39 coaches online • Server time: 16:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post custom pitch per tea...goto Post Pact/Renegades meta
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JanekT

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2010 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
"Yes, you may use Stab to replace either one or both of the blocks with the Multiple Block skill. You may declare the 2nd opponent after the 1st block."

Doesn't mention the stab procedure changing at all, so it's presumably still a bog-standard straight roll against armour.
Diddyboy

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2010 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

just think its wrong to bee able to use stab and multiblock. its two actions that you cant fail with in any way and not cause a turnover.

some ruleboys have made a mistake with this
ShAd0wS

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2010 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

wrong or not it is pretty well established in the rulebook that you are allowed to do it, and accuracy is what kalimar is going for. And anyone who leaves 2 players in easy stabbing range next to an assassin kinda deserves it. Stab blitzes, even with 2 stabs still aren't really worth it.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2010 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
Could someone please elaborate on the multi-stab? Need to add this to the implementation, as it is missing still.

Works exactly as a normal stab, but you get two of them. No penalties or bonuses.
uuni

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2010 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

@Kalimar:

Multiple Block enables the player to throw 2 blocks with +2 opposing strength to each. Instead of throwing either one or both of these the player should be able to stab the victim(s).

Multiple Block only works on Block Action.

There is no +2 armor as ruqakaal is speaking of. Multiple Block gives the opponents +2 strength to the block each.

So the sequence would go something along the following:
1) Player declares Block Action (button press?)
2) Player chooses to use Multiple Block Skill (was this a right-click menu selection?)
3) Player chooses to use Stab against target 1 (rightclick-menu? dont know?, optional - should be able to skip to the end of Action without stabbing, perhaps no targets)
4) Stab 1 gets resolved (armor, injury, never modifiers to each, not even niggled injuries)
5) Player chooses to use Stab against target 2 (same as 3))
6) Stab 2 gets resolved (same as 4))
7) Players Block Action ends - possible bloodlust etc.

Was this anywhere near the info you asked? Perhaps somebody else can give a better answer? Smile
Elric1

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2010 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

@Kalimar:

Everything uuni just said is correct. Multiple Block works with stab. As stab ignores strength, there are no penalties at all, just 2 free stabs. Especially useful as stab can never cause turnover, even when you fail. Pretty much the mandatory skill for any assassin who rolls doubles, and the only thing that has a chance at making stab worthwhile.

He is also right that modifiers to injury like Niggle do not apply to any stabs. However, stunty DOES apply as under the new rules it is NOT a modifier to injury, rather 7 is treated as a KO and 9 is a Bad Hurt.

Last edited by Elric1 on %b %30, %2010 - %17:%Aug; edited 2 times in total
Evilo

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2010 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

It's in the FAQs for LRB5:

Q: If you blitz or block an opponent with Dump-Off with a player that has Pass Block can you use Pass Block to move after he declares his use of Dump-Off? Can I use Stab instead of throwing a block after failing a Dauntless roll? Can you use Stab with Multiple Block? When do I declare
the 2nd opponent for a Multiple Block?

A: No, once a block is declared as part of a Block or Blitz Action, you must attempt to complete it before moving again. Similarly, once you roll the dice to use Dauntless, you have actually already declared you are throwing a block and cannot switch to using Stab instead. Yes, you may
use Stab to replace either one or both of the blocks with the Multiple Block skill. You may declare the 2nd opponent after the 1st block.
uuni

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2010 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I feel agreeing with Elric1 on stunty, although I don't remember what is an official ruling about it. If Stunty treatment Very Happy is applicable, same text can be found from Thick Skull, which should then also apply.

My feeling is that both of those skills still apply, but I am not certain. Definitely Mighty Blow does not apply.

Also I previously forgot to mention the Stakes skill, which apparently supersedes the Stab text of "no modifiers" also and gives +1 to Stab armor roll when done against a player playing for Khemri, Necromantic, Undead or Vampire team. Even though there are no mentioned way in the rulebook to get anybody the Stakes skill making Zara the only player with the skill (and without Multiple Block), in future, the site or Stunty Leeg or something could want to give a player Multiple Block, Stab and Stakes somehow.
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2010 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Evilo wrote:
Yes, you may
use Stab to replace either one or both of the blocks with the Multiple Block skill. You may declare the 2nd opponent after the 1st block.

So you may use stab on 1st opponent and see if he goes down. If he goes down, does the player he hold in his tacklezone be able to provide +1 so you can get a 2dice hit on 2nd blocked player or?
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2010 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

XZCion wrote:
Just wondering how this is planning on being implemented?

The Cyanide client asks you after you select block if you want to use multi-block, and it's annoying. So I'd like to avoid that situation the "yet another popup" situation.

Could there be another option to chose from when you select a player that has the skill?

E.g.

Block Action - B
Block Action (Multiple)- X?
Move Action - M
Blitz Action - Z
etc

Thoughts?

What if you are Blitzing to use that Multi-Block?

I can see your point about the popups being annoying. But what you are suggesting would make mulit-block and ACTION (like Block Action, Movement Action, Blitz Action, Pass Action) rather than a SKILL like Dodge, Side Step, Piling On.

Speaking of Piling On, if we adopt your idea on Multi-Block, should there then be a Piling On ACTION as well? Of course not.
Each one is a SKILL that can be used (or not used as per your discretion) while making a Block ACTION.

I don't see a popup or needing to click on the skill (like you must do in the skijunkie client) as being such a time consuming issue.
Especially when you consider that this popup if coded properly would only be an issue if that player was standing next to 2 players he could block.
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2010 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

You cant blitz with multiple block as far as I understand things - stab or no.

And the 2nd block of a multiblock would always use assists that would have been cancelled out by the first target, as they are resolved sequentially. So its entirely possible to mix and match the stabs and blocks as part of the action.

Just reading the rules again it looks it reads as if piling on cannot be used on the 1st block or the 2nd block will not go ahead (obviously I suppose). But that scenario does have "potential bug" screaming out at me so thought I would be annoying and mention it anyway...
uuni

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2010 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

@uzkulak: good point. Multiple block clearly says, that the blocker must be on his feet to have the option to throw the second block (or Stab). Also you are correct that Multiple Block can only be used during a Block Action. Also the assits should go in the sequential fashion as you describe, or in other words they are calculated separately just before finding out the amount and the direction of the block dice of each block.
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2010 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, now Im wondering if you can use piling on at all as part of a multiblock. You many not follow up either block and you need to be next to your downed opponent to PO, so Im kind of thinking you cant combine the two.
uuni

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2010 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

@uzkulak: IMO you can use Piling On in either block, but if you use it in the first one, you can not throw the second one, as is described in the Multiple Block skill. Also it is specifically mentioned in the Multiple Block Skill that choosing to use Multiple Block cancels and negates the blockers potential Frenzy skill. There is also Dwarf Star Grim Ironjaw, which has both Multiple Block and Frenzy skills.
On1

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2010 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't copy paste from this rulebook :/

Anyway, chainsaw skill specifically says it can not be used with multiple block.

stab: "this player may attack an opponent with a stabbing attack instead of throwing a block."

I'm guessing you have the option to choose what you do on both blocks when doing a multiblock, as in:
2x block
2x stab
1x stab 1x block

edit: BWAHAHAH i didn't see page 2... only noticed Kalimars question... not the answers.
 Jump to: