13 coaches online • Server time: 05:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grod

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2010 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Some help please!

For a Chaos Pact team, which should I take the first doubles for the big guys: Claw or Block? (or other?) Which of the three big guys would you put it on first (if you could choose one)?

(This is actually to help me pick a team for a RL tourney...)

Oscar Wilde
p4m

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2010 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

CP is able to mutate on a normal roll? so Block
maysrill

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2010 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

The marauders and renegades can mutate on normal rolls, the big guys need doubles still. (Chaos, Nurgle and Underworld big guys get normal roll mutations)

I'd still go Block. Hopefully it's one fewer guy burning your rerolls filtered through Loner.
Optihut

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2010 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Block is the better option, except for big guys with juggernaut that are actually blitzing.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2010 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Troll or Ogre, Block.

Mino, Claw, especially if you can get Juggernaut too.
Eddy

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2010 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

maysrill wrote:
(Chaos, Nurgle and Underworld big guys get normal roll mutations)

Afaict, the Nurgle Beast only has S access on regular rolls. That's what written on the version of the rules I have, even if it doesn't make much sense to me (apart from possible balance concerns).

Oh, and yeah, Block.

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2010 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Troll or Ogre, Block.

Mino, Claw, especially if you can get Juggernaut too.

Yeah, but first block for the others. Juggernaut AND claw on a mino comes way down on my list. I'd rather have 1 skill for 3 marauders.

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2010 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

eddy i love your signature!

and yes, block. blockediblockediblock.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2010 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Block... Mighty Blow is enough to do the trick... with Block it can do the trick on a Both Down Result.

I would want it on the Minotaur most if I could put it on any of the 3 Big Guys... he has the potential to Block twice as much as the other 2. Also you risk less by attempting to Block with your Mino than you do the other 2 because he retains his TZ's in case his Negatrait fails. A poorly timed Bonehead or Really Stupid roll can really ruin your formation.

That said I would rather have Guard on all 3 of the Big Guys than to have Block on 2 of them if we were talking a 1 off game (for a team I was moving forward with obviously I gladly take the doubles). The reason for this is that it makes hitting with 3 dice blocks alot easier to do.
clarkin

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2010 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally as a first double I'd take claw on the mino, block on the ogre and tentacles on the troll.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2010 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm... i'd take block in any case simply for the defensive aspect..... minotaurians not only need any protection they can get, block is also quite valueable and progressive with frenzy and juggernaut at best a poor alternative skill.... i'd only consider claws if my mino already has juggernaut...
maysrill

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2010 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
hmm... i'd take block in any case simply for the defensive aspect..... minotaurians not only need any protection they can get, block is also quite valueable and progressive with frenzy and juggernaut at best a poor alternative skill.... i'd only consider claws if my mino already has juggernaut...

Juggernaut is nice enough, but I wouldn't want both it and Block. Thus, I'd consider it on maybe a 3rd skill, once a minotaur has proven itself incapable of rolling doubles.

Without Block or Juggernaut, you don't want to be encouraging blitzes, so no Claw for the mino as a first skill.
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2010 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Take wrestle just to be silly.

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2010 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Block if its an ogre/troll, claw if its the minotaur.

If you get one double then claw the minotaur. If you get two doubles then block the ogre and troll. (for TT tournaments only)

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Carnis

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2010 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Block for all three. For perpetual, its better to have a single marauder killer with MB/Piling on/Claw/Block, as he does not waste blitzes on a 1. Block mino with stand firm will likely earn some freeblocks of his own.
 Jump to: