21 coaches online • Server time: 08:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Teluriel

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2010 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Hej there,

I've been looking at a new team for real life tournaments (yeah, those exist too Wink).
I want to be able to compete with the top dogs and most tournaments are in this format:

1.1K to spend
ressurection
2 skills (random) after each match, sometimes you get to pick the player.

The two teams i'm doubting on are:

- chaos dwarves
- orcs

I have some skill at bloodbowl and above average skill with dwarves...
Could you give me your insights on which team you would take (most competitive) and why?

Cheers guys Wink
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2010 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Moved!

Orcs are probably better. The random skills can't land on a bad player. A bunch of skilled up Hobbos won't do you any good.
JuggyBC

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2010 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Ressurection, does that mean you get all your players back for your next match?

If so i would start with low FF and play something like woodies or skaven
Grod

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2010 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos Dwarves FTW!

I think Chaos Dwarves are one of the strongest races, good against bashers and agility alike. They do require some careful tactics though.

The main problem is to get your hands on some nice Bull Centaur models (2 X Hthark is a bit lame).

Oscar Wilde
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2010 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

At 110, you get 2 RRs with the 'standard' build. And then if you have to spread random skills, Blocking Hobbos whilst better teams are running around? Not good. Orcs have the advantage that wherever the rolls land is fine.

If you could choose skills and ger a Leader in there, sure, CDs are fine.
Grod

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2010 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, if I could choose ANY team I liked, I would go with Chaos Pact!

But yes, expensive re-rolls is the balancing mechanism for keeping Chaos Dwarves from being too powerful.

Oscar Wilde
Teluriel

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2010 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

At 1.1 K you have three hobgoblins i think; it would be bad luck to have all the skill ups land on them Wink Even if one lands on them: sure hands is not that bad.

Orcs have a tendency to loose to agility teams because they lack tackle and they are slow: (with no gobbos) only 4 players with move 6. Lets turn this around: say i want to have a shot at tourneys and the following teams are forbidden to take (amazon, undead, dwarves, wood elves) which team would you think is competitive enough to reach that goal...
SillySod

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2010 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Normally chaos dwarfs have the edge. However, the random skills are going to push the orcs just that little bit over the chaos dwarfs. Theres not much difference in performance between the two teams. Your own coaching ability and habits are going to make the biggest difference between the races and its kind of hard for us to evaluate that for you Razz

Just go with whichever you like most.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Teluriel

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2010 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, as to my coaching skills: i'm an above average dwarf coach reeling the belgian championship at one point. I'd like a controlling kind of play i guess: no freaky skaven/wood elfs plays Wink (DEATH and MAYHEM)
Lets say that during some rounds you get to choose some skills (not all, some) then the chaos dwarfs would have the upper hand, no?
Ancre

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2010 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks to me like you want to play chaos dwarfs Wink
Teluriel

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2010 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

No actually I'm looking to play Orcs Wink. I think both teams have lots of flavour and I think Orcs handle casualties best as well...they have more strength to go around, more rerolls, etc.
I'm just looking for different opinions Wink
Optihut

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2010 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Out of the two I'd be leaning towards orcs.
Teluriel

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2010 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod, if your looking for nice bull centaurs:

tyr Gaspez miniatures: they have a very nice chaos dwarf team (although the hobgoblins are not to my liking)...
 Jump to: