17 coaches online • Server time: 05:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2010 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Reroll:

Wraith wrote:
bloodweiser babe

I like these ones.
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2010 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Wraith: basically I'd like to have any style at all Smile That is icons that really fit together not a strange mixture of different sources / styles / types.
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2010 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the bribe looks like he is giving the money because we read from left to right. I bet if you just fliiped the image 180 degrees it would look like he was taking it.
Wraith

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2010 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

freak_in_a_frock wrote:
I think the bribe looks like he is giving the money because we read from left to right. I bet if you just fliiped the image 180 degrees it would look like he was taking it.

Like so...

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2010 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Wraith wrote:
freak_in_a_frock wrote:

Like so...

Why not just add a hand underneath, change the "giving" hand to remove the stripes on the sleeve, and put stripes on the sleeve of the "taking" hand?

(maybe also make the "giving" hand smaller, and green)
Wraith

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2010 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
Wraith: basically I'd like to have any style at all Smile That is icons that really fit together not a strange mixture of different sources / styles / types.

Unfortunately, unless you have a graphic designer make the icons from scratch, it will not completely fit within the same style/theme.

My skill set is not so much drawing, but more taking already existing images and manipulating them to my needs. I mean I could model and texture things with maya and then convert a render to a 30x30 icon, but that would be ludicrous amount of time spent to make a pretty cool icon.

I'll try and keep my submissions as close to the same style/theme as possible. My feelings won't be hurt if they aren't used, I'm just trying to be helpful. For example, I didn't bother with a reroll icon because I like WhatBall's version.

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2010 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

maysrill wrote:
Wraith wrote:
freak_in_a_frock wrote:

Like so...

Why not just add a hand underneath, change the "giving" hand to remove the stripes on the sleeve, and put stripes on the sleeve of the "taking" hand?

(maybe also make the "giving" hand smaller, and green)

There's not a lot of room to work with. If you make things too small, you lose definition. If it's too busy, it gets cluttered looking. Etc..

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2010 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I would make the icons more "iconic" (symbolic) rather than adding more detail or being more realistic. WhatBall's ReRoll icon is a good example for that.

Forgot the wizard btw. -> edited in the list above.
On1

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2010 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Wraith wrote:
freak_in_a_frock wrote:

Like so...

Remember to flip the $ symbol also, lol Razz
On1

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2010 - 11:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyway, perhaps it would be better if the icons had a small background, like if u roll a block dice in the client, currently it has a white square as background. I think it makes the gfx soft for the eyes. Just an idea O_o
adambomb

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2010 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

i like whatball's apoth icon too. it and the reroll look like they could belong to the same style...
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2010 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

The apothecary could be a wet sponge. Anybody who has played football knows a wet sponge (and maybe some ice packs) fixes the most serious looking injury.

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2010 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Bribe: Image

it's 30x30. if you like it I can play with the color of the 'gold' to make it gleam more

could also have a green $ added to mesh with whatball's reroll icon more
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2010 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe. kind of like that one. can u make it more shiny? or do it with green dollar notes?
Chingis

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2010 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Tell me what red-blooded male wouldn't want a piece of this:

Phwoar!!

Wink
 Jump to: