59 coaches online • Server time: 23:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2010 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys,

from now on I will start a separate feedback thread for new releases containing major improvements to the client. This is the first one of those threads. I would like to hear the goods and bads apart from bug reports, as well as new ideas, discussing features etc.

So what do you think of the new test mode? What kind of use does it have for you? Have you tried playing one of your teams vs. a team of someone else with the trick mentioned in the Release Notes?

I welcome any constructive criticism.

Greetings, Kalimar
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2010 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I have already either re-confirmed bugs or confirmed bugs closed (i.e the no kick off bug is now fixed) The test mode makes this so much easier. I will probably use it to look for weird skill clashes too, ones that are not likely to be picked (i.e. mighty blow and chainsaw shouldn't stack etc.) All looks good and stable so far.

edit:- Oh and i forgot, there is one feature that would be nice, although i am not sure it is possible. Is there anyway that the 'open games' list could be accessed when spectating, so that you can switch games without closing the client?
On1

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2010 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I would just like to point out that the test: thingy is wicked! it enabled me to find a new bug... Now i can on a clickedy clickedy adventure without wasting my opponents time Wink Great work Kalimar!
Eddy

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2010 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone,

it looks peachy, but I've tried spectating a few games, and it never worked. I download the java file, the client launches, I identify and join the game, download the icon, and then, nothing. I usually can see the first action, such as "XXX makes a Block action" or "XXX makes a Move action" and that's it, the game hangs.

I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit and Sun's Java.

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2010 - 08:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Test mode works wonders. Bug hunting / closing is should be a much easier process now. Thanks for this Smile

One layout suggestion:

At least for me the player stats are too far up in the sidebar. I usually notice too late that someone has stat increases or decreases. Could the stat be moved down to the top of the skills list? Pics to show what I mean

Now:
Suggestion:

-Douglas Adams
On1

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2010 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Janzki, that has been suggested earlier. Some people liked it, some disliked it.

It would be cool if it was an option in the client instead. So you could toggle it on/off, that way everyone would be happy. (well kalimar not so much, since he would be the one programming it.)
Janzki

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2010 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok. For me it would make more sense to have all the important information packed together. We'll see what happens.

-Douglas Adams
Cyrus-Havoc

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2010 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Used it to test a bug. Was great to be able to use another players team so I had the right situation and being able to select the dice roll made it quick & easy to test the bug.

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2010 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Me too, it worked really well, I was very impressed with how easy it was to do. I also love how most of the player pics are implemented. I think the bugs are going to start coming in thick and fast now.

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2010 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Even thicker and faster? Noooooo, I'm dooooooomed ... *runsawayscreaming*
 Jump to: