41 coaches online • Server time: 14:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
On1

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2010 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

This is probably a site issue and therefore probably posted in the wrong section.

I find it a bit lame that you can upload a picture that takes up entire field... Wouldn't it be better if there were some restrictions?

I have drawn a yellow box suggesting where a logo could be placed, and what the max size could be:

Ss is taken from a random [F] game being played as we speak.

Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2010 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

No, don't come with ideas that ruin big logos.

When Christer decides that we can grandfather teams from lrb4 to FBB i don't whant my purple worm to be cropped and ruined.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2010 - 02:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think it is an issue since you can turn them off if you don't want to see it.
avien

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2010 - 02:41 Reply with quote Back to top

that's not a logo, that's a logo with a very oversized, ugly and uneccesary background.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2010 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

If the background was cut and it was saved as a .gif on a transparent background, it would fit perfectly in your yellow box. It would also look really cool on the team page too.

I'd gladly do it for him, but it seems he's removed the logo since your post.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2010 - 08:22 Reply with quote Back to top

That logo isn't so bad. I've seen team logos that cover part of the opponent's side. So I do agree there should be a limit. Since the portraits gets resized to fit in the new client, maybe Kalimar can implement logo resizing too?

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2010 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Well ok.. that logo was from a random match i connected to, just to get a screenshot of something... Yes that particular logo could be altered to match both the field and his team page.

Shraaaa(enough a's?)g covers my point very well. Thank you.
RedDevilCG

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2010 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Might make it easier for less technical people to get a logo to look nice, but there is currently the option to not display team logos so it's not a big deal.
Araushnar

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2010 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

pizzamogul wrote:
If the background was cut and it was saved as a .gif on a transparent background, it would fit perfectly in your yellow box. It would also look really cool on the team page too.

Well i actually didn´t remove the logo. Its still on my team page. But i have absolutly no idea how to reshape it or put it on a transparent background. Your help would be welcome.
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2010 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

pizzamogul wrote:

If there is no text in the box next to the logo, the logo is not visible for anyone but the team owner... Dunno why.

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2010 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Araushnar wrote:
pizzamogul wrote:

Well i actually didn´t remove the logo. Its still on my team page. But i have absolutly no idea how to reshape it or put it on a transparent background. Your help would be welcome.

Get a photo and picture editing tool. For example Gimp (its the freeware equivalent of photoshop). Make a new image with transparent background. Paste your old logo. Use a magic wand tool to select all the black. Delete it. Resize image. Save.
gandresch

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2010 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

would it be a problem to define an area for each team and resize the logo (by the client), so that it fits the area.
Example for an area of 300x300:
Logo is 1000x450 and would be resized to 300x135 while a
logo with 160x400 would be resized to 120x300 and a
logo with 200x300 wouldn't be resized at all.

After that the people would rapidly start to cut the unneccessary stuff out of their logos Smile

Greets,
gan
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2010 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

gandresch wrote:
Hi,

would it be a problem to define an area for each team and resize the logo (by the client), so that it fits the area.
Example for an area of 300x300:
Logo is 1000x450 and would be resized to 300x135 while a
logo with 160x400 would be resized to 120x300 and a
logo with 200x300 wouldn't be resized at all.

After that the people would rapidly start to cut the unneccessary stuff out of their logos Smile

Seconded!

Jump to: