28 coaches online • Server time: 14:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Emberglow

Post 9 Posted: Jan 31, 2004 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Augh!

I thought myself clever to take the handicap "buzzing" for my treeman. Wooo, now he's gonna jump up and thrash those brutal orcs to pulp! Except he didn't! He did get a jump up trait but had still roll for "i'm-fallen-and-I-can't-get-up". Imagine my disappointment. And imagine the disappointment of my team for getting a serious beating from those savages while my treeman was struggling to get on his roots.

Treeman himself got fouled to av-1 (apothecary saved)
Lineman in MNG
Another got a niggler
and my most experienced catcher dead dead dead.

please fix it! for the memory of Alati Valppaana, died in his prime with 58 SPP
UHI

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2004 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Well i know i am pretty new but as far as i got the rules this is not a bug. Jump up only means that you dont need mv to stand up and that you are able to perform all actions as if you where standing at the beginning of the round. It does not in any way prevent any other test-rolls you have to make (like bone head, wild animal and so on).

So i fear its just a missunderstanding and no bug Sad

Comfort on your losses though.
cusi

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2004 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

jump up should work the reason trees need to roll to stand is because it costs three ma to stand and they have 2, any ma 2 player would hae to make that roll to stand, but jump up should counter that since indeed it allows ou to stand without rolling for move

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2004 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I do agree with cusi here.
Treemen should be able to stand up with no roll when they have Jump Up, because the need for the roll comes from their 2 MA and nothing else.
And that should be a nasty surprise for the opponent !

But I can understand pretty well that this is a very very particular point of detail that was not takne into account by Ski as this handicap result is the only way a treeman is ever going to have Jump Up (it being an Agility trait and treemen not having access to Agility traits, even on a double), unless there is a sudden rules review with Jump Up.
Barash

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2004 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Could an admin place this in the correct forum?
this is obviously a JavaBBowl Client -> Bugs and Problems issue

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2004 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

On that note, as my elven opponent found to his cost, there is apparently still a bug with greased shoe. After the first half it is supposed to return to normal. However, instead of returing his agil from 1 to 5, it changed it to 0 where it stayed for the rest of the game. And I won said game because he tried to make a pass with that catcher.
Barash

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2004 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Btw: Bug's need to be reported here: http://bugs.fumbbl.com/

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2004 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Greased shoes is fixed again for the next patch already. So no need for a bug report on that.

Mirror - http://javabbowl.no-ip.org
Mirror - http://home.austin.rr.com/javabbowl
Emberglow

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2004 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Barash wrote:
Btw: Bug's need to be reported here: http://bugs.fumbbl.com/

Bugzilla went way over my head. Trying to get the hang of it is too much trouble over a minor flaw. Go ahead, call me a bonehead Embarassed

What's the use of this board then? I thought i read the topic was Bugs & Problems. I think you should change the name or the odds are you're gonna continue to get bug reports posted here...

P.S. I'm grateful to SkiJunkie who has made it possible for me to play BB more often, faster, with greater variety of coaches than is possible with the board game. Thanks man!
poodle-man

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2004 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I am pretty sure i read somewhere that tree's fallen down and cant get up thingy is a trait of tree's irrespective of their mv. And on that note, what happens if a dwarf long beard for instance, gets -mv twice? Does he now need assistance to stand up? Anyway, i could be wrong so feel free to ignore this completley.

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2004 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

the tree move is related to mv. if a mummy gets mv gimped then he'll have to roll too. jump up bypasses the standup.
 Jump to: