26 coaches online • Server time: 09:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ultwe

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2011 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
jimmyfantastic wrote:
zakatan wrote:
ultwe wrote:
To be Fair to Soultoken, he posted a blog/forum (can't remember which, and his blog is empty), a while back, stating that he would stop playing in the box untill someone else had overtaken JD, as he did not wand JD to remain at the top of the list, after declaring that he wasn't interrested in carrrying on playing after making it to the top

does that make him any better than JD?

Or any worse?
There is nothing wrong with getting to the top then sitting on your rating in my opinion.
I do think there should be an overall and monthly rating, but I think decaying ratings is an absolutely appalling idea.

by the way he said it, Soultoken just didn't want JD to be on top so he just overtook him and did exactly the same. I see a lack of consistency in this move.

The problem here is the same as in the "active players list", crowded with inactive players that never died or retired. But well i presume all was said in the previous 5 pages of this thread i didn't read.

There is a dif...

Soultoken implied that if JD was overtaken by someone else, and placed in 3rd pos, he would start playing again, in the knowledge that if he went down, JD would still not be on top. JD's attitude was more that he wanted to see his name on top, and nothing else...

[Edit for clarification]I will never be ranked in the top 10, so it makes no difference to me Smile [/edit]

π is aproximately 3.142 times better than any other food
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2011 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

To attempt to bring this back around the horn.

1)Having some type of meta game, like Christers idea or a varient, that is "official" would appeal to some coaches.

2)Fleshing out Box Central for me would bring a lot of appeal...Ideas such as: Having a list of the last 20 players who were killed, the list constantly updating. That is just one idea. I like the box central so much that if it was fleshed out some more with cool stats and stuff constantly updating to be current...Heck I would start pinning for that feature to be expanded on for Ranked and League.

3)For the coaches who just have to have some type of standard to claim who is the best....That is only determined by who won the last box major...You can claim you are the ruler of the Box and all of FUMBBL until the next major and you are booted off the mountain. In the end no matter what standard is used to determing ranking of players it will allways be subjective and thus debated with passion.

I personally like the idea of sometype of monthly meta game.... for those who dont care about rankings they just move on and keep playing...just like CR or BBR/BBW are looked at now. Obviously by the first post for some coaches having a dynamic and current ranking of active playes is important. The settle it on the pitch in a box major has appeal to a coach like me.

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2011 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

this thread owns everything yes purplechest 2012, a personal best best displayed for all coaches would be great

also please please please show BBR/BWR on coaches pages that play in B
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2011 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

natty light, aye?

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2011 - 02:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Yey for reposting everything i've already said in another thread! We don't need to see BBR/BWR. just some bands of performance. perhaps ranks or whatever. Seriously, read my other post i put effor tinto that. The indervidual number does need to be shown. And can we just lock some of these old threads.
studmandudebro

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2011 - 03:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Igvy wrote:
Yey for reposting everything i've already said in another thread! We don't need to see BBR/BWR. just some bands of performance. perhaps ranks or whatever. Seriously, read my other post i put effor tinto that. The indervidual number does need to be shown. And can we just lock some of these old threads.

This thread is much better thought out, but yea lock yours sure so we can contain discussion here
t0tem

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2011 - 03:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Sartre would argue that by saying you preffer something (or indeed just accting on a prefference) you are implying that other choices are lesser.

Oh, wrong forum... I came here for an argument!

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2011 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to see top coaches by races played more than anything else.

People moan about diversity and that single change would encourage it more than anything else I can imagine.
t0tem

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2011 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

maznaz wrote:
I would like to see top coaches by races played more than anything else.

People moan about diversity and that single change would encourage it more than anything else I can imagine.

That's a very good idea.
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2011 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

if people are feeling this strong about it i can roll out another woodie team and knock jd off second, let me know.

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2011 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure about BWR formula, but probably its a +0 sum one (no variation to the total of points per player after each change: what u gain is stolen from your opponent), so as more coaches start playing and the expert ones take points from them, there will be a BWR inflation, so that aged results will slowly fade away from top 10.

So i dont see the point about it. You're just staring at that ST5 monster without negatrait and your first thought is "lets give him decay"! But we all know this isnt the right way Very Happy
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2011 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

JockMcRowdy wrote:
if people are feeling this strong about it i can roll out another woodie team and knock jd off second, let me know.

/me lets JockMcRowdy know

edit: except for the fact that JD is in 3rd at the moment. Wow, you're quick!

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2011 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Tarabaralla wrote:
I'm not sure about BWR formula, but probably its a +0 sum one (no variation to the total of points per player after each change: what u gain is stolen from your opponent), so as more coaches start playing and the expert ones take points from them, there will be a BWR inflation, so that aged results will slowly fade away from top 10.

My prophecy did work! I can see the future!!
nin

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2011 - 01:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Sligthy true, but BWR is not +0 sum.
There has allways been a "difficulty" attached to matches so the coach with "advantage" gains less if he wins and losses more in other case.
Sutherlands

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2011 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

That doesn't mean it's not 0 sum. It just means that the numbers are different in the different directions. They still lose/gain the same as the other coach.
 Jump to: