44 coaches online • Server time: 10:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
stej

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2010 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

While we are currently all testing the client and submitting bugs it has occured to me that it will take lots and lots of games until teams start getting usual / unusual skill combinations. As a result these bugs may go unnoticed until well after the client has been tested and come out of beta.

As a suggestion, might it be worthwhile for a select few to be allowed to create and test teams with several skill setups from the get go with the proviso that these teams get removed after the client leaves beta?

I'm no expert on the rules but I suspect there are some complicated but useful combo's ot there which would take teams 50+ games to get to.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2010 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

A shadowing, tentacles, diving tackle, prehensile tail player would be good to test.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Koigokoro

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2010 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I was wondering if Side Step + Shadowing combo has been tested?

It should allow you to enter the blocking players starting square.
Archevol

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2010 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

??? Should it? I thought SS was movement into a free square... in a blitz situation, the follow up would not occur until the blocked player had already vacated surely?
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2010 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe just get a few Stars created with unusual stats, that way it will still be outside the client.
Koigokoro

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2010 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Archevol wrote:
??? Should it? I thought SS was movement into a free square... in a blitz situation, the follow up would not occur until the blocked player had already vacated surely?

Yes. First pushed SS+Shadowing player Side Steps next to the blocker, then the blocker follows leaving one of the SS+Shadowing player's Tackle Zones and Shadowing can be used.

Hit this at talkfantasyfootball.org Smile
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2010 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

you can't shadow on a block followup....

--j

ImageImage
Koigokoro

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2010 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:

--j

In CRP/LRB6, you can Shadow any movement made by a player performing an Action.
Optihut

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2010 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Koigokoro wrote:
shadow46x2 wrote:

--j

EDIT: I misunderstood the scenario, never mind. Still, I'm not sure whether a follow up after a block would count as movement, since it does not use up any MA. Proper rules lawyering would have to be done, but I lack the time to do so.
Koigokoro

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2010 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Optihut wrote:
Koigokoro wrote:
shadow46x2 wrote:

--j

EDIT: I misunderstood the scenario, never mind. Still, I'm not sure whether a follow up after a block would count as movement, since it does not use up any MA. Proper rules lawyering would have to be done, but I lack the time to do so.

Shadowing is supposed to work on players moving by follow ups, the combo with Side Step sounds queer at first but is quite logical after you think about it.

Here's the original topic link:
http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=27597&hilit=shadowing+side+step
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2010 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

wow...that's some pretty liberal interpretation of the rules, don't you think?...and linking a thread that has zero official viewpoints, other than more people liberally misinterpreting the rules, is hardly a valid resource for citation...

and no...it's not "logical"...following up is not an action....following up is a optional step taken as part of the block action....

but since you've already used TBB...i'll one up you with the rulebook...

Quote:
Shadowing (General)
The player may use this skill when a player performing an Action on the
opposing team moves out of any of his tackle zones for any reason.

from page 8 of LRB4 ...Player actions include: Move, Block, Blitz, Pass
from page 7 of LRB5...Player actions include: Move, Block, Blitz, Pass..and even clarify two more actions..hand-off, foul...

notice that "followup" is not any of these actions....

to be fair....LRB5 clarifies that it is to be done when "performing an action"...LRB4 does not make such clarification...

but then again, the clarification was probably made after the BBRC saw people like you trying to exploit flaws in the rules, whereas anyone with any common sense would know what the intention was...

god i love these "let's intentionally misinterpret the rules" threads...

--j

ImageImage

Last edited by shadow46x2 on %b %25, %2010 - %00:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Prinz

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2010 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

It doesn't make sense on any level.
you're shadowing someone who's actively punching you in the face?

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2010 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

&hilit
shadow46x2 wrote:
notice that "followup" is not any of these actions....

god i love these "let's intentionally misinterpret the rules" threads...

--j

Shadowing46x2: You are disagreeing that followups of blocks can be shadowed in CRP/LRB6?

Another TBB link for ya then Smile http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26961&hilit=shadowing
http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=26900=Shadowing

The first link had Ian as your official viewpoint person.

A followup happens as a part of Block or Blitz Actions and is movement by the Active player thus it can be shadowed. I think this is correct even in the Cyanide BB.

Optihut: The shadowing of your Blocker ofc can happen only if you are still standing after the block and Side Stepped to a position where the blocker leaves one of your eight Tackle Zones when he does the followup.

Last edited by Koigokoro on %b %25, %2010 - %01:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2010 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

i'm still waiting for the point where you show me in the LRB where it defines "followup" as an action...

http://www.cyanide-studio.com/forumBB/viewtopic.php?p=203931#p203931 is the only list of changes i've been able to find regarding LRB6, and there was a list on fumbbl as well...

but to my recollection, i don't recall either ever stating that "followup" was changed to an action....

but please, feel free to continue posting the fael that is TBB as your "proof"

--j

ImageImage
Koigokoro

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2010 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
i'm still waiting for the point where you show me in the LRB where it defines "followup" as an action...

but please, feel free to continue posting the fael that is TBB as your "proof"

--j

Umm, follow up is always a part of Block or Blitz Action if the blocking player chooses to follow up. Are we really arguing about this or are you trolling me?

CRP: " Follow Up Moves: A player who has made a block is allowed to make a special follow up move and occupy a square vacated by the player that he has pushed back"
 Jump to: