73 coaches online • Server time: 20:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2011 - 08:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Obviously this is low priority compared to a lot of other stuff that is still in the works - I don't even know how feasible it'd be. I just want to throw it out there:

Making the use of Dirty Player optional if armour is not broken, but the use of DP would allow it to be.

There, just wanted to air that (it's been up before, but couldn't find it suggested in forum form).

Obviously this is primarily in order to indirectly buff Sneaky Git, so perhaps only make it an option if the player also has Sneaky Git, if the goal is to minimize the amount of necessary pop-ups?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2011 - 08:20 Reply with quote Back to top

why?

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2011 - 08:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah would be nice with a pop up if the player got both dirty player and sneaky git and rolled a double on armour and didn't break armour.

Why? To have the option to forego an injury roll but not get banned.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
dode74

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2011 - 09:24 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
why?
So you can choose not to get sent off if you have Sneaky Git, roll doubles, and using DP would cause AV to break.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2011 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

would make it a bit op

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2011 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
would make it a bit op

Very Happy
Odium_Khan

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2011 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, technically the tabletop rules are already implemented that way, so would make sense if FB client and FUMBBL did the same.
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2011 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

DP should just be implemented to always be optional. There are other situations where you might not want to use it--
- If you didn't roll a doubles on armor, but don't want to risk a doubles injury roll if DP has already been squandered, because of some sensitive board situation.
- If you need to have the body on the pitch as an obstacle, or chain-push fodder.
- If you want to avoid a KO so you can try again next turn for a casualty.

On a mildly-related note-- why is Pass optional? I cannot, for the life of me, understand any situation where you would not want to use it. Maybe someone with more imagination can enlighten me.
blader4411

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2011 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

@Cameronhawkins:

If you've passed but missed, and have safe throw, you can simply hold onto the ball. On the contrary, if you RR and it's a difficult pass, you can easily fumble the ball and turn yourself over. In this situation, what you do depends on if the pass lets you score, and whether the needed roll is worth the risk.

-Blader
BlizzBirne

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2011 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

pass is optional because rerolling on a miss of a 6+ pass (lets say you rolled a 4) will lead to scattering from the target field, but rerolling could lead to a fumble. please keep the optional character on pass, i think it is crucial!

on the dp-issue: i don't think the application of the bonus is actually considered in the LRB6 rule text. it says:
"Dirty Player (General)
A player with this skill has trained long and hard to learn every dirty trick
in the book. Add 1 to any Armour roll or Injury roll made by a player with
this skill when they make a Foul as part of a Foul Action. Note that you
may only modify one of the dice rolls, so if you decide to use Dirty Player
to modify the Armour roll, you may not modify the Injury roll as well."

this does not contain any option character (just as with accurate for example). in my eyes, re-rolling can be optional, bonus cannot.

hm. but you can choose not to use it on armour roll actually, now that i read it again more carefully. hmmm. don't see that this selection would make sense though.

Last edited by BlizzBirne on %b %11, %2011 - %10:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2011 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

You can always choose not to use a skill unless otherwise stated (as is the case with Frenzy).

EDIT: Page 23 under SKILLS

4. Skill use is not mandatory
BlizzBirne

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2011 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

RedFish wrote:
You can always choose not to use a skill unless otherwise stated (as is the case with Frenzy).

that actually is true. but who wants so many clicks if they are practically unnecessary? i do not quite see the point of the suggestion, if you foul, then you want to break armor. if you are afraid of the double on injury, don't foul in the first place ... you have all the optionality you need there.
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2011 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

If you have Sneaky Git, you ignore doubles if you don't break armour. Hence there are times when you want to opt not to break armour. Not really sure how that isn't obvious. I can certainly see more situations where I'd want to consider using DP than I can see why I would not want to use Fend which I get prompted about all the time. The only time I would not want to use Fend is if I'm getting blocked by a Frenzy player and then most of the time I'd probably still use it!

EDIT: Cameron posted other cases that are also highly valid.

Last edited by MiBasse on %b %11, %2011 - %10:%Nov; edited 2 times in total
dode74

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2011 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not the double on injury that is the issue.

Fouling an AV8 player with your DP/SG player. You roll double 4. If you use DP you get sent off and if you don't then armour is not broken and your fouler stays on.
BlizzBirne

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2011 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

i seriously imagine more cases for fend where optionality makes sense, but this is not the point here.

in combo with sneaky git and a double on armour without breaking it whereas DP would make it break - ok. this goes only for the case when a player has SG and DP and has rolled 3 3 on a av6, 4 4 on a av8 or 5 5 on a av10. rare cases, but ok. i was just against the unnecessary clicks to do as suggested by cameronhawkings (make DP generally optional).
 Jump to: