30 coaches online • Server time: 07:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2010 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I have discussed this in the Box channel on numerous occasions,the general consensus is that the sooner box closes and re-opens as FFBox the better. As a Box player myself i am dismayed at the lack of games in the box at the moment due to coaches trying out FFB instead, i know that iI myself have been known to give up on a draw and play FFB instead.

I personally feel that it is probably best to get the cup out the way first, as there are quite a few Box teams tied up in that, but as soon as the FC finishes I would be very glad to see the change over made.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2010 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think the cup makes much difference for now.

The FFB Blackbox division that's setup would initially still be in Beta anyway, so we would not be moving old Blackbox teams over yet, so the FC can continue as normal.

However, the FFB Blackbox division would allow people to start new teams and try out the new scheduler, until the plans are in place for team migration.
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2010 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

/signed

Getting jealous now of the Cyanide boys and their shiny new LE divisions. Wink

Would moving/adding the scheduler to [F] do the trick until the real switch over comes?.

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2010 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

/signed but prefer to know if the teams will be reset or not before play ffb or run any tourneys thought
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2010 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

flyor wrote:
/signed.
it was a long journey to get the matchup quality in [b] that high. a good reason to start checking maximum TV differences (maybe even by time of the day) as soon as possible.
but as there are other things more important, [b] could be the place to test the move from lrb4 to ffb.(and get it done quickly)

That is the best idea I have seen in months.
Assuming the people that say we are going to transfer LRB4 teams over to FFB why not begin that test in Black Box. That way Box coaches who are playing a lot of FFB anyway can work out the potential kinks of the transfer system. Also the needed tweaks of the Scheduler have to be worked out based on the new rule set. We could get a 2 for 1.

Debate over having a scheduler in Ranked someday, so that coaches in non-European time zones can actually use it, and all the other arguments can be tabled to another day.
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2010 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm all for this idea, but do people ever refuse games on FFB at the moment anyway? I can't recall many occasions when this has happened. So I'm just not really sure what the benfit of having a box scheduler would be at the moment?

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2010 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Uhm... Why not just test it in [R] what's the difference?

I would be against transfering [B] teams, since this is a great opportunity to reset the division and start from scratch. (also the statistics)
JanekT

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2010 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the idea is that, at present, [B] is not getting a healthy number of games. The argument being that regular box coaches are running off to test the new client instead.

In many ways setting up an FFB box would kill three birds with one stone - it'd give fans of the schuduler a way to get more games, it'd get more testing of the client done, and it'd lay the groundwork for tweaking the balance of how the scheduler will work in the future.

The major concern would be that it may well effectively kill the LRB4 box once and for all. Although that's coming at some point anyway.

Personally I'd setup the FFB Box for testing the scheduler, but let everyone know that it will definitely be wiped when the full switchover is done, at which point you open it up to transfers from the LRB4 box.
justagigolo

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2010 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I imagine a large part of the reason the box has suffered a much larger impact then ranked due to FFB lies in the fact that there is no penalty for putting teams up in both ranked and FFB at the same time. The box really forces you to commit once you activate a team. I am in agreement with everyone else that I would love to see the box running in the new client.
On1

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2010 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Well if it will be reset after the testing period, then i welcome the idea.
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2010 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I love the box. It has been rather dead for quite some time, and I have no option other than ffb. ffb box will be a dream come true!
Emeyin

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2010 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

BillBrasky wrote:
I love the box. It has been rather dead for quite some time, and I have no option other than ffb. ffb box will be a dream come true!

quoted for truth
Bobs

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2010 - 06:26 Reply with quote Back to top

BillBrasky wrote:

Double quoted for win/win
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2010 - 08:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I too am looking forward to FFB being away and running properly in the way LRB4 was, so R and B for those that want it.

I think it's less important than getting the client 100% right, mind. There are still bugs and bits and pieces (played a game last night that reminded me how much I sometimes like to choose not to use Dodge...) that need to be done, and I'd rather we spent a little more time getting it dead right now rather than rushing it through. I'm sure B will pick up again when FFB is official.
Skolopender

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2010 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I love Ranked and I love Blackbox!

Gimme both!

So...

/Signed