60 coaches online • Server time: 20:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2010 - 16:16
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

HAHA i call being the first to test 2 players being multi blocked one with dump off and one with diving catch.

I feel the earth imploding around me just mentioning it.

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2010 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

to quote the rules writer on his intention with dump off from http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=22383&hilit=dump+off+stab"

Galak Starscraper wrote:
MJ has it correct. Using Stab or a Chainsaw in place of a block requires the target of the block be declared first at which point Dump Off would kick in before you decide to replace the block with Stab or Chainsaw.

As MJ said ... this is why Multiple Block and Stab work together because the Stab move actually "counts" as a block thus allowing Multiple Block to work. The FAQ on this exact ruling extends the logic directly to how Dump Off would work with Stab and Chainsaw as well.

The only reason you cannot use a Chainsaw twice with Multiple Block is because the Chainsaw skill says it can only be used once per turn.

Galak

p.s. Might I recommend we all bookmark http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=29573&p=526922 for when these questions come up and check there quickly first before we start supposing? I know I'm guilty of it as well, so this is a bit pot and kettle :]

Last edited by XZCion on %b %31, %2010 - %16:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2010 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

\o/ thanks to XZCion! Just what I needed. And how I expected it to work, actually.

My (as of yet untested) Multiblock implementation supports this now (doing stab).
On1

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2010 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

jarvis_pants wrote:
HAHA i call being the first to test 2 players being multi blocked one with dump off and one with diving catch.

I feel the earth imploding around me just mentioning it.

keep in mind that diving catch does not move your player. Wink

edit: also throw passblock and diving tackle into the mix O_o
maysrill

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2010 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Player A multiblocks players B and C.

Player B has the ball and uses Dump Off, targetting player D.

Player E has Pass Block, and moves through player C's tackle zone to intercept.

Player C has Shadowing, and successfully follows player E.

Player A turns to player F, who has a degree in computer programming, and asks who he ends up blocking.
f_alk

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2010 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

C can not shadow E, as you can only shadow the Active player.
f_alk

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2010 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
@F_alk: I don't think so (unless u prove me otherwise), as both is a Block action and I would read "throwing a block" as "doing a Block action".

There is a difference:
- With Ball&Chain, you may only take Move Actions, but are allowed to "throw a block".
- The Blitz Action consists of moving, throwing a block, and moving on. Not of a Move Action, a Block Action, and a Move Action. The rulebook tries hard to use uppercase for Actions - so Block is not block.

But as Dump-off says, it is triggered not by "throwing a block" but by "declaring" - and as was quoted above, the order is
- declare the target
- check if target wants to use Dump-off
- decide to throw the block or to replace it by stab
- roll the dice for the block ("throw the block") or the stab.

so, that's the way around there.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2010 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Edit: ignore this post, sorry question was already answered better already Embarassed
stej

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2010 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Just for giggles, could you multiblock one person causing a chain push ending up with a new player next to the multiblocker who he could then hit with the second block?

---XXX----
---12X----
--BO-3x---
---X-4X---
---65XX---
---XX-----

In the above and elaborate setup player B multiblocks 1 and O. Starting with 1 he scores a pushback into 2which in turn goes 3 4 5 6 and then 6 ends up next to B so B hits 6 with the net block?
maysrill

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2010 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

1. The two players need to be adjacent
2. I'm pretty sure you have to declare both targets before you start resolving either of them.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
uuni

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2010 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

You declare the second block after resolving fully the first. So yes, you can push a new player next to the multiblocker and block him. You cannot make 3 blocks though as was written into the example.

(I remember it is possible to push yourself in LRB6 when there are something like 25 players on the table. Cards can bring you at least three players: Borg, Fanatic and the Fan)
bxnyc

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2010 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

So, now you cant blitz into a multi block?
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2010 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

bxnyc wrote:
So, now you cant blitz into a multi block?

I don't think you were ever supposed to be able to, it is just clear now.

The two blocked players do not have to be adjacent to each other anymore, just adjacent to the blocker.
uuni

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2010 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I concur with f_alk:
Quote:
But as Dump-off says, it is triggered not by "throwing a block" but by "declaring" - and as was quoted above, the order is
- declare the target
- check if target wants to use Dump-off
- decide to throw the block or to replace it by stab
- roll the dice for the block ("throw the block") or the stab.

That and Galak said so. Smile
uuni

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2010 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

On1:
Quote:
edit: also throw passblock and diving tackle into the mix O_o

I see where you are getting at. It is good to remember to implement the check of blocker standing before the second block. Pass Block/Diving Tackle, Wrestle, Piling On and skulls make you go prone.
 Jump to: