21 coaches online • Server time: 02:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
maysrill

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2010 - 04:09 Reply with quote Back to top

svemole wrote:
The fact that you wount be able to keep the teams you starting in LRb5 is probably keeping both newbies and oldies away from LRB5 atm. The client is working very fine now. I think maybe fix all team related skills that missing (as I understand it bloodlust is already under work and then its basically decay thats missing?) and then let coaches start teams that wont be removed. Think that would realy kickoff the LRB5 activity.

It's the main reason I don't play much LRB5 yet.
Resarf

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2010 - 04:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I feel presumptuous but is there a tentative official "unveiling" date?
badgertheking

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2010 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Just played a LRB5 team.

The client is awful.

Having to select pass before you move is terrible.

I'll stick with LRB4.

This is the kind of thing the community dos not need, a lack of will to try, accept and enjoy.
The client is great and the pass thing is the rules, dont be a noob and help embrace the community instead.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2010 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome aboard icedcrow! I think you'll enjoy your stay.

Thanks for the feedback from everyone. One change we could do easily is rename [d5] to [ffb]. There is still a lot of confusion over the ruleset.

And selecting pass before an action is a huge improvement.
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2010 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

cthol wrote:
ummm... you do know that in LRB4 rules you should have to declare the pass first as well? that it's just a bug in the java client that allows you do it after? Of course you knew. You read the release notes, right? and the LRB4 rules you got in the box. Of the Game. Which you own... Wink

didn't you know that "exploiting a bug in the client" is a punishable offence as per the rules of fumbbl. As such, all coaches had to declare the pass actions in chat, before selecting the player!

Shocked

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2010 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

badgertheking wrote:
Just played a LRB5 team.

The client is awful.

Having to select pass before you move is terrible.

I'll stick with LRB4.

This is the kind of thing the community dos not need, a lack of will to try, accept and enjoy.
The client is great and the pass thing is the rules, dont be a noob and help embrace the community instead.

I think having to select pas sis fine, it is a little annoying at first, but after you fail to remember twice you shouldn't again, at least I haven't again.

Personally there are a lot of rules I'm not a fan of in LRB6, but having played a fair few games on the new client I can confirm that the client at least is a vast improvement. The games are much much quicker and the controls are far more intuitive after a few games. I would recommend you not to dismiss it yet and instead play 10 games on it then feedback your opinions.
I personally love it and I was one of the most sceptical people on this site, I thought I would really hate it but I am big enough to admit I was wrong and on all accounts it is excellent.
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2010 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

svemole wrote:
The fact that you wount be able to keep the teams you starting in LRb5 is probably keeping both newbies and oldies away from LRB5 atm. The client is working very fine now. I think maybe fix all team related skills that missing (as I understand it bloodlust is already under work and then its basically decay thats missing?) and then let coaches start teams that wont be removed. Think that would realy kickoff the LRB5 activity.

As i see it, if people are going to let their LRB4 teams to convert to ffb, i don't see any reason why we should not be allowed to keep our testing-teams.

The testing teams have earned SPP and stuff due to bugs and cheating, but they will still be more in line with the rules than the converted teams.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2010 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Lakrillo wrote:
The testing teams have earned SPP and stuff due to bugs and cheating, but they will still be more in line with the rules than the converted teams.

Which reminds me, I need to get a LOT more games in with my Vamps before the next patch. Very Happy
RedDevilCG

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2010 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Same with Nurgle and Khemri teams, decay should be coming soon!
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2010 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Resarf wrote:
I feel presumptuous but is there a tentative official "unveiling" date?

I would guess on the next FUMBBL birthday.
MrStick

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2010 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

do we have an estimaed "go live date" will there be rankings etc. I would imagine once it goes live that lrb4 ranked would cease?
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2010 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know about any given dates, but as for change-over, I would like to see something like:

- announce the FFB client is replacing the old one 1 month in advance
- convert all Ranked/Box/Academy/Stunty* teams over when FFB goes 'live'
- Give the leagues a 2-3 month grace period so they can finish out seasons and then move them over.

The last thing we need is any legacy division on old rules.

*Stunty I have no idea about regarding the FFB client. It may be stunty has to remain on the old client until the new one can handle the stunty teams.
On1

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2010 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

MrStick wrote:
do we have an estimaed "go live date" will there be rankings etc. I would imagine once it goes live that lrb4 ranked would cease?

Mrstick you do realize you can test the client as we speak yeah? I am asking because none of your teams are [lrb5] O_o
 Jump to: