23 coaches online • Server time: 08:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lantern

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2010 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey folks, I saw there was an old post from 4 or 5 years back referring to a java app for Dungeon Bowl that was being worked on. Did that ever materialize? Just stumbled across the rules for Dungeon Bowl and it looks like it would be fun to try out. Thanks for any info.
Reisender

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2010 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

1) Welcome.
2) No dungeonbowl as far as i know
3) anyway make a team with bloodbowl lrb 4 rules in ranked or academy, or with rules very similar to BB lrb5+/6/crp in the FantasyFootball Division (still beta testing but already very nice and playable) - if you played cyanide you will find less graphics but much better gameplay, site use, coaching and community here on fumbbl...

reis.
Kmarks

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2010 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Dungeon Bowl would be great! But there's probably a lot of work to do with the new client.
Lantern

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2010 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Reis! Looking forward to getting involved.
f_alk

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2010 - 01:09 Reply with quote Back to top

there is a dungeonbowl that never made it past the early beta, it uses the old client as the base, but is even buggier than that one Smile
xyon

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2010 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Skijunkie had his beta for dungeonbowl available on his site, you should be able to search for it on any search engine to find it.

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Hey Xyon you need to change your sig son, I never said anything vaguely like that!
Lantern

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2010 - 02:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks guys.
stej

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2012 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Logged onto steam today and saw you can buy that cynaide dngeonbowl for 9.99. Anyone been tempted to pick this up at all and if so is it worth a tenner?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2012 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

f_alk wrote:
there is a dungeonbowl that never made it past the early beta, it uses the old client as the base, but is even buggier than that one Smile

You are saying ski's client was buggy? Compared to it's modern competitors, it's the Volvo of the computer BB world.
dode74

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2012 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

stej wrote:
Logged onto steam today and saw you can buy that cynaide dngeonbowl for 9.99. Anyone been tempted to pick this up at all and if so is it worth a tenner?
Don't bother. They've removed any semblance of balance the rules used to have (very little) and pared it down to 3 colleges to make you buy the rest as DLC. It's also even buggier than their BB client. It has two good features:
1. You can spectate matches (about bloody time!).
2. The dungeon editor is excellent. If the game was actually playable it would make the replay value immense.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2012 - 07:47 Reply with quote Back to top

dode74 wrote:
stej wrote:
Don't bother. They've removed any semblance of balance the rules used to have (very little) and pared it down to 3 colleges to make you buy the rest as DLC. It's also even buggier than their BB client. It has two good features:
1. You can spectate matches (about bloody time!).
2. The dungeon editor is excellent. If the game was actually playable it would make the replay value immense.

Oh man! Even Dode is having a go at it.

They're doomed.

I suppose they assume that people will think "hey, it's only ten quid. Can't lose."

I hope that it at least doesn't fry graphics cards.

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2012 - 08:33 Reply with quote Back to top

You mean..... There is a poor Cyanide BB related product out there?!

Hold the phones. Wink
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2012 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

It's probably better that the Cyanide Game of Thrones related products. Sad

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2012 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the input chaps. I was falling into the "its only a tenner" camp and was tempted to buy it. However, the lack of single player was putting me off and the comments above have convinced me my money is better spent donating to fumbbl.

How much money would we need to raise to convice Kalimar to make a Dungeonbowl client too...
Narlgoth

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2012 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to see a Dungeonbowl division too- wondering monsters, teleports and exploding chests rock!

I imagine it would take a lot of effort and is very unlikely to ever be created, but we can dream! Very Happy
 Jump to: