21 coaches online • Server time: 02:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gandresch

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2010 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

every time i start the client to spectate a game, i have to download about 60-70 icons. I propose to establish an additional cache (.jar), which includes the most common player icons.
At this moment, the FantasyFootballClientResources.jar includes a lot of pictures, the sounds, the fields and so on. Why not put in the basic icons for all the teams.
Of course, this would be more effort to download in the first place (let's say 100kb), but downloading the icons all the time must amortise it pretty fast.

Additionally i would appreciate, if there are several files including the resources. If you split up the sound, the fields, the icons and so on in several files, a customization would be far more easy to handle.

Greets,
gan
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2010 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Does it really take that long for the game to load for you?

I don't find that its an issue

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2010 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

In fact that is planned for already, just not that hight up on the list. Splitting up does NOT allow for customization however, as there is no local install nor will there be.
gandresch

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2010 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

at first, the download doesn't take long Smile
I just try to improve the work of the client - the efficiency - with some own ideas.
I know, that their will not be an installation of the client, although java caches the downloaded jars on each of our machines. Therefor the idea of having several "mods" isn't that absurd as it sounds. Instead of linking to FantasyFootballClientResources.jar in the jnlp, it would be easy to make some official sections, where different mods can be viewed by fumbbl users, who then say in their settings on the page, that they don't want to use FantasyFootballClientResources.jar, but the FantasyFootballClientResources_mod_by_xyz.jar, which is an working version of someone else. Then only the jnlp has to be changed, which whouldn't be that problematic to realize.

Greets,
gan
 Jump to: