55 coaches online • Server time: 21:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gandresch

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2010 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

injury/KO/banned boy is now seperated from the reserve box. Why is this so?
Let's make some calculations on that:
3 player fit into one row.
We have 6 categories (KO, BH, SI, Dead, Banned, Reserve)

An average team has about 15 players, which use up to 9 rows of the page at most (calculation comes bolow this).

A team has at the most 33 players (lol), i think. The missings are not counted and therefor not displayed in the client. You can hire 2 stars and 16 usual linos with 15 positions, if you have an orc team. I think orc teams have the most possible players. The idea is, that you have 16 players at the start of the match and you may induce the other 17 per inducement or cash (which is possible).
What can happen:
- All players in one box: 11 rows
- Players split up in all boxes (which are 6 available). I come to the result, that you have to fill every row with 1 or 4 players, to receive 1 or 2 rows. Then it doesn't matter, how you split it up. The main thing is, that every row has (mod 3)=1 player in it. So we get 6 rows for 1 player in each row, have 27 players left, which fit in 9 rows, which makes 15 rows at maximum.

The table is made for let's say 9 rows.
In all the time, i play BB in LRB5 or 6, i never seen a team have more than 18 players (Gobos). If you split them up, you receive 6+4 rows. At this point, the banned players can't be seen, when the boxes are filled with the optimal ratio. Something i could live with, when setting up my players.

Therefor, why don't you put the boxes all on one page and build in a scroll bar for the case, it won't fit. There are very little situations, where you need more than those 9-10 rows. If the players in the boxes were put a bit tighter, then the problem would be solved easily.

Besides that, you could then display the stats of a player of the blue team on the right and from the red team on the left. This would be great Wink

Greets,
gan
Ullakkomorko

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2010 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I like this idea if it can be made to work. This would make the screen less cluttered and give a better overview of the team during the match.

And to make this easier to implement, a team can only have 16 rostered players. If an orc team takes all the positionals (troll, 4 BOB's, 4 blitzers, 2 throwers, 4 goblins) it can only have one lineorc. However, mercenaries are unlimited, which is a bit silly, so an orc team might have, in a very theoretical situation, 31 players on the reserves box (but in this instance no star players since they're capped at 16 roster slots).

Edit: Wrote pitch instead of reserves box

Last edited by Ullakkomorko on %b %13, %2010 - %19:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
gandresch

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2010 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

16 players would make 6+4 = 10 rows

oh, and 18 (+2 stars) would make 10, too Very Happy
Cevap

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2010 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Ullakkomorko, 31 players on the pitch? I somehow don't see that one happening very often. Wink
gandresch

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2010 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

i mistakenly thought, you could buy all available player positions (which for orc are 31) during the Inducement phase. But actually you can't buy more than 16 while the MN players do not count. Sorry, my fault. This makes it a bit easier, doesn't it Wink

Greets,
gan
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2010 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I really like the division between reserves and the guys that are out for the game. This gives the tab a number how many that are available, so you can quickly see that next drive will be 11 vs 8.

And i don't see how the argument that having more things on one screen will make a screen less cluttered...
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2010 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

This has been discussed before:
http://www.fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=18036&start=120

I already calculated the maximum number of rows and it is 9 rows for 17 players. There are 6 groups (reserve, KO, BH, SI, RIP, and Banned), each can have 1 player for a total of 6 players/rows. Take 9 more players and fill 3 groups with 3 players to get 9 rows (minimum 4 players to make a second row). The remaining 2 players can not make any row longer (wrap) so 9 is the maximum.

I am working on a proposal for Kalimar to see if it possible to easily do one dugout. I think the numbers all work, just need to mock it and present it to him. In the end it is up to him though.

Edit: The idea still includes keeping track of the number of reserves, out, and on field.
gandresch

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2010 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

you forget, that 3 players in 3 rows make 9, but 17-6 = 11 Wink

and you can hire 2 stars not only one
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2010 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

gandresch wrote:
you forget, that 3 players in 3 rows make 9, but 17-6 = 11 Wink

and you can hire 2 stars not only one

Edit: see below, a picture is much clearer.

17 is the max number of players as stars can not take you above 16, including Brick & Grotty. The only way to 17 is with the card that allows the extra player to run on the pitch. So 9 rows is enough. Smile

Last edited by WhatBall on %b %13, %2010 - %16:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2010 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Max 9 rows for 17 players:

==Reserve==
1 2 3
==KO==
5 6 7
==BH==
9 10 11
==SI==
==RIP==
==Banned==

The remaining players (16 & 17) can not be placed anywhere that would make another row.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2010 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

The idea I had in combining them would be that the reserves would be top aligned, while the other groups would all be bottom aligned. This means, except in extreme cases as noted in the diagram, there would be a noticeable space between available players and those out.

Example of a more 'normal' layout after a TD:

==Reserve==
1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9
10 11
<empty row>
<empty row>
==KO==
12 13
==BH==
14 15
==SI==
==RIP==
==Banned==

Last edited by WhatBall on %b %13, %2010 - %20:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
gandresch

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2010 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

that's true, there should be enough space. If Kalimar let's 1px less space between each row, this would make a half icon of space. A thicker line between reserve and the others would work, too.

@WhatBall:
with 16 players and 2 stars you get 18 players and then you need 10 rows. But if there are less than 18, you only have 9 rows. and 9 rows should fit, because on average you have only about 8 of them occupied.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2010 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

From the rules:
Quote:
Star Players may not take the number of players in the
team to more than 16. However, players that are missing the
game due to injury do not count towards the number of players
on the team, so you can use Star Players to replace players that
are missing a game if you wish.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2010 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

For spacing, the total height of the pitch is 450 pixels. The grid is currently 38wx40h (I think) for each player, and the ==Titles== are 15 px high. The total for 9 rows and 6 titles is exactly 450 px. However, there needs to be room for the Out/Reserves numbers, so dropping the line height to 38 px for each row would save 18 px for the info at the bottom. It would only be a tight squeeze for the trees.
Ullakkomorko

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2010 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

As I wrote earlier, star players cannot be taken if all 16 roster slots are taken. But mercenaries don't have that limitation in the rulebook. I actually don't think they're implemented yet either.
 Jump to: