41 coaches online • Server time: 14:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Clementus

Post 3 Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

<<As im sure alot of people are now getting fed up of stunty teams i am a little unsure whether to post this or not but hell, here goes. Please flame, though constructively, and comment or even praise (can hope).>>

And so the ground erupted once again as Black Magics coursed through the stagnant air within the stadium.....

Long had Necromancers plied their trades alongside the Undead Bloodbowl teams of the Lands. But something was different, there was something new, the players looked different, and the canibals known for visiting such feeding grounds looked somewhat smaller.
And leading the "ceremonies" were necromancers who though in the light looked terrifying as ever seemed somewhat stouter than their usual counterparts.
But they had been working on a plan, a cunning plan, to use the corpses that others deemed unworthy of being raised. And so here came the birth/rebirth of a new side......

.....Arms grasped at the air from beneath the ground and soon torsos and feet followed and from the shadows came the pigmies to feed on the flesh and join their allies in going to war. (or bloodbowl)

((Unsure on a Team name but bah! Skellings will do for now))

SKELLINGS

0-2 Mummy 3 5 1 9 Mighty Blow,Regenerate (110K)
0-4 Pigmy 7 2 3 6 Dodge,Stunty,Sidestep(60-80Knot sure yet)
0-12 Zombling 4 2 2 7 Dodge,Stunty (30K)
0-12 Skelling 5 2 2 6 Dodge, Stunty
*Wightling (ass name need a different one though am not sure they need them) 6 2 3 7 Block, Stunty (60K)

Pigmy, Zombling and Skellings can have Ag skills.
Mummy the Usual, Wightling General (though not sure on this)

Rerolls = 80K No Apothecary Necromancer raises Zombling on Death

Plz have a look and comment, alot of things i am unsure on and would love some help. Playtested once using the following team vs Nurglings, did ok.

2 Mummies =220K
2 Pigmies(60K) = 120K
4 Zomblings =120K
5 Skellings =150K
=610K
4xRR =320K
FF 7 =70K
=1Mil

Though looking back this side does look a little strong i would love some play testing to be done and as many suggestions as possible.

Flings Rule!
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

There are several deadlings teams floating around in house leagues.. if i wasnt so lazy i'd find some threads and compare Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

oh, bah!
Nasty Bp

Flings Rule!
Flynn

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

stunty +dauntless = vicious
take away the wightlings stunty

Goodbye Cusi
olivers

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

i'd do:

0-2 Mummy 3 5 1 9 Mighty Blow,Regenerate (110K)
0-2 Pigmy 7 2 3 6 Dodge,Stunty
0-12 Zombling 4 2 2 7 Dodge,Stunty, regen
0-12 Skelling 5 2 2 6 Dodge, Stunty, regen
*Wightling NOOO!!

Needs 2 pygmies like ghouls, wightling's would be too nasty. You are lacking a bit of ompf with only 2 slow mummies and AV6. How about pygmy blow darts? This is turning into the other discussions about pygmies though. You also need regen to help with no apoth.
Clementus

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

K will try and answer/argue my point when anyone suggest something. ok, not enough ompf, The wights gave this but aye i still realise they are a little off, will sort that out. and 0-4 Pigmies i still think is right unless you add the wights then 0-2 of both.

And the apoth thing here is same as on a normal undead side, pigmies as ghouls are match winners, kinda, but a bit fragile.

Flings Rule!
Tordenskjold

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I will post more later, but I agree with the 0-4 pigmies since the team has no access to regen/apoth for them. I think making the skellings have a lower armor-value -maybe as low as 5 while giving them regen may be good -the purpose being to keep the fragile-ness of skeletons alive in the stunty, otherwise they go from being really fragile to being some of the least fragile. Here's just a thought... Replace pygmies with werepups/wereminaiturepoodles? The werepup would naturally get to feast on any left-over skeleton bones after the game. The werepup would allow for taking another aspects from non-stunty into the stunty -the quickness and fragileness and suffering from having no regen -much like the suggested pygmies.
Here's a wild suggestion:
Make the skellings really weak (st1) and reduce the number of Zombies that can be had -the idea being that a player will be forced to either field zombies or pygmies in defense. It would also add a feature that lizardmen suffer from... -once their good guys (sauri for lizardmen) are starting to fall, their replacements (skinks) are weak, adding the fun of a strong initial team having the possibility of starting to collapse unless the coach is careful.
Corneto25

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

those zombs and skels need regenerate... or are you considering apoth for this undead team?
Pigmy should have blowdarts (poison dagger) like those cute fellas in mummy 2 (or diablo2 actIII)

0-2 Mummy 3 5 1 9 Mighty Blow,Regenerate (G,S) - 110k
0-4 Pigmy 7 2 3 6 Dodge, Poison dagger, Stunty (A) - 60k
0-12 Zombling 4 2 2 7 Dodge,Stunty, regen (A) - 30k
0-12 Skelling 5 2 2 6 Dodge, Stunty, regen (A) - 30k

RR - 70k *80k is TOO much*

I dont think this team is that strong... sure, mummies are great, but 3ma can be really a pain in stunty.
starting lineup could be like this

2 mummies - 220
3 pigmies - 180
4 zomblings - 120
4 skellings - 120
4RR - 280
8FF - 80

nice starting line. 13 players, with 3 penalty and the linedead suck....
i dont think its overpowered, maybe im wrong... needs testing of course.
Clementus

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm ok, Tords, av5 a possibility, but av 6 not exactly great, worse than gobbos, gnomes etc and same as flings, I reckon 6 is right for the base of the team or it will really badly die, but will play test both. Str 1, i really dont like the idea of, str 2 is average which is pretty much what im looking for for them, and werepups, hmm i had thought of them but didnt like the idea of pups playing. Pigmies give the speed and are pretty much mini ghouls so no Apoth for them, i.e possible match winners, scorers, but also fragile. This makes em like werewolves anyway but i dont want claw etc, or frenzy, too good in stunty.

Then poison dagger, hmm, must say im actually not fond of it at all, possibly poison cos of their constant feeding on rotten carcasses but as ghouls in Bbowl they are more the catchers scorers, agile players. And i DONT like the idea of them being sent off.

Flings Rule!
Santa

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

SKELLINGS

0-2 Mummy 3 5 1 9 Mighty Blow,Regenerate (110K) G,S
Quite strong in stuntyleeg cause of lack of drawbacks and acces to RR

0-4 Pigmy 7 2 3 6 Dodge,Stunty,Sidestep (??k) A
Good player, but with no regenerate, av 6 and no apotechary they will die a lot, dunno about the price

0-2 Wightling 6 2 3 7 Block, Regenerate (??K) G
Good player, cause it starts with block and has acces to General skills meaning that they will get tackle rather quickly

0-12 Zombling 4 2 1 7 Dodge,Stunty, Regenerate (30K) A
i reduced the ag to 1 cause i wanted to make the really useless

0-12 Skelling 5 2 1 6 Dodge, Stunty, Regenerate (30k) A
same thing with the skellings

Rerolls = 80K
Sounds ok, theyll have to start with a lot of RR

No Apothecary Necromancer raises Zombling on Death
Sounds ok..

/Santa
Clementus

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

K, thanks Santa, first comment ive agreed on, though am not so sure about ag 1 on BOTH the lings, reckon ag 2 on skelling perhaps or you only got a few people who can handle ball at all.

Prices i reckon should be 60 for Pigmy, and hmm 70K for Wightling i think, though not fond of name.

Flings Rule!
Tordenskjold

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2004 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

1) I think that the creation of a new stunty-team should be done along with a full revision of all stunties -allowing to see skellings in context -and see what kind of team is needed.
2) With (A) zomblings and skellings will be worthless in development, though (S) may be too good -though they still don't have access to block -something to consider.
Clementus

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2004 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Full Revision of stunties gonna be tough but aye would be nice, think Evos been working on revising a few teams. and reckon zomblings and skellings not worthless, same as zombies and skeletons in normal. Not great but useful for taking damage.

Flings Rule!
Tordenskjold

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2004 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

When it comes to raising killed players -would it be a lot of extra programming if stunties were raised as skellings but non-stunties (big-guys, sauri etc.) were raised as full skeletons (makes sense). If this would not be doo difficult, the team could have a max capacity of maybe 2 skeletons -rewarding the feat of killing off the bigger guys... This of course would have to be compensated by lowering some other advantage the team has.
MixX

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2004 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Tordenskjold wrote:
When it comes to raising killed players -would it be a lot of extra programming if stunties were raised as skellings but non-stunties (big-guys, sauri etc.) were raised as full skeletons (makes sense). If this would not be doo difficult, the team could have a max capacity of maybe 2 skeletons -rewarding the feat of killing off the bigger guys... This of course would have to be compensated by lowering some other advantage the team has.

nice idea, if this team ever becomes a reality..
 Jump to: