a zombie, the save all the way for a 2nd wolf. With the wights ending up as ball-carriers initially the skill up at least to tackle (1st skill) and the wolf will do nicely too; scoring due to catch and making some cas mostly.

Worked for me. Very Happy

Jinxed, you earn a record of the longest URL link

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
Jinxed, you earn a record of the longest URL link

haha! Laughing

on topic...

I believe that the best necros to start in small (around 6 rounds) tournenaments are:

2 Flesh Golems
2 Werewolfs
1 Ghoul
6 Zombies
3 Re-Rolls
6 Fan Factor

Flesh Golems and Wereworfs are the top Necro players and you need them from the first game for a good start at the tournament.

In longer tourneys fan factor is more important. So:

2 Flesh Golems
2 Werewolfs
2 Ghouls
5 Zombies
2 Re-Rolls
9 Fan Factor

or

2 Flesh Golems
1 Werewolf
1 Ghoul
1 Wight
6 Zombies
3 Re-Rolls
9 Fan Factor

or

2 Werewolfs
1 Flesh Golem
1 Ghoul
1 Wight
6 Zombies
3 Re-Rolls
9 Fan Factor

depending on the way you play and the opponent teams.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

My lineup would be:

2 Flesh Golems
2 Wights
1 Werewolf
6 Zombies
3 Rerolls
7 FF

The key being as much regen as possible.

Oh wait! That´s Jinxed´s lineup. I better just agree with him then Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

So now I have 6 new suggestion. Luckily I have a month to decide. We are starting 3th february.

A month ... A quick calculation tells me that theres a bit more than a month to the 3th of February Cool

Danish coming up ...
Men altså ... hvis i først starter til feb ... så er jeg da på igen Wink
så har jeg da også lige et halvt år til at finde ud af, hvad jeg gider at spille Very Happy
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with both Jinxed and Nordmark.

Starting out with 1 reroll is a bad idea even for elves... And to win you need your Wolf to *consistently* blitz your opponent.
Your wolf doesn't have block, so three reroll are the minimum required to have some chance.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I began with this kind of a lineup:

12 Players (620k)
1 Flesh Golem 120k
9 Zombies (always have a spare, fouling is tha way in leagues!) 9x30 = 270k
1 Werewolf 120k
1 Wight 90k

Re-rolls
4x 70k = 280k

FF
9x 10k = 90k

Treasury

My idea is to stockpile on re-rolls while taking the minimum amount of positionals to make me able to win the first few games->money for other positionals. After first match, you should buy a Ghoul (if you feel like you won't get 60k money from first match, take less FF and more tresury). I would prolly buy the remaining positionals in about this order, supposing existing ones don't get killed in the meanwhile: Ghoul, wight, Flesh golem, wolf, ghoul.

One alternative is of course to replace 2 zombies and the 10k from treasury with a Ghoul but I don't like it because 2 players without regen in a 11-player roster is way too fragile and it would also mean you can't foul much with zombies. By maximizing the zombie amount in starting roster you guarantee at least some of them get spps rather quickly (by zombie standards), as more early MVPs go to zombies and they can even try quick passing to the wolf with the re-rolls in the last couple of turns. Then, if you like, you can kick out one of the few SPP-less Zombies whenever you buy a new positional. Although, 30k extra in roster = 3TR more. I would prefer keeping a whole lot of zombies for the dirty tasks (LoS wall, 2dbs, fouling)

With Necros, one should aim for the player advantage. Zombies have av8 and regen, if you have a 12th player to begin with it might look more like 11 vs 6 or 7 in the end of the game. Keep hitting him hard, anyone plays ball with that many rolls. Wink

My beginning tactic was this: Wolf blitzes every single turn (pushback to the audience, whenever possible!), zombies foul with 1-2 supports whenever the eye is not on you (stop doing this when you are down to 10 players!), wight plays ball with a zombie cage around him, flesh golem is a huge wall.

On unnecessary blocks, zombies should take both downs over pushback versus anything with av8 or lower. This gives them some early spps. Zombies have regen, so the odds are on your side even when av is equal. You will also have a huge man advantage by the end of the match, if you keep doing it.

Of course you can create another strategy which suits your playing style more. Smile

Here's my team in question, they have a nice record:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=166366

So far the team has only been challenged; I don't like to search for games. Some human and High Elf coaches thought it would be easy to outscore these slow Necros without that many positionals, using a TR 100 roster to get them some handicaps to help in the progress. They came to regret it.

stormmaster1

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd start with one wolf, especially if you think you can look after him: as you can only blitz once a turn, no matter how many wolves you have. I'd also get two FGs. Whenever i've played against necros, they have really got in the way. With SF, they can stop drives dead. If they get knocked down, when they get up they can use that 1 point of movement to get a slightly petter position in a ruck (if they fail the dodge it doesn't matter). I'd try giving them guard before block, to make sure they are a proper pain in the butt.
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats a lot of positionals to by Karhumies...

Post 12 Posted: Nov 04, 2005 - 09:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont know... But I think the Slackman has the way of it.

I started my team with no FG's at all...

2 wolves 240
2 wights 180
7 zombies 210
4 RR

Just as the slackman said, won more than i lost too...

bunnypuncher has a point though, the wolves hog the points, hell after 4 games I already got one to 31 and the second to 13... still if you get lucky like me your MVP's go to the zombies and you can feed them block... i prefer a well rounded team but you get that. There's something about having two catchers in your team that can mix it with the big boys...

I have one with catch, frenzy, claw, dodge, block and mighty blow (yes rolled a double)... now please anyone want to mess with that?

I plan on making one of my ghouls and one of my wolves diving tacklers to make things interesting...

If you cant have fun with a necro team you may as well give up BB!
 Jump to: