39 coaches online • Server time: 12:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Thanshin

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2010 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

[disclaimer: With all due respect to the current edition and understanding that most of you consider it "the one and true edition". I hope you undertand that us recent coaches don't have any attachment to 4, 5 or 6.]

As the edition change is "close" I find myself unwilling to play some teams that were buffed or changed in a way that would make me feel... Unhappy, about their current version.

- Necros: I'd hate to lose a werewolf and think "In LRB5 he'd have regenned".

- Dark elves: No assassins? That's not dark, that's dawn at most.

- Goblin: If I'm gonna die and lose at least I'll do it with flare and 5 special weapons on the field.

- Norse: From generic team to full developed team wioth their own personality.

- Rotters: Like norse.

I won't ask whether you play or not all races (as more experienced players surely play most) but:
Is there any race you wouldn't start right now because you'd rather wait and start on LRB5?
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2010 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Not really, never played anything besides LRB4 for my entire life.
Skolopender

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2010 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Nopes...

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2010 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Some good rule changes and some bad ones. What is frustrating for many is why take out the rules that work?! That's what makes many so anti.

Rosters for me like you are important. Yay to the new rosters but why remove the old nurgle and norse ones? They were underpowered and would make excellent alternatives.
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2010 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

FUMBBL is on hiatus for me until LRB 6 (or 5) is implemented. I'd rather play Cyanide's game than go back to LRB 4, which gives an indication as to how much I prefer the new rules.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2010 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I have come to term with most changes that the move to LRB5 makes, except for the fouling, the fan factor and the apo.

I will probably moan for a while, that I want to have a chance to defend against a lucky hit on a key player and the question when to use the apo was an interesting one. In the end, it doesn't change that much. If I could upgrade the apo for an additional 50k and 5TV (or more) so it works like the old apo - awesome! That would bring so interesting choices for team management. If you have one or two stars that are key playmakers, get the better apo. Should they die, downgrade again.

DE have been nerfed, just so you know. Assassins are only sometimes useful, runners are inferiors to throwers and - no here is the real nerf - witches have to roll to block from being prone and they no longer have two traits, but two mere skills. Everyone and their mother can now get frenzy. Which is seriously lame.
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2010 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

RandomOracle wrote:
FUMBBL is on hiatus for me until LRB 6 (or 5) is implemented. I'd rather play Cyanide's game than go back to LRB 4, which gives an indication as to how much I prefer the new rules.

Wow! That is a bit extreme.
You could at least play BOTOCS while you are waiting Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2010 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I am also waiting for LRB 5/6 and probably won't play much more on FUMBBL until Kalimar's client has result uploading (OK I did lose a whole bunch of games lately and that has put me off as well!).

I did buy Cyanide's client, but don't play it much because

A) I have to reboot from my preferred Ubuntu into Windows

and

B) The loading times are really painful.

Oscar Wilde
f_alk

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2010 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the new apo: for Kills, the chance to fail (meaning "stays dead") is the same as before. If you are only BH, then the new apo is better than the old apo, as he will never fail then. I also like that the player is removed from the pitch and patched up outside. Even better: Hiring more Apos as inducements or if you are undead hire oyur Igor.

And I like the loss of importance of the Fan Factor. A mere difference of 5 (which even in closed leagues happens quickly) would lead to a massive bias in kick of rolls already. Now it is better.

PS: Go BOTOCS, I wonder if Deaf could forget his source code on someones desk, so ppl who have not signed a C&D Letter could work on it.
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2010 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Edition change "close"? I'll believe it when I see it. Also, making teams is free of charge and I expect it to be the same after the version change.

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2010 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

How about the opposite effect: playing teams in LRB4 that aren't going to be as fun in LRB5/6?

Examples are khemri and ogres who are both getting signifcantly worse
bitesize

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2010 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I was unaware that Fumbbl would ever be anything except LRB4. When is this happening?
Thanshin

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2010 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

clarkin wrote:
How about the opposite effect: playing teams in LRB4 that aren't going to be as fun in LRB5/6?

Examples are khemri and ogres who are both getting signifcantly worse

Indeed. I'm playing undead before mummies lose direct access to block.

However, I'm playing dwarves even without their lrb5 big guy.

I wonder how hard an impact is losing the troll on CDs.
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2010 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

bitesize wrote:
I was unaware that Fumbbl would ever be anything except LRB4. When is this happening?

They must have very large rocks in New York.

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2010 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

They must have very large rocks in New York.

Actually I think The Rock is in San Francisco Bay Very Happy

Also, I sometimes disappear from Fumbbl for months/years at a time. So yes, a very large rock!
 Jump to: